My girlfriend just left me!

quiuvo

I don't want her to work. I reminisce about my housewife back in the day in USA . I paid for everything and she took care of the child and the rest. You know housewife? The early 70's changed all that mainly because of economic necessity . So now I give my partner here some money sort of like social security or 401K. You know those terms ?

The failure here was she thought she could renegotiate.

You should have just moved a new one in straight away.

Getting attached to one in particular serves no useful purpose.

Also you should avoid her meeting girls with a better deal.

If all her friends are on a lower deal, it makes them potential future partners.

My misses best friend is 23 and her husband (Thai) gives her 3k a month to live on and feed her baby.

She is already looking to trade up.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The OP needs to treat this as a wake-up call and stop being the dumb buffalo throwing pearls before the swine.

Tough love is needed, and if a TG in 2014 is asking YOU for money when they already have a job or are unwilling to get a job then it's time to throw her bags out the door.

This isn't the earlier times where they earned nit nawy baht each month.

Most farang are starting to wake up nowadays to their games though.

I don't want her to work. I reminisce about my housewife back in the day in USA . I paid for everything and she took care of the child and the rest. You know housewife? The early 70's changed all that mainly because of economic necessity . So now I give my partner here some money sort of like social security or 401K. You know those terms ?

Not a bad idea.. i mean if you are not working i can understand that you want someone to be with you. But with offering money like you did you don't get a gf (maybe if lucky) They will be after your money and you did not pay enough. So either pay more or accept that they can rebel again.

• Like 1

lets have a contest then i post a good face pic and you do the same. Let people judge are you up for that. You got a big mouth that is for sure. At your age.. you must be looking like S...t and i got 20 years on you and living healthier. Come lets go for that and let some ladies decide.

Here you go ......

attachicon.gifMe.jpg

Ok, so I need a haircut.

Not sure why you think you are living healthier, I'm training at least 4x a week for 3 hours each time, no alcohol.

Its nice meeting you Mark Sissons

Did not know you were a professional athlete.

http://jdmoyer.com/2010/03/17/a-meta-analysis-of-kooky-diets-part-iii/

But a great image you choose to brag over.. too bad for you its not you.

Wow, that is low. Very bad to impersonate someone here at TV. It should be reason enough to suspend your privileges for one day.

lets have a contest then i post a good face pic and you do the same. Let people judge are you up for that. You got a big mouth that is for sure. At your age.. you must be looking like S...t and i got 20 years on you and living healthier. Come lets go for that and let some ladies decide.

Here you go ......

attachicon.gifMe.jpg

Ok, so I need a haircut.

Not sure why you think you are living healthier, I'm training at least 4x a week for 3 hours each time, no alcohol.

Its nice meeting you Mark Sissons

Did not know you were a professional athlete.

http://jdmoyer.com/2010/03/17/a-meta-analysis-of-kooky-diets-part-iii/

But a great image you choose to brag over.. too bad for you its not you.

Wow, that is low. Very bad to impersonate someone here at TV. It should be reason enough to suspend your privileges for one day.

Its to be expected, when i saw the image earlier i was not home.. but there are reverse picture searches. If he was in that shape id envie him a lot. The guy in the pic is 56 years old and looks great, great genes great exercise program and diet. He just has it all. Anyway between me and fiftytwo/ Tommo we got in a pissing contest while we mainly think the same.

I just don't think everyone pays for it and that all girls are for sale. Though I must admit for a high enough price I am for sale.

• Like 1

If you are putting a gf on a financial basis as you appear to do, then its a transaction.

Like all business transaction, as you're the customer, then make sure you get the service & goods you want.

OR....find a gf that you don't have to pay...maybe even love & respect her.

However, no doubt one of our erudite posters will dismiss love & respect as somehow being 'old fashioned'.

13,000 is a bargain like some one here said before. It's a small percentage of my revenue. No problem there.

