Going Great

kevvy

Great news kevvy, it is a real milestone to fit into a size smaller, or is it two sizes down? I'm just starting to fit into clothes that I haven't worn for a couple of years too. I've got a fat and skinny wardrobe, given too many clothes to the op shop over the years, so I keep them now, just in case. I really feel that I will have worn the fat clothes for the last time though. I'm determined to make this a life long life style change. I haven't had any great loss this week although I have stayed on the same eating and exercise regime. I seem to lose nothing for five or six days then lose about a half a kilo the next day. At least I know to stick with the program and it will come off eventually.

I started 'psyching' myself into believing the foods that are bad for me are poison, it works, just look at it and say to myself "I can't eat that or I will be sick'....a state of mind, thanks for that tip, was it h90? train the mind.

I do still miss sweets, but not as much as at first when I used to have sudden urges to go to the shop and buy a packet of choccy biscuits or a chocolate bar.

Thinking of your old dog, I know what it's like, a little bit breaks off your heart when you lose a pet, thankfully he's not in pain.

• Like 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news kevvy, it is a real milestone to fit into a size smaller, or is it two sizes down? I'm just starting to fit into clothes that I haven't worn for a couple of years too. I've got a fat and skinny wardrobe, given too many clothes to the op shop over the years, so I keep them now, just in case. I really feel that I will have worn the fat clothes for the last time though. I'm determined to make this a life long life style change. I haven't had any great loss this week although I have stayed on the same eating and exercise regime. I seem to lose nothing for five or six days then lose about a half a kilo the next day. At least I know to stick with the program and it will come off eventually.

I started 'psyching' myself into believing the foods that are bad for me are poison, it works, just look at it and say to myself "I can't eat that or I will be sick'....a state of mind, thanks for that tip, was it h90? train the mind.

I do still miss sweets, but not as much as at first when I used to have sudden urges to go to the shop and buy a packet of choccy biscuits or a chocolate bar.

Thinking of your old dog, I know what it's like, a little bit breaks off your heart when you lose a pet, thankfully he's not in pain.

I suspect that a big part of these strange effects is water in the body, sometimes it is more sometimes less.....

yes that was me....I do it a bit different. I try to not look it as food at all. Not that it will make me sick, more like if you see a barbecued cat, or fried insects...you see and smell it but you don't see it as food. While it is surely mouth watering for others.

A bit of topic.....Bicycle race training with a club....200 km or so.....everyone is fit and focused, they pass a restaurant with nice smell and half had to stop or even fall off the bike because of low blood sugar. The smell and the imagine of it is enough to increase insulin and bring you in hypo in that situation where the body is already on the limit.

dog...alive and happy...but looks terrible.....

Hi Peppa

weighed myself today ..14 .2 kgs down. wow, I have to tell you it was easy to change , but the trouble is that you have to beat your body and mind into its thinking . That is the hardest thing for me at the start, even 10 weeks later I still have the food thoughts, I gave up smoking 30 years ago and that was hard, but this harder I think in my mind thinking .My body tries to trick me , as some days my weight does up and stays there for 3 days and I haven't changed a thing .H90 was talking about this too. I too have told myself about foods and what they do , and after seeing and feeling the benefits I will keep going.I am on my target of 20 kgs by my birthday .I never was a sweet eater so that helps, but last night my wife had a pepsi and I took one small drink and could believe how sweet it was.And before I drank litres of it . I am so pleased for you peppa , keep it up and thanks for you encouragement.

thanks mate

kevvy

I suspect that a big part of these strange effects is water in the body, sometimes it is more sometimes less.....

yes that was me....I do it a bit different. I try to not look it as food at all. Not that it will make me sick, more like if you see a barbecued cat, or fried insects...you see and smell it but you don't see it as food. While it is surely mouth watering for others.

A bit of topic.....Bicycle race training with a club....200 km or so.....everyone is fit and focused, they pass a restaurant with nice smell and half had to stop or even fall off the bike because of low blood sugar. The smell and the imagine of it is enough to increase insulin and bring you in hypo in that situation where the body is already on the limit.

