Singha stops with the 63cl bottle?

Jack Mountain

If they only would manage to send freshly brewed Singha to HDY, I wouldn't mind the new price.The "freshest" Singha we can buy here beer is from December 26. It has been sitting in the warmth for about a month and has turned to piss. Leo is available with an age of two to six days, that is ok. But I'd rather have a fresh Singha.

Not exactly on topic, I know, but does anyone know why most Asian countries use a 630cc bottle as standard? I would have assumed that old British colonies would use some version of the British pint, and French or Dutch ex-colonies something more akin to the litre (e.g the new 500cc Singha bottle.)

I think that Singha are just following the world-wide move to standardise sizes. Even in UK now most bottled beer has moved from 1 pint to 500cc. and canned beers are nearly always either 1/3rd of a litre or 1/2 of a litre.

uk and ireland and scotland use 330ml bottles and 500ml cans last time i checked but its been awhile

Maybe for export reasons. In Germany you never got the 630ml bottles. Must be the EU post-4641-1156693976.gif

The 500 ml bottle can be exportet into the "post-4641-1156693976.gif ".

Just aguess.....

Edited by khrab

This is an issue? Really?

Maybe I'm missing something - what possible difference would the size of the bottle make? Just buy a couple more of them.

Or does your diabetes require precisely calibrating your ounces per hour or something?

Because it's the same price but for less contents, silly.

This is an issue? Really?

Maybe I'm missing something - what possible difference would the size of the bottle make? Just buy a couple more of them.

Or does your diabetes require precisely calibrating your ounces per hour or something?

Because it's the same price but for less contents, silly.

And is that really an issue for you?

If it is, how about drinking less beer?

it tastes like horse piss at any price -i would only drink it in the event there was nothing else

on the menu

Hi Speedtripler

What made you drink Horse Piss before, have never tried Horse Piss but I cannot imagine Singa Beer tasting like it.

it tastes like horse piss at any price -i would only drink it in the event there was nothing else

on the menu

Hi Speedtripler

What made you drink Horse Piss before, have never tried Horse Piss but I cannot imagine Singa Beer tasting like it.

sorry if i called it horse piss ,it seems ive offended some of you unintentionaly

heres a nice challenge for you taste buds ,if you have any

get drunk on something quality like :

leffe ,hoegardenn ,erdinger etc (you can buy them in villa )

and then get drunk on horse piss quality thai beers and see which one you prefer and guage how you feel

the next day

the only people i can imagine choosing the thai brews are people who cant afford the european stuff or just have no

<deleted> taste buds/brain cells whistling.gif

but up to u as they say in thailand,if you prefer to suffer to save a bit of money you can enjoy the thai beers ,i still drink them even

tonight because the venue we arrived at had a choice of leo chang singha or heinkenen all the same price so when in rome .....thumbsup.gif

Edited by speedtripler

• 1 year later...

Now Singha beer if converted to volume of 630ml costs about 71 Baht in retail like 7/11, which is more expensive than Tiger, Carlsberg and even Heineken (if it is sold at 69 Baht). Singha used to be cheaper than these beers in the past, but now it is more expensive. I think it is overpriced.

on the menu

Care to let us know what horse piss is like ? haven't been down that road yet.

In general with retail stuff here in the past year or two, the general trend has been to reduce portion/quantity sizes while keeping the prices the same.

In other words, they're doing price increases to the customer, without making them apparent. Soda cans smaller, shampoo bottles smaller, laundry soap packages smaller, and on and on.

My wife used to buy Ensure nutritional drink for her parents in the 1 Kg tin. Now, those have been cut to 850 g.

I don't know if that's the reason in Singha's case. But it's certainly the reason for a broad array of other domestic products sold here in Thailand.

• 6 months later...

Singha finally came to senses reintroducing large bottles in the market and reducing the price. Now a large 630 ml singha costs 60 baht at 7/11. The half litre ones are cheaper by 2-3 baht. The people who were behind making the bottles smaller should be sacked as it really affected their sales. Now with the new large singha that is reasonably priced, singha will be back in the game.