You guys with muscles and looks may find some jewels, especially if your jewels are a good size too! Rob block and 52 are good candidates for freebies.

I just don't think everyone pays for it and that all girls are for sale. Though I must admit for a high enough price I am for sale.

Yeah, of course that's true. But some people either need to hold onto the belief that 'everyone pays for it' (although many will be oddly offended if you suggest their mother would have accepted payment in some form...) in one way or another. Everybody doesn't, of course, and I can think of plenty of relationships I've been and ones (long term, marriages) that my friends are in (both female and male) where that's the case.

But some people have just had shitty luck or chosen the wrong people to be with, or are even socially inept- so it becomes the mantra 'everybody pays for it', even though that's not true, and anyone who disagrees is deluded or naive. Because it's way easier to do that than to accept the actual truth- 'not everybody pays for it, but for some reason I am'.

Then again I've seen people here equate the cost of paying for dinner on a date with the cost of hiring a prostitute to have sex with you- as if they are interchangeable activities of social interaction- so there are some pretty weird viewpoints out there anyway.

• Like 1

Yeah, of course that's true. But some people either need to hold onto the belief that 'everyone pays for it' (although many will be oddly offended if you suggest their mother would have accepted payment in some form...) in one way or another. Everybody doesn't, of course, and I can think of plenty of relationships I've been and ones (long term, marriages) that my friends are in (both female and male) where that's the case.

But some people have just had shitty luck or chosen the wrong people to be with, or are even socially inept- so it becomes the mantra 'everybody pays for it', even though that's not true, and anyone who disagrees is deluded or naive. Because it's way easier to do that than to accept the actual truth- 'not everybody pays for it, but for some reason I am'.

Then again I've seen people here equate the cost of paying for dinner on a date with the cost of hiring a prostitute to have sex with you- as if they are interchangeable activities of social interaction- so there are some pretty weird viewpoints out there anyway.

As you brought our mothers into it.

Would like to point out laws were different then, divorce was much harder, and a woman was not rewarded for divorce.

The guys may or may not have been harder to live with, but generally they didn't run out on their families.

She didn't make money from leaving.

Today, in the west, a woman can walk out easily at any time, taking the lions share of his assets with her.

She makes money from leaving, usually a lot of money.

Would like to point out laws were different then, divorce was much harder, and a woman was not rewarded for divorce.

The guys may or may not have been harder to live with, but generally they didn't run out on their families.

Today, in the west, a woman can walk out easily at any time, taking the lions share of his assets with her.

I have often thought about this and I am not sure where i stand on this. Because if a woman gives up her education and career to take care of the guy and such I do feel she is entitled. However I was married and divorced (owned a house but made a prenuptual) So in the end it did not cost me much. It would have if i had not made the prenup. But to always see it from the guys angle is wrong too.

They are giving up something too, but i hate it when they get alimony and are not going to work. Or secretly live with a guy (both things my ex did and I could not prove it) But as I said I did not pay that much as it was a short marriage.

But still i find that my mom is entitled to part of my dads money if he dumps her or if they break. Not look at it from your point look at it how you would want your mom to be treated in case of a divorce. Would you have found it fair if she was kicked out after 40 years with nothing ?

2 sides to the story and I am not sure where i stand.

Yes, divorce has swung too much in favour of the woman...I'm sure quite a few of us have been 'scalped financially'. I was willing to give my ex 50% of everything but as usual some sharp lawyer got involved & she got about 80%. But that's another thread....

However, the world would be a dull place without women....& ofc very many have made great contributions to life...except Margaret Thatcher!!

• Like 1

But still i find that my mom is entitled to part of my dads money if he dumps her or if they break. Not look at it from your point look at it how you would want your mom to be treated in case of a divorce. Would you have found it fair if she was kicked out after 40 years with nothing ?

You aren't comparing like with like.

You should be comparing my mum (born 1914) with your grandmother.

I would be very surprised if either of them would have a chance at any education, women didn't do education until the 60s.

