Bars closed.

BossBar

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 o'clock tonight (Sat) to midnight tomorrow, officially.

Due to 'advance voting' by people who claim that they are unable to vote next week.

edit to add.. it's the sale of alcohol that is forbidden not bars having to be closed. They could still open and sell 'coffee'. Of course police attitudes vary with area .

Edited by ThaidDown
  • Like 1

Due to 'advance voting' by people who claim that they are unable to vote next week.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be ok. Usually I wouldn't care but have 2 friends here from England, and now have to tell them that they can't have a drink. Absurd.

Next weekend too, happy holidays!

• Like 1

I'm hoping tomorrow will be ok. Usually I wouldn't care but have 2 friends here from England, and now have to tell them that they can't have a drink. Absurd.

I did say 'officially'. Some of the Pattaya locals will know more, but certainly away from the main areas drinks will be available. Election may even be cancelled before tomorrow !!

I did say 'officially'. Some of the Pattaya locals will know more, but certainly away from the main areas drinks will be available. Election may even be cancelled before tomorrow !!

Yes, that's why I'm hoping tomorrow will be ok. I think tonight will be a battle though.

Okay thank's everyone for your replies.

I don't arrive until Friday but have a couple of mates there already.

I just find it hard to believe they close for 4 day's in the space of less than 2 weeks.

edit to add.. it's the sale of alcohol that is forbidden not bars having to be closed. They could still open and sell 'coffee'. Of course police attitudes vary with area .

Irish coffees no doubt.

Usually the bar scene is always hit and miss in Pattaya on these bar closing days.

Hotels are exempt and I think some big restaurants.

However with the SOE in effect. Especially in the main traffic areas, bars that open will probably be very limited both saturday and sunday.

Ones away from main road traffic will have more bars open serving "coffee".

Be glad if your in Pattaya. Most other parts of Thailand, Bars in big tourist cities will be closed.

Remember it is also near the end of the month and Papa needs to buy new shoes, so enforcement will be heavier.

No hope this weekend now for bars opening. Only possible for next weekend if they agree to hold off the eeee - rections

Edited by KimoMax
  • Like 1

I realy love people with the only concairn in life is where they can buythere next beer.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

people here are sharing information, it seems your only "concern" should be minding your own business if you have nothing constructive to say

go play with the traffic and do us all a favour

I second that lol.

• Like 2

I realy love people with the only concairn in life is where they can buythere next beer.

people here are sharing information, it seems your only "concern" should be minding your own business if you have nothing constructive to say

Thanks smedly, had heard there would be restrictions but you`ve confirmed that.

I`m guessing but it seems as though restaurants might be OK?

I was planning on a meal out and wanted to be able to drink wine with the meal.

I`ll take a chance, not a deal breaker if declined.

Okay thank's everyone for your replies.

I don't arrive until Friday but have a couple of mates there already.

I just find it hard to believe they close for 4 day's in the space of less than 2 weeks.

There's likely to be another booze ban on Friday 14 February as it's Macha Bucha Day..... Happy Valentine's Day!

Thanks smedly, had heard there would be restrictions but you`ve confirmed that.

I`m guessing but it seems as though restaurants might be OK?

I was planning on a meal out and wanted to be able to drink wine with the meal.

I`ll take a chance, not a deal breaker if declined.

Seen people drinking beer with their meals at restaurants this evening already- around 7.30pm- in quite a few places I passed, so I guess most restaurants are serving.

• Like 1

just wasted half an hour going into town an back ....feel for anyone dealing with this BS if on a short holiday along with protests in Bkk.... retarded springs to mind as i just bought a load of beer in the 7/11 and drinking it on the porch along with my dogs which is probably better than going out anyway thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

seems to some sort of function or rally going on 2nd road tonite near soi 6 - I wonder is thata why they were so strict about the closures tonight - more numbers at the rally site - just a wild guess as I'm not sure what is going on - I'm sure there's a drink ban there too - not