Going Great

kevvy

Hi Guys

Well the weekly weigh in is here. I am some disappointed as I have put on 1 kg. I dont see how this happened as I have not binged out . The only difference was that on one night , my wife and I went out to dinner in a good restaurant as we sold 5 houses this week in our village.I had a plate of veggies and a medium size bowl of rice, a small bottle of orange juice. Apart from that I didnt change anything else for the week.I know the body can trick you , so I did not give into it. I am still 100% committed to my life change . So I expect to lose that 1 kg soon . Thanks everyone

kevvy

There are also fluctuations in the weight, up to how much water you have stored in your body.....You can be easily 1 kg heavier or lighter without apparent reason.

veggies if fried can be suck full with fat......Can be a trap, eating the ugly veggies instead of something good and get more calories.

There are people who say, and I tend to believe it, that if you are continuously on a diet and than you eat one day full whatever, than the body doesn't has the set of enzymes for adding the fat ready and can't really use much of it.

If good restaurant I would have voted for a big steak instead without rice and veggies licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

Well the weekly weigh in is here. I am some disappointed as I have put on 1 kg. I dont see how this happened as I have not binged out . The only difference was that on one night , my wife and I went out to dinner in a good restaurant as we sold 5 houses this week in our village.I had a plate of veggies and a medium size bowl of rice, a small bottle of orange juice. Apart from that I didnt change anything else for the week.I know the body can trick you , so I did not give into it. I am still 100% committed to my life change . So I expect to lose that 1 kg soon . Thanks everyone

kevvy

There are also fluctuations in the weight, up to how much water you have stored in your body.....You can be easily 1 kg heavier or lighter without apparent reason.

veggies if fried can be suck full with fat......Can be a trap, eating the ugly veggies instead of something good and get more calories.

There are people who say, and I tend to believe it, that if you are continuously on a diet and than you eat one day full whatever, than the body doesn't has the set of enzymes for adding the fat ready and can't really use much of it.

If good restaurant I would have voted for a big steak instead without rice and veggies licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

H90...thanks

I only eat the aussie beef once a week now . The veggies I eat are all steamed , but I did have the rice which is the first time since I started this change in eating .I think I am not on a diet , have just changed the way I eat now .Before I could work hard and walk and this was good for me, and as I have said I really did not give a sh*t what I ate. I was in a wheelchair and not long to enjoy my life. I am not in the wheelchair now thanks to the great doctors in Aus. But , I need to get healthy no matter what the future is . And I feel so happy I have some people on here who understand and help ...Once again H90 thanks...

Hi Guys

kevvy

Hi kevvy

Don't despair, it's just a little stumbling block, you'll ditch that kilo quick. The most important thing is to keep on with your eating plan that was working so well for you.

I have binged in the past and found that weight gained from one meal or one eating session comes off surprisingly quickly once you start back on the sensible eating plan.

I find now that I'm counting kilojoules, if I have just a small amount more, even one apple or a cappuccino, it makes a difference to my daily weight loss, that's why it's so hard to maintain my weight when I reach my goal. Unfortunately, there's not much food between weight loss and weight maintenance.

One day through the week I had a huge vege stir fry, twice as much as I usually have and the next day I had gained 300 grams, just that easy to put it on.

I'm enjoying this thread.

Good luck this week everybody.

Just dont give up sometimes the body changes weight for numerous reasons.. carbs.. more salts ect ect.

Hi RB

Yes understand that , I will not give up as if I did then it means i quit. I cant do that now as I have something wonderful to look forward too in my life .I have to do it for my wife as she is my rock .And I have to do it for some reason for you guys as you are helping me so much . But I now know why alot of people do give up. It is bloody hard , sometimes at night when watching a movie I miss my pepsi and chips.. But I still have a glass of water beside . It is all in the way my brain is tormenting me , but that feeling goes after I say "NO" to myself.

Thanks for your support RB

Hi Guys

kevvy

Hi kevvy

Don't despair, it's just a little stumbling block, you'll ditch that kilo quick. The most important thing is to keep on with your eating plan that was working so well for you.

I have binged in the past and found that weight gained from one meal or one eating session comes off surprisingly quickly once you start back on the sensible eating plan.

I find now that I'm counting kilojoules, if I have just a small amount more, even one apple or a cappuccino, it makes a difference to my daily weight loss, that's why it's so hard to maintain my weight when I reach my goal. Unfortunately, there's not much food between weight loss and weight maintenance.