As for any person who gives up their education for blah, blah, more fool them, they deserve all they lose.

PS

My Thai wife, about to finish high school, then start a teaching degree.

She isn't losing out on anything by being married to me.

I am sure your bull_shit_detector is on full time, and you also have a built in farange_nonsense indicator as well,

I have a thai g/f, who was raised in the north, and she lives far away from the city, but in bkk,

not long after we met I asked her to become my girlfriend,

considering there is a gargantuan language barrier, and a cultural gap, unimaginable,

we have made it 4 months, and I moved in with her last month,

all this talk of guys on the side, makes no sense to me, as it HAS to be with the other man's permission, unless he is so doped up, or a heavy alcoholic that his senses are so dulled, he doesnt know if he has a woman or a ladyboy.....no offense to the ladyboys,

the reason I address this to you, is, as a thai girl, interacting with mostly farange men on this thread, and in real life too apparently,

my hat is off to you for not thinking all farange are representative of the majority of the one's I meet here,

most of which have no respect for any thai, whether it be male or female.

this is a difficult country to live in,

and, I want to open a bar, but, do not want to feed every other police officers kids,

which is apparently, the only way to keep any business open in this country

Hey, wake up. You get it for free because they are fishing. If no hooking then they will leave you. You ain't no knight in rusted armour. I knew a sixty yr old whom the girl, girl waited two years and finally the family kicked him out after no money, house, gold, truck. You ain't getting it for free. Also they Thai men are left for other men after they don't pay their share of the expenses and start spending the ladies money!! 555. Then they hook up with a lady because they have more in common. SF USA.

get and want are two separate meanings. Generally age isn't an important factor, but when I'm approached by an old man pub/bar who thinks I'm local Thai and tries to BUY me flashing his money, it's kind of offensive. JUST because I can GET doesn't mean I want BELIEVE me. I'm not for sale period. smile.png

• Like 1

You aren't comparing like with like.

You should be comparing my mum (born 1914) with your grandmother.

I would be very surprised if either of them would have a chance at any education, women didn't do education until the 60s.

As for any person who gives up their education for blah, blah, more fool them, they deserve all they lose.

PS

My Thai wife, about to finish high school, then start a teaching degree.

She isn't losing out on anything by being married to me.

Thought you married 2 sisters.. and what you are doing is commendable giving her an education. Many guys would be scared as this gives woman other opportunities.

True my mom was from 1947 anyway even then times were different. But as i said before I still don't know where i stand on this issue.

Of course I believe her,

Why? that's easy, I know what guys will do or say to get a chick in bed.....and the truth is generally, not included......

particularly, if it is in a bar, or anywhere alcohol is being served.....

the common answer, according to her was, "no, I really love, you, I want to take care of you, I love your heart, I love your smile."

well, I love all of that too, but if she wasn't 5"7" 98 lbs and gorgeous, we wouldnt have been having that conversation, as, I wouldn't be attracted to her, no matter how much alcohol is involved, at 53, it doesnt matter,

I want gorgeous, I want youth, and above all, I give the truth, and thus, I get the truth........

I left her once, (ok twice) over what turned out to be cultural misunderstandings, most of which I think are just excuses, or their mothers voices in their heads, and when I said to her, "you were the one who left" she answered with, "you let me walk"

that's right,

I let her walk.........

the guy who started this thread, is wearing the panties........and he is going to be robbed eventually, if not sooner........

I will pay my way, and it is much more than $15,000 Bhat a month, because I was paying $60,000 baht a month to live in a condo alone,

whats a few thousand more a month for a live, young, sex loving female?

I paid much more than that to my wife, just in shoes, clothing (which she never was happy with) and hairdressers every month....also, complained they all ruined her hair, ALL, of them, not her cigarette habit and lack of water intake)

I would gladly pay this thai girl double, and she can call me whatever she wants, boyfriend, lover, roomate, frankly, I dont really care, because, I don't speak thai......

that said, she has been turning away her friends ever since I moved in, because, she doesn't know how to tell her entirely thai crowd, that she has a farange boyfriend, let along a farange live in lover..... and she is now a mistress..........