H90

the weight is still coming off , and and I am as happy as a turd in a sewer pit. Thanks for the help.

Off topic...how old is your dog and how long has he been a part of the family. My friend died 35 years ago , and I never stop thinking of him . he was a great loyal dog. sadly missed .

KEVVY

Hi Peppa

weighed myself today ..14 .2 kgs down. wow, I have to tell you it was easy to change , but the trouble is that you have to beat your body and mind into its thinking . That is the hardest thing for me at the start, even 10 weeks later I still have the food thoughts, I gave up smoking 30 years ago and that was hard, but this harder I think in my mind thinking .My body tries to trick me , as some days my weight does up and stays there for 3 days and I haven't changed a thing .H90 was talking about this too. I too have told myself about foods and what they do , and after seeing and feeling the benefits I will keep going.I am on my target of 20 kgs by my birthday .I never was a sweet eater so that helps, but last night my wife had a pepsi and I took one small drink and could believe how sweet it was.And before I drank litres of it . I am so pleased for you peppa , keep it up and thanks for you encouragement.

thanks mate

kevvy

When I was on low carbs (I was extreme low, as close to no carbs as possible with normal food....) carrots tasted sweet and a regular apple was almost too sweet to eat (anyway too many carbs to eat).

I didn't try coke or fruit juice. The apple was already a big sin....

Interesting how the taste changes. Would be interesting what happens to people who still drink diet coke. Does the taste change the same or not.

Lets hope your wife doesn't get annoyed with what you eat and don't eat.....specially if she cooks and you don't eat it. Some women don't take it light.

Edit: don't think that your body tricks you....it is just normal fluctuation. Just because the weight isn't a perfect way of measure. Water in the body...going toilet recently, all changes the weight. Your target is to get less fat, but you measure total weight.

If you eat a 200 gram chocolate you weight less after eating than if you eat half a kg of salad and half a liter water....

Edited by h90

Artificial sweetener such as Stevia can be of great help w/ that. I use it w/ natural cocoa, for example.

• Like 2

H90

the weight is still coming off , and and I am as happy as a turd in a sewer pit. Thanks for the help.

Off topic...how old is your dog and how long has he been a part of the family. My friend died 35 years ago , and I never stop thinking of him . he was a great loyal dog. sadly missed .

KEVVY

The dog: Not sure 7+ years. Kind of soi dog, but with just 3 legs and someone trained him something. Rumors tell it was a former police dog...but no idea if true or not.

The sadist neighbor used to hound his big dog on it (who always lost), but we adopted the dog to end it.....

Staff loved him also...they address him with Khun because they believe he is a born again person, rofl.....Still alive, still happy, doesn't eat much and looks like hell.

7 years ago my father (he has much more experience with dogs) told that the dog is old + had lots of white hair. Now he is 7 years older....

Many huge bulks (cancer) inside (no not on/in the skin, deep inside). But no pain. Not eat much.....I think a question of days/weeks not month.

Hi Peppa

thanks mate

kevvy

When I was on low carbs (I was extreme low, as close to no carbs as possible with normal food....) carrots tasted sweet and a regular apple was almost too sweet to eat (anyway too many carbs to eat).

Interesting how the taste changes. Would be interesting what happens to people who still drink diet coke. Does the taste change the same or not.

Lets hope your wife doesn't get annoyed with what you eat and don't eat.....specially if she cooks and you don't eat it. Some women don't take it light.

Edit: don't think that your body tricks you....it is just normal fluctuation. Just because the weight isn't a perfect way of measure. Water in the body...going toilet recently, all changes the weight. Your target is to get less fat, but you measure total weight.

If you eat a 200 gram chocolate you weight less after eating than if you eat half a kg of salad and half a liter water....