One day through the week I had a huge vege stir fry, twice as much as I usually have and the next day I had gained 300 grams, just that easy to put it on.

I'm enjoying this thread.

Good luck this week everybody.

Wow , I too have sometimes more veggies at dinner time , I put my veggies in a hot Le Creuset pan and then add a little water and put the lid back on .cooks the leafy veggies great , then a little oyster sauce and chilli. I am learning so much from this site . I didnt count calories before but now I think I will. Thanks Peppa.

Kevvy,

I am not against counting calories, i have done it myself but maybe first try some other things it could get boring.

One of my meals now is a salad, i go to the local fresh market get some salad.. then some onions and tomato make a big salad add red wine vinegar and some olive oil and a can of tuna. It fills me up good (lots of salad) and is easy to make. Who knows eat a meal of this a day and you start loosing again.

• Like 1

Hi Guys

kevvy

H90...thanks

I only eat the aussie beef once a week now . The veggies I eat are all steamed , but I did have the rice which is the first time since I started this change in eating .I think I am not on a diet , have just changed the way I eat now .Before I could work hard and walk and this was good for me, and as I have said I really did not give a sh*t what I ate. I was in a wheelchair and not long to enjoy my life. I am not in the wheelchair now thanks to the great doctors in Aus. But , I need to get healthy no matter what the future is . And I feel so happy I have some people on here who understand and help ...Once again H90 thanks...

How did the rice taste?

I think I didn't eat rice since 1st November and while I missed it on the beginning, now when I see white rice, I look at it and think what is this.....Really not worth eating.....not that I would need willpower to resist eating. I actually would need willpower to eat it.

My main problem is now my wife....who is complaining all the time that I don't eat enough and I look like:

a) starving Africans (well I am white......)

B) I look like narcotic user (OK, narcotic user are often slim but there are also other people who are slim)

c) I have yellow eyes which indicates that I am sick --> No I don't have yellow eyes.

d) My face looks ugly (yes my face isn't fat anymore)

And her solution is I must eat rice.....That gets annoying....

In her opinion fat = healthy, slim is sick crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Don't be afraid of eating good Aussi beef....nothing wrong with it.

Keep on fighting......What also helps are targets. You told before you almost couldn't walk and now you can do a 500 meter. Find some target you want to reach....Like reaching the next coffee shop without help. Drink there are a coffee and return.

Not so important that it makes sense, than that you can focus on it.

Robblok has the target to lift a certain weight, without gaining weight himself that gives him purpose.....

I had before the target to reach a certain weight and I followed it like a maniac.....Now I more or less only need to stabilize what I reached and it is far more difficult than reaching it because nothing to focus on....

Kevvy,

I am not against counting calories, i have done it myself but maybe first try some other things it could get boring.

One of my meals now is a salad, i go to the local fresh market get some salad.. then some onions and tomato make a big salad add red wine vinegar and some olive oil and a can of tuna. It fills me up good (lots of salad) and is easy to make. Who knows eat a meal of this a day and you start loosing again.

Can of tuna in water, not can of tuna in cheapo oil :-)

Salad without tuna but with cooked eggs is a different variety

Our local BigC Extra (former Carefour) has sometimes these special tomatoes: yellow one and dark brownish-greyish-greenish.....worth the travel.....

Kevvy,

Our local BigC Extra (former Carefour) has sometimes these special tomatoes: yellow one and dark brownish-greyish-greenish.....worth the travel.....

For some reason I don't like tuna in water much.. but its probably better as in cheapo oil. Sometimes i just take chicken with the salad or roast pork whatever.. but salad as base

• Like 1

Hi Guys

kevvy

H90...thanks

How did the rice taste?

I think I didn't eat rice since 1st November and while I missed it on the beginning, now when I see white rice, I look at it and think what is this.....Really not worth eating.....not that I would need willpower to resist eating. I actually would need willpower to eat it.

My main problem is now my wife....who is complaining all the time that I don't eat enough and I look like:

cool.png I look like narcotic user (OK, narcotic user are often slim but there are also other people who are slim)

c) I have yellow eyes which indicates that I am sick --> No I don't have yellow eyes.

In her opinion fat = healthy, slim is sick crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Keep on fighting......What also helps are targets. You told before you almost couldn't walk and now you can do a 500 meter. Find some target you want to reach....Like reaching the next coffee shop without help. Drink there are a coffee and return.

Robblok has the target to lift a certain weight, without gaining weight himself that gives him purpose.....