But if they don't love sex, then, what's the freakin point?

Isnt this, (at our age) and experience, more of a return on the risk reward ratio?

My g/f tried pigeon holing me on text messaging while out with her girlfriends one night,

I said I loved her, and I hoped to see her that night, rather than she going home after drinking, rather than drive,

It was also convenient that they were only a few miles away,

She texted me back, do you love me, or do you just love my body?

To which I took a thniking moment, realized this was the do or die answer, and stated flatly,

what do you mean, " of course I love your body; why can't it be both?

a few hours later, a very drunk woman came to my door, I let her in, she told me she loved me, and now I live with her, in her house,

she also told me, that at 32, she has asked that question of many men, ( I didnt ask how many) and NOT ONE of them, ever answered with anything other than, "no, I love your heart, I love you" and that I was the ONLY man to ever tell her the absolute truth, that yes, I loved her body, a lot.

I now get to enjoy that body, because I was straight up with her, that for me, one goes with the other....

shallow you may say?

I would agree, with you, and my ex wife, and the one who came before her, when they both called me that...........

sorry, some of us get the hot chicks everyone else wants, because, frankly, we don't give a fuc_k and aren't afraid to speak our minds,

Imgaine a hot chick saying that not one man ever told her, he was primarily interested in her, for her looks......

I am dealing with that comes with that, daily, and, it is an interesting learning experience, and, you can teach an old dog new tricks,

the catch is, it has to be with a younger girl......they just think it's new

"she also told me, that at 32, she has asked that question of many men, ( I didnt ask how many) and NOT ONE of them, ever answered with anything other than, "no, I love your heart, I love you" and that I was the ONLY man to ever tell her the absolute truth, that yes, I loved her body, a lot."

And you believe that?

Edited by Scarpolo

This aversion to admit to paying..............i just dont get.

Guys to the girl its just business. They dont think of us as boyfriends so please stop thinking of them as girlfriends.

I have to believe real bf gf relations here is few and far btween.

Maybe if you had a personality, a woman could have a real relationship with you.

What if most of us dont want to be seen as a human atm. It cant be a great feeling.

What i as a middle age guy do i have to offer a hot young thai girl other than money? I got nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the thai guys their age do the romancing.

it sounds to me as though you need some lessons in love, try lesbain porn, and you will learn a few new things, other than, you have nothing to give......try giving her a few mind blowing orgasms and see how fast she is to leave you after that

Here you go ......

attachicon.gifMe.jpg

if that is you you look great but i doubt it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There's an easy way of finding out...

FiftyTwo, please take the picture again of you standing by that door but holding a piece of paper with your Thai Visa username on it! :)

Trust me there's no way on the planet a fake picture would have that information on it. ;)

LOL.

Something like this might work.

post-11862-0-66121900-1391167140_thumb.j

Buck up and be a man, son.

Or

First, grow some balls. Second, go get a bar girl and have her stomp, with vigor, on your balls with her spike heel shoes. Then have her slap you furiously for at least ten minutes. Then go lay your head down on some lonesome railroad track.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I hear so many stories that start like this: "I've been with my wife/girlfriend for X years, she's great/wonderful/perfect, I give her 10-20k/month --"

I always want to stop right there and say, "what?" I don't get this, why do guys do this? Is this normal? I never had a girlfriend who I just gave money for whatever she wanted to spend it on. Am I alone in this?

I don't just give my wife money. Whenever she wants something or needs money, she justs asks me, and we talk about it and I usually just give her what she needs. Whenever I want to spend money, I always consult her. Yes, the final decision is usually mine, but the vast majority of the money comes from my side, so I think that's only fair. If its her own money, then she can always overrule me instead. Am I the strange case for handling our financial decisions like this?