Hi H90

My wife does not annoyed because the reason is I DO ALL THE COOKING .....laugh.png . She eats the same as me doe dinner but buys thai street food for lunch .Poor girl , she went into the shop to buy something and came out with a bottle of choc milk for me .I told her I would not drink it so she took it back....Still on track with my weight . seen an interesting news report on Magda szubanskis

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/magda-szubanskis-125m-jenny-craig-deal-all-about-her-health/story-fni0cvc9-1226847305095

I hope she can do it , and keep it off. Something all us fatties have to work on the rest of out life

kevvy

Hi Peppa

thanks mate

kevvy

Hi H90

My wife does not annoyed because the reason is I DO ALL THE COOKING .....laugh.png . She eats the same as me doe dinner but buys thai street food for lunch .Poor girl , she went into the shop to buy something and came out with a bottle of choc milk for me .I told her I would not drink it so she took it back....Still on track with my weight . seen an interesting news report on Magda szubanskis

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/magda-szubanskis-125m-jenny-craig-deal-all-about-her-health/story-fni0cvc9-1226847305095

I hope she can do it , and keep it off. Something all us fatties have to work on the rest of out life

kevvy

I think not easy for your wife.....Mine would get pretty angry.....But we eat different things, most of the time anyway.

What was/is for me important is to have the next plan.....Reach a specific weight and than.....

For 2 reasons: First I thought if there is no new plan, what you do after you reach your target? Without guideline you would just eat more again. Second if only the target to reach a specific weight, it would be slow, because somehow no urgency in it. But if it must be reached fast to do the second plan it is more motivating.

For me it is not to gain weight in form of muscles (before I had approx. as much muscle as a jellyfish), which turns out to be more difficult that to diet away weight....That old lazy body doesn't appreciate the idea to morph from jellyfish to Schwarzenegger. No matter if it makes sense or not, without it, I most probably would already eat fatty rice again and would be well on the way to regain all the fat. So I have something to focus and a specific high quality diet. On good quality carbs and lots of protein with very low fat, you gain much less than people would believe. The real killer is low quality carbs mixed fat.

(Body takes the carbs for energy + switches the cells into "store fat mode" and the fat can be stored easily without much modifications. With good carbs the insulin never spikes that high and with lack of fat the body need to generate fat from sugar which is slow, meanwhile the muscles (from the training) are fishing out the sugar from the blood. Of course too much is too much and will make you fat but far slower than a mix of fat with carbs)

• Like 1

Weighed myself this morning .I am happy with the results I have achieved .It has been a struggle the last 2 weeks as I have been tempted to eat the wrong kind of foods as my body was not losing the weight I wanted.I stuck to my program and now I have lost 15 .3 kg's...... I actually put on a shirt that I haven't worn for 3 years.After I got sick they were hung up in the wardrobe.

Now I have the desire to reach my goal of 20kg by July. It really makes you feel good when you actually see the results .

Thanks

kevvy

Weighed myself this morning .I am happy with the results I have achieved .It has been a struggle the last 2 weeks as I have been tempted to eat the wrong kind of foods as my body was not losing the weight I wanted.I stuck to my program and now I have lost 15 .3 kg's...... I actually put on a shirt that I haven't worn for 3 years.After I got sick they were hung up in the wardrobe.

Now I have the desire to reach my goal of 20kg by July. It really makes you feel good when you actually see the results .

Thanks

kevvy

yes that is a great feeling to wear clothes you couldn't wear for a long time.....

Thanks

kevvy

Hey Kevvy, great going! Nothing tastes as good as a successful week of weight loss. I lost 0.9 last week, have 2.5 kg to go to my first goal, then five more after that.......I'm fitting into clothes that I haven't worn for a couple of years too. Sometimes I can't believe that I've actually lost almost 8 kg since the middle of January, that's 16 margarine containers full of fat ha ha. I have slipped up a couple of times in the last two weeks but I put it behind me straight away and continue my healthy eating plan, one meal, one day at a time.