I had before the target to reach a certain weight and I followed it like a maniac.....Now I more or less only need to stabilize what I reached and it is far more difficult than reaching it because nothing to focus on....

actually the rice tasted like cardboard. I was never a big rice eater, except fice rice in the Chinese shop in Aus...The steak I get from Aus is great and I use to eat about 600grm size! now I only eat half that . And I am full!! I have had a bad week and my back and left hip (which are damage from the disease) has been very sore .I am trying to break through the 600 metre barrier. Don't know if I can but will keep trying.My goal is to lose 20 kg before July ...Once I reach that goal , I will set another goal by not kill myself over it . slowly slowly ...Yes my wife tells me I am not as handsome as my face is thinner ..

Thanks mate

Kevvy,

For some reason I don't like tuna in water much.. but its probably better as in cheapo oil. Sometimes i just take chicken with the salad or roast pork whatever.. but salad as base

I too dont like tuna in a can , but I get fresh from Makro , now that is tuna.. I do eat salads with boiled chicken sometimes for lunch. And I actually ate an apple last week the first one in 10 years ... true. I cant stand the thought of eating some fruit. childhood memory . Came from a broken home and very poor, my father use to go to the local rubbish tip and bring home the rottern fruit and cut the bad pieces out ...so alot of fruit is off the menue. Love eating lettuce and tomatoes .I try to eat that isn't manmade now. There is so much good food to be eating if you think like this. Doesn't mean I stick by it 100% but close to it.

Kevvy,

than put the water away and put some olive oil instead. Or fry it a bit in olive oil.....On the beginning I didn't like it much as well. But always thinking about the cheapest oil the industry can find made me used to the tuna in water.

Kevvy,

I too dont like tuna in a can , but I get fresh from Makro , now that is tuna.. I do eat salads with boiled chicken sometimes for lunch. And I actually ate an apple last week the first one in 10 years ... true. I cant stand the thought of eating some fruit. childhood memory . Came from a broken home and very poor, my father use to go to the local rubbish tip and bring home the rottern fruit and cut the bad pieces out ...so alot of fruit is off the menue. Love eating lettuce and tomatoes .I try to eat that isn't manmade now. There is so much good food to be eating if you think like this. Doesn't mean I stick by it 100% but close to it.

I read that the fresh tuna and the tuna in the can is a total different kind of tuna.

The fresh one has a lot fat. But exactly the good fat you want to have in your diet. While the tuna in can is very low in fat (well of course only the tuna in water), almost only protein.

(I read on the internet....don't trust me before you verify the information).

Instead of boiled chicken (how do you do that? Just put it in water like making soup?) I put the chicken breast parts in a teflon pan and "fry" it without fat. I like that when it gets brown on the surface.

I didn't like apples much, because I always had to eat them as child, but now without pressure and dieting I start liking them again.....But just the smaller ones imported from Europe.

The big Chinese one are crap.

• Like 1

H90...thanks

How did the rice taste?

cool.png I look like narcotic user (OK, narcotic user are often slim but there are also other people who are slim)

actually the rice tasted like cardboard. I was never a big rice eater, except fice rice in the Chinese shop in Aus...The steak I get from Aus is great and I use to eat about 600grm size! now I only eat half that . And I am full!! I have had a bad week and my back and left hip (which are damage from the disease) has been very sore .I am trying to break through the 600 metre barrier. Don't know if I can but will keep trying.My goal is to lose 20 kg before July ...Once I reach that goal , I will set another goal by not kill myself over it . slowly slowly ...Yes my wife tells me I am not as handsome as my face is thinner ..

Thanks mate

Cardboard it is.....yes tasteless something.....I liked it before....so it is not only me.

yes you are full with smaller sizes.....don't knwow why.

Where do you get the Aussi steak? Macro?

What is wrong with the wifes...likeing fat faces??? Also many in Thailand think fat kids are cute.....feeding them fat and later they keep fat....

• Like 1

I have the little cans (95g) of tuna or salmon, they come in different flavours, like tomato and onion or lime and chilli, about 450 kj per serve, but a man could easily have two cans with a salad and still not break diet plan.

With my stir fry veges I just put a very light spray of olive oil in the teflon coated pan, then pile in onion, zucchini, mushrooms, carrot, cauliflower or broccoli, you could also add capsicum, but I don't like cooked capsicum, or any veges you have in the freezer. Then I add some pre prepared chicken or beef that has been cooked in the non stick pan with some spices and a little Asian sauce or just microwave some fish with lemon or soy sauce.