Seriously, do most of you guys just give your wive's discretionary allowances (either farang or Thai), no questions asked?

at the end of the day you still give her the money, so if you make yourself feel better by questioning her why she wants it then that's up to you, she still gets it though, just sayin.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It looks like a troll, but if it's not, well I just don't understand why you need to "pay" your girfriend ? And How can you say that you have a girfriend if you need to "hire her services" every month.

If you don't like to be alone then try to go out more, meet people, join some group. Having a girl that you have to give money every month for no reason makes no sense...

It looks like a troll, but if it's not, well I just don't understand why you need to "pay" your girfriend ? And How can you say that you have a girfriend if you need to "hire her services" every month.

If you don't like to be alone then try to go out more, meet people, join some group. Having a girl that you have to give money every month for no reason makes no sense...

To me you look the troll. Do you not realize that 95+% of the farang/Thai girlfriend/wife relationships are of the rental variety?

Sure there are exceptions, and if you believe posters here 95% of them don't.

Maybe you are young and hansum, but remember the average age of male visitors here is well into the 60', and rarely do their taste run towards "girls" over 30, usually because that's what they have to settle for, the real young hotties are just beyond their budget because they go looking in all the wrong places, don't speak Thai well enough.

But even if you get your teerak straight off the rice farm and get a good deal, doesn't mean you most of us don't have to pay.

If you're exceptional good for you but don't impose your view and judgment on others. . .

• Like 2

To me you look the troll. Do you not realize that 95+% of the farang/Thai girlfriend/wife relationships are of the rental variety?

Maybe you are young and hansum, but remember the average age of male visitors here is well into the 60', and rarely do their taste run towards "girls" over 30, usually because that's what they have to settle for, the real young hotties are just beyond their budget because they go looking in all the wrong places, don't speak Thai well enough.

But even if you get your teerak straight off the rice farm and get a good deal, doesn't mean you most of us don't have to pay.

If you're exceptional good for you but don't impose your view and judgment on others. . .

Well, you're right for some parts (except the 95% farang/Thai girlfriend/wife relationships are of the rental variety).

Yes I'm young, not too young but didn't go through 30 yet but of course if you compare to the 60+ I'm just a kid. I don't know what does it feel to be that old but in my opinion, the older you get the more experience you have (but we can discuss about it 20 years from now, maybe I will think diferently).

However, something that I am sure, is that you can't consider yourself having a girlfriend / wife if you have to give her a base salary every month ! This is not right ! Regardless hos old I can be, I won't be happy with someone if I feel that I have to give her a monthly basis salary.

I have some good friend who are much older than me (50-60), they all have great wifes and girfriends, but they are not looking for a girl in their mid 20-30.

I'm just trying to be realistic, we have to know that a girl (wherever she's from) won't come with you because you are the "hansum man" when you're 60+ (unless you look like Sean Connery). I also know that in Thailand some girls would not really care to establish a relationship with a much older guy if this guy is really nice and take care of herself and provides her a good future.

In the OP, the "i give her 15.000 baht / month" makes me incomfortable. You can take good care of a girl (and I'm sure much more than 15K/ month) without having to pay her every month.

It's just my opinion, that's true I'm still young, not the most hansum man, I may be wrong and I have few Changs in my stomach as well !

Well, you're right for some parts (except the 95% farang/Thai girlfriend/wife relationships are of the rental variety).

Yes I'm young, not too young but didn't go through 30 yet but of course if you compare to the 60+ I'm just a kid. I don't know what does it feel to be that old but in my opinion, the older you get the more experience you have (but we can discuss about it 20 years from now, maybe I will think diferently).

However, something that I am sure, is that you can't consider yourself having a girlfriend / wife if you have to give her a base salary every month ! This is not right ! Regardless hos old I can be, I won't be happy with someone if I feel that I have to give her a monthly basis salary.

I have some good friend who are much older than me (50-60), they all have great wifes and girfriends, but they are not looking for a girl in their mid 20-30.