On the weekend someone plonked a huge bag of hot chips on the table in front of me. I actually resisted, if I had even one little chippy I would have lost the fight, the first mouthful being the catalyst, so I completely ignored them and continued eating my carrot sticks. This weight loss caper is certainly a war of willpower!!!....let's be victorious, for better health and a happier life.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Thanks

kevvy

Hey Kevvy, great going! Nothing tastes as good as a successful week of weight loss. I lost 0.9 last week, have 2.5 kg to go to my first goal, then five more after that.......I'm fitting into clothes that I haven't worn for a couple of years too. Sometimes I can't believe that I've actually lost almost 8 kg since the middle of January, that's 16 margarine containers full of fat ha ha. I have slipped up a couple of times in the last two weeks but I put it behind me straight away and continue my healthy eating plan, one meal, one day at a time.

On the weekend someone plonked a huge bag of hot chips on the table in front of me. I actually resisted, if I had even one little chippy I would have lost the fight, the first mouthful being the catalyst, so I completely ignored them and continued eating my carrot sticks. This weight loss caper is certainly a war of willpower!!!....let's be victorious, for better health and a happier life.

Keep up the good work!

I just imagine having the contend of 16 warm margarine containers under my skin on my belly sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png

And now I a picture jumped into my mind of the stuff the sucked away on a belly...it really looks a bit like margarine.....

• Like 1

Thanks

kevvy

Keep up the good work!

Hi Peppa

that is so good to lose that much in a week after all this time . I too have to fight my mind sometimes , but when you stick to it it does get easier. It is a great feeling to put on clothes you havent worn i a long time and it is great seeing my manhood again hahahah. No more stomach to get in the way .. So i think I will try for 40 kgs by xmas not the 50 I first planned for .I see what happens. I was thinking , when I get to my first goal I should reward myself with an ice cream or chips. Then I thought I don't miss them so instead I will have a double serving of wagyu Aussie beef .

I am happy someone is losing the weight too. and dont forget about H90 he is the one that helps so much thanks to him too

kevvy

Thanks

kevvy

Keep up the good work!

I just imagine having the contend of 16 warm margarine containers under my skin on my belly sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png

And now I a picture jumped into my mind of the stuff the sucked away on a belly...it really looks a bit like margarine.....

You know H90 I use to thinks the same a peppa, fat was like a tub of margarine ... It is good way to look at it.

kevvy

Another week, another 0.6 kg off. I got a complete surprise when I weighed in, my home scales are erratic and were giving a false reading. Here I was thinking I'd gained weight, don't actually feel like I lost this week, but there you go. I didn't stick to my eating plan 100%, had a couple of bad days, but put them straight behind me and worked harder, and it paid off in the end. I'm on the home run now, with 1.9 kg to my first goal woohoo!!!

Check in kevvy, interested in your progress.

• Like 1

Keep up the good work Kevvy.

I started my reformed eating regime about three weeks ago too. I've lost 3kg so far, about one a week.

I can't walk far because of bung knees, but I get down the gym three times a week to do some cardio and upper body resistant weights, just to keep toned more than anything, but I burn about 200 calories for a session, so it's something.

I've been sticking to steamed veges and salads with small portions (125g) of chicken, beef or fish, usually once a day.

I want to lose 12kg by June.

These threads are great for support and information.

I'm going to try the Garcinia Cambogia when they arrive from Thailand to see if they suppress my appetite a little.

I tell myself 'one day at a time'....if I did it yesterday, I can do it again today.

Great , keep it up . Even if we lose 200 gms a week it is still losing something , that is the way I am looking at it. I will post you on more of my results so we can help each othert if you like .Let me know cheers and keep up the good work ..well done mate.

Great idea!

Maybe some meal ideas too. My diet is very boring at this stage. I'm a bit reluctant to introduce other foods just yet, not until I get a few more kilo's off.

Do you cook your own? I know if I lived in Thailand I wouldn't.....too much cheap yummy food.

I'm making a vege soup tomorrow so that will make a change.

That was partly how i gained my weight.. by eating all the street food and not cooking myself. It was a pitfall. I was always prone to weight gain and at that point i was already working out in my gym. So it was not lack of exercise. But I admit it also was my weekly drinking session. But the moment i took control of what i ate weight came off easier.