I used to have noodles with my stir fry before I started counting calories, but I've had to cut them out, way too heavy to fit into my eating plan. It's sad because I love noodles and fried rice.

I only have one piece of fruit a day now, usually a boring apple, because stone fruits were my downfall, just love nectarines and I would eat a kilo in one sitting.

However, a boiled egg would be a very nice change to have with the salad and maybe some cheese once in a while.

It must be hard for you guys, here in OZ we don't see food being sold en masse, whereas food is everywhere in Thailand, just everywhere. You can never escape the tantalising smell, the temptation of trying those delicious meals. I don't know how I will get my mind around that when I come over.

Boiled chicken.

Chicken breasts, skinless/boneless.

Cover with water.

Bring to boil.

Turn off heat.

Cover pot.

Let sit about 25 minutes.

This meat (sliced) can be used on all kinds of recipes, salads, etc. Cold or hot.

I used 1/2 a breast for a serving. This is my main source of meat at home.

Prepare one or many. Can store in fridge 3 days or so.

The water can be used as stock for soups.

This is basically the CHINESE method of making boiled chicken.

I highly recommend trying it. The chicken done this way turns out quite nicely and as you can see, low fat.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

How did the rice taste?

Thanks mate

Cardboard it is.....yes tasteless something.....I liked it before....so it is not only me.

What is wrong with the wifes...likeing fat faces??? Also many in Thailand think fat kids are cute.....feeding them fat and later they keep fat....

I like my face a lot more now that it is not fat... but of course.. opinions about faces and such differ.

H90

It is so boring (rice) I know i chew my food alot slower now , maybe that is the reason I fill up so quick now. as regards to the boiled chicken , well is is not like I boil it (sorry) I do it this way and the chicken comes out super moist .also with the salmon and all fish . you can do it with steak as well. just sear it first.

Sous-vide (/sˈvd/; French for "under vacuum")[1] is a method of cooking food sealed in airtight plastic bags in a water bath for longer than normal cooking times

You should try it , you can use zip lock bags to get the same effect. And have your water about hot not boiling. If you cannot submerge your bag into the water just turn it over. You can taste the difference.

About being face , I asked her and she said if you were skinny I would still love you , oh she is so sweet.

kevvy

How did the rice taste?

Thanks mate

I like my face a lot more now that it is not fat... but of course.. opinions about faces and such differ.

Show us a pic RB biggrin.png

I have the little cans (95g) of tuna or salmon, they come in different flavours, like tomato and onion or lime and chilli, about 450 kj per serve, but a man could easily have two cans with a salad and still not break diet plan.

With my stir fry veges I just put a very light spray of olive oil in the teflon coated pan, then pile in onion, zucchini, mushrooms, carrot, cauliflower or broccoli, you could also add capsicum, but I don't like cooked capsicum, or any veges you have in the freezer. Then I add some pre prepared chicken or beef that has been cooked in the non stick pan with some spices and a little Asian sauce or just microwave some fish with lemon or soy sauce.

I used to have noodles with my stir fry before I started counting calories, but I've had to cut them out, way too heavy to fit into my eating plan. It's sad because I love noodles and fried rice.

I only have one piece of fruit a day now, usually a boring apple, because stone fruits were my downfall, just love nectarines and I would eat a kilo in one sitting.

However, a boiled egg would be a very nice change to have with the salad and maybe some cheese once in a while.

It must be hard for you guys, here in OZ we don't see food being sold en masse, whereas food is everywhere in Thailand, just everywhere. You can never escape the tantalising smell, the temptation of trying those delicious meals. I don't know how I will get my mind around that when I come over.

Another dam aussie . I bet you are from Sydney as well. nectarines are just grouse and all stone fruits , but so expensive here...oh I am a melbourne man .so draw dueling pistols mate and take 10 steps back ... the fight is on .. have a great day mate ...

kevvy

H90

I use to get my steak from Macro , and it was ok .Now there is a Japanese supermarket not far from our house which sells the best quality Wgyu beef.It comes in 250 gr individual packs.The meat just melts in your mouth . I have that once a week. I rang the suppliers up and can get it for 1000 baht a kg .The supermarket sells it for 1500 baht a kilo. It is one of the best steaks I have eaten.