I'm just trying to be realistic, we have to know that a girl (wherever she's from) won't come with you because you are the "hansum man" when you're 60+ (unless you look like Sean Connery). I also know that in Thailand some girls would not really care to establish a relationship with a much older guy if this guy is really nice and take care of herself and provides her a good future.

In the OP, the "i give her 15.000 baht / month" makes me incomfortable. You can take good care of a girl (and I'm sure much more than 15K/ month) without having to pay her every month.

It's just my opinion, that's true I'm still young, not the most hansum man, I may be wrong and I have few Changs in my stomach as well !

I think you missed the drift of the 15k baht a month dude,

who apparently, is finished with the thread, as,

he has already been humiliated by his own hand,

and he has allowed a girl who made a key to his place that he didn't know about, to sleaze her way back in, and, got a raise to boot!.

the poster in his late 20's, cant understand why guys in their 50's and 60's want girls in their 30's?

I agree with him, late 20's generally are ok w guys up to the mid 40's, (exceptions everywhere),

I know when I was 42 and divorced, the onslaught of girls in the 23-26 range, was inspiring, but not a precedent setter, it it was they want,

girls in their 30's have little choice but to look to the 50's, as they have a much smaller market due to the competition.....

this is the way of the world, and I like it just fine,

paying our way, or seeing it as a lease (rent) w/e, is just the way the world becomes at 50+.

the 20 year old, cannot fathom that, as we are at least his parents age, and older,

but, he will understand all we say here, and if smart, he will get a vaesctomy!

Well, you're right for some parts (except the "95% farang/Thai girlfriend/wife relationships are of the rental variety")

OK maybe only 90% these days. The fact is the volume of marriages going through Pattaya is probably 10x anywhere else, and there it's most likely 99.9%.

Next would be Bangkok, maybe down to 80%. Samui Phuket tourist resort areas back up above 90%.

-------------

In the OP, the "i give her 15.000 baht / month" makes me incomfortable. You can take good care of a girl (and I'm sure much more than 15K/ month) without having to pay her every month.!

Nobody's talking about what makes you happy or uncomfortable personally, obviously in that regard you should do what you like. My point is to butt out on judging others that think differently from you. If you marry a girl who is/used to be a sex worker, stay together long term, maybe marry and have kids with her, you think we should still be referring to her as "my whore" or even "rented partner" or something?

No, here we call them our girlfriend or wife, and don't need you to try to be grammar police about those labels.

In many cases it's just as "real" a relationship and certainly often more "healthy" that what I've seen back home.

When the man is the sole provider, it's his choice how he wants to divide up his income and assets with his partner. For someone making B35,000 THB per month, obviously B15K is more than he should be giving her, unless she's doing all the shopping out of that. As you point out a wealthier farang may well spend a lot more if he wants to, money for shopping, expensive presents whatever.

Usually the girl would much prefer to just have the cash and spend it how she likes, send money home to her parents etc, up to her.

And none of those financial arrangements withing their household is anyone's business is it?

• Like 1

Two points you made there Wym,

1) I think the rentals are way above 95%, lot of delusion among the younger foreigners, as we have seen some admit to a loss of 20M.

2) Many of the girls have no idea on money management, we have to control and direct their spending, giving them a free hand may lead to disaster.

I don't "control and direct" their spending at all. I allocate a certain budget and let them decide what they want to do with it.

When they have to choose between buying the new iPood, saving for their dream house or sending money home to mamma, that's the beginning of their learning money management.

Besides the explicit allowance I also allocate a secret amount each month toward contingencies, their own illness or family members whatever. If time passes and they don't use that up, then they get it as randomly timed gifts or bonuses.

If they try to get any more than all that out of me it's a very hard uphill battle, and hopeless unless they've been skilled and enthusiastic performers in the areas important to me. Even then I won't pay far in advance, and any loans have to be paid back no question even if after we've split up.

Business is business.

• Like 1