It took me a year to get on the weight that i wanted to be, now i just maintain and workout hard to maybe get some extra muscle.

But maintaining is easier and harder.. easier as you can eat a bit more.. harder as there is no real goal. I do step on the scales more then a few times a week.. sometimes every day.

it nice to put your results in a spreadsheet and make a nice graph.

• Like 1

Another week, another 0.6 kg off. I got a complete surprise when I weighed in, my home scales are erratic and were giving a false reading. Here I was thinking I'd gained weight, don't actually feel like I lost this week, but there you go. I didn't stick to my eating plan 100%, had a couple of bad days, but put them straight behind me and worked harder, and it paid off in the end. I'm on the home run now, with 1.9 kg to my first goal woohoo!!!

Check in kevvy, interested in your progress.

Hi Peppa

sorry I am up in Chiang rai and wont be back for a few days .mmmm tried to be careful but had one day where we all went out for dinner and i ate too much .i was really kicking myself but got back on track the next day.the dinner was something to write home about ,all really good thai food .never mind , i am on track again and will weigh myself when get home .. still like coming here to tell you and the others

kevvy

Edited by kevvy

This is a positive forum..It's great that you can identify the problem and fix it by staying focused and positive. I am sure you feel so much better dropping a few lbs.

G,Day

yes it is great on this forum as you can get help here and talk to people who know ..

kevvy

I hope you keep going great kevvy don't worry about falling off the wagon once in a while.. as long as there is a downwards trend.

I had 3 weeks of eating bad stuff (chocolate and chips and alcohol sugary drinks) plus less training, i was a bit stressed work wise. Remarkably my weight did not change. I do think that the body set point can change at some point. Been almost 2 years on this weight now after loosing 25 kg.

But during a weight loss phase its more important to not eat too much.. once maintaining and when you maintained it for a long time I believe though evidence is not conclusive either way that your body set point can change. Some think you can only change it upwards. Just read about it once its interesting.

• Like 1

I hope you keep going great kevvy don't worry about falling off the wagon once in a while.. as long as there is a downwards trend.

I had 3 weeks of eating bad stuff (chocolate and chips and alcohol sugary drinks) plus less training, i was a bit stressed work wise. Remarkably my weight did not change. I do think that the body set point can change at some point. Been almost 2 years on this weight now after loosing 25 kg.

But during a weight loss phase its more important to not eat too much.. once maintaining and when you maintained it for a long time I believe though evidence is not conclusive either way that your body set point can change. Some think you can only change it upwards. Just read about it once its interesting.

G'Day Mate

Went up to Chiang Rai for 5 days and fell off the wagon ...so to speak. I put on 1.4 kgs. I felt down when got home , but then thought "oh well" so I got over it and went back to what I was eating before I went away .I will lose that soon and start the down wood trend again...

Thank Mate

kevvy

Hi all

mmmm It seems hardr to lose this weight I put on , lose 800grams of it and by next week should be back on track .

these pictures make me think "I can do it "

http://www.ranker.com/list/celebrities-who-lost-weight-before-and-after-photos/ranker-celebrities?format=SLIDESHOW&page=30

kevvy

p.s how are you going Peppa?

Hi all

mmmm It seems hardr to lose this weight I put on , lose 800grams of it and by next week should be back on track .

http://www.ranker.com/list/celebrities-who-lost-weight-before-and-after-photos/ranker-celebrities?format=SLIDESHOW&page=30

kevvy

How am I going? The same as you kevvy. I've had a bit of a shocker this week too. No Chiang Rai....if only, just hit the biscuits again, earlier in the week. I've lost most of it, but trying desperately to get back to what I was last Monday for the fat club weigh-in tomorrow. It will be close but I don't think I'll quite get there.

I'm glad you're back on track, guess we wouldn't be human if we didn't go off the rails once in a while.

Sometimes I scare myself knowing how easy it is to slip back into my old ways.