wow great news again..I was feeling down for a while as the weight went up 1 kg. And when I weight myself after 2 days the weight went up a little bit. I was feeling so down , but i kept going with my eating plan . Just weighed myself today and I had lost that weight plus another 1 kg!! So now in total i have lost just under 12 .4 kgs... I feel so wrapped in doing this and really it has not been hard .The hardest thing is fighting with my mind .I know now I can say NO. I think that is the hardest thing to do .Learn to say no.!!! So guys once again thanks for all your support and I know you guys do help me , as it is like going to report to the headmaster about my progress in a good way .

thanks all

kevvy

Edited by kevvy

wow great news again..I was feeling down for a while as the weight went up 1 kg. And when I weight myself after 2 days the weight went up a little bit. I was feeling so down , but i kept going with my eating plan . Just weighed myself today and I had lost that weight plus another 1 kg!! So now in total i have lost just under 12 .4 kgs... I feel so wrapped in doing this and really it has not been hard .The hardest thing is fighting with my mind .I know now I can say NO. I think that is the hardest thing to do .Learn to say no.!!! So guys once again thanks for all your support and I know you guys do help me , as it is like going to report to the headmaster about my progress in a good way .

thanks all

kevvy

I had similar things, I can only guess it is fluids in the body. Some people say that weighting yourself too many times makes you crazy. Might be right...some may see one kg too much, than try to don't eat anything, later they see as you see even one more kg and don't eat anything......than they get so hungry that they do binge eating. But in fact they were well on the plan all the time.

The other thing is....like I went to buy something....didn't find it it and searched, walked Bangkok all the say without food and drink. Of course when I came back in the evening I was 2 kg lighter and of course on the next day it was back....

I can also understand how some people get complete obsessed with this topic....like these girls that starve themself to dead....

Best is just to put the weights in excel and keep relaxed.....

• Like 1

thanks all

kevvy

Hey kevvy, good news and good on you for persevering small_gold_star.png

I find the hardest part is saying NO when a friend tries to shove food into you. I have this wonderful elderly German friend who loves to cook strudels and stuff, she gets offended when I refuse to eat it. I have had to persevere with her for a long time, but finally she is coming to understand that I really mean NO. Other people....that's my hardest part, but I'm getting more forceful than them because this means so much to me.

I lost 0.9 last week, but this week it's not coming off for some reason although I am eating almost identical food. Hopefully it will just happen suddenly. I know that I weigh myself far too much and I know it's not good to be that compulsive....crazy??? for sure!

Keep up the good work, you'll reach your goal in no time.

I'm making myself a six week challenge. When someone offers me food that is not in my eating plan, say "NO" and mean it.

thanks all

kevvy

I find the hardest part is saying NO when a friend tries to shove food into you. I have this wonderful elderly German friend who loves to cook strudels and stuff, she gets offended when I refuse to eat it. I have had to persevere with her for a long time, but finally she is coming to understand that I really mean NO. Other people....that's my hardest part, but I'm getting more forceful than them because this means so much to me.

I lost 0.9 last week, but this week it's not coming off for some reason although I am eating almost identical food. Hopefully it will just happen suddenly. I know that I weigh myself far too much and I know it's not good to be that compulsive....crazy??? for sure!

I'm making myself a six week challenge. When someone offers me food that is not in my eating plan, say "NO" and mean it.

yes it is very insulting to not even try a small piece......

For me it is my wife who want to fatten me up to pork shape......

• Like 1

thanks all

kevvy

Hi Peppa

you are still losing weight , good on you mate ... Slow and sure is the best way . My wife temps me everyday with something . This morning she wanted to buy a road side chicken and I said , Honey I know you love me and that is so nice of you .But..I want to be with you a long time so is this chicken worth it ... She smile and knew what I meant . She too is getting the big picture , she just feels sorry for me as I am not eating like I was before . Bless you beautiful heart.

Last night I had a great pice of sirloin wagyu beef , it weighed about 250 grm and it was so tender and flavorsome to eat , cooked with stuffed zucchini (onion and mushrooms with a little bit of anchovies) with a side serve of garlic asparagus. I was a happy man , and so was my wife who loves my cooking .

Peppa , the same thing happened to me too , put on weight and then stayed on for 2 days and then lost it and more ... so strange this body of ours .It is like it has a mind of its own. (Lets trick kevvy today and put weigh on then he will get upset and give us our usual food back again) ...

Thanks Peppa

kevvy

thanks all

kevvy

yes it is very insulting to not even try a small piece......

For me it is my wife who want to fatten me up to pork shape......

I think the wives are the hardest thing to say NO to....