Anyway, we must battle on, don't lose sight of the big picture and how good it feels to fit into the smaller sizes.

Those before and after pics are inspirational, hope they managed to keep it off.

That is so true. As I've been losing VERY SLOWLY (and fine with that) I am especially aware that it wouldn't be hard at all to reverse six months of progress in a few weeks, if that. Vigilance is the only way and nobody said it was easy.

• Like 1

Hi all

kevvy

How am I going? The same as you kevvy. I've had a bit of a shocker this week too. No Chiang Rai....if only, just hit the biscuits again, earlier in the week. I've lost most of it, but trying desperately to get back to what I was last Monday for the fat club weigh-in tomorrow. It will be close but I don't think I'll quite get there.

I'm glad you're back on track, guess we wouldn't be human if we didn't go off the rails once in a while.

Sometimes I scare myself knowing how easy it is to slip back into my old ways.

Anyway, we must battle on, don't lose sight of the big picture and how good it feels to fit into the smaller sizes.

Those before and after pics are inspirational, hope they managed to keep it off.

Hi Peppe

O like the way people saying saying to me Kev you lost so much weight !! it feels so good when you hear this and makes me so happy and that alone keeps me going most of the time Good luck in the weigh in mate , and if you dont reach your weight , dont worry be happy (heh wasn't that a song long time ago).

Keep me informed how you went .

kevvy

That is so true. As I've been losing VERY SLOWLY (and fine with that) I am especially aware that it wouldn't be hard at all to reverse six months of progress in a few weeks, if that. Vigilance is the only way and nobody said it was easy.

You know JT .... I gave up smoking 30 years ago and even today even though I dont get cravings , it would be easy to start again in I was in that freame of mind. Losing weight is the same for us ...Always have to keep your mind on it .

kevvy

• Like 1

You know JT .... I gave up smoking 30 years ago and even today even though I dont get cravings , it would be easy to start again in I was in that freame of mind. Losing weight is the same for us ...Always have to keep your mind on it .

kevvy

Ha! I can relate to that, especially when you're standing next to a smoker and they exhale and you breathe it in, that sensation of nicotine is reborn. I've often said if I knew I was on my last leg, I'd take it up again, but the price if ciggies here in Australia wouldn't allow that to happen anyway, so I'm pretty sure I'll always be an ex-smoker. I don't get cravings for ciggies either, but I still remember the satisfaction of that first puff in the morning.

I think it was easier giving up smoking because you don't have to buy them or have cigarettes in the house, whereas food, we still have to eat, don't we? I've got an addictive personality, if it's not one bad habit, it's another, I hope I don't take up anything to replace overeating.

Good work Jingthing, slow and steady wins the race.

kevvy

Ha! I can relate to that, especially when you're standing next to a smoker and they exhale and you breathe it in, that sensation of nicotine is reborn. I've often said if I knew I was on my last leg, I'd take it up again, but the price if ciggies here in Australia wouldn't allow that to happen anyway, so I'm pretty sure I'll always be an ex-smoker. I don't get cravings for ciggies either, but I still remember the satisfaction of that first puff in the morning.

I think it was easier giving up smoking because you don't have to buy them or have cigarettes in the house, whereas food, we still have to eat, don't we? I've got an addictive personality, if it's not one bad habit, it's another, I hope I don't take up anything to replace overeating.

Good work Jingthing, slow and steady wins the race.

Peppa

you comment on "I hope I don't take up anything to replace overeating." Well I have and it is so niceeeeeeeeeee... if you know what I mean hahah

Today just had a small salad mid morning and have a piece of salmon with asparagus for dinner.

Hi all

kevvy

Celebrities have an unfair advantage, though. I find the success stories of ordinary mortals a lot more inspiring:

http://www.pinterest.com/atkinsinsider/atkins-success-stories/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/category/success-story-summaries/

http://www.lowcarb.ca/stories.html

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86

http://www.dietdoctor.com/category/weight-loss/weight-loss-stories

• Like 1