Moto GP - WSBK - 2014

soihok

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. A hasbeen rider on an adapted Superbike isn't likely to do much.

Sent from a telephone, which make and model is no concern of yours….

555 biggrin.png

Actually I just meant Aprilia

Always had a soft spot for them since 250GP days

Dont know why......They just always struck me as exotic

Even while young & racing MX while sponsored by Honda & doing

very well on their Elsinores I was always drooling a bit over the Maico's

Just because wink.png

Hey Soihok and co

I went to Buri Ram on the weekend and watched the Asia Road Racing Championships, 100 baht to get into the temp stand on the

main straight, 200 for the big stand on pit straight. Nice track not really that spectator friendly ie I like to walk

around and watch from different corners at Phillip Island this is the way to go, but here you are too far back. I'm sure that it will still be worth it but I'm 3 hours away, I'll definitely be going just haven't worked out the logistics yet. Also I

hope they get the big screens hooked up live as on the weekend they were on a loop and it was hard in the main race to see who was who. Didn't really think much of the tiddlers racing either but after going to Sepang I knew what to expect.

• Like 1

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. A hasbeen rider on an adapted Superbike isn't likely to do much.

Sent from a telephone, which make and model is no concern of yours.

555 biggrin.png

Actually I just meant Aprilia

Always had a soft spot for them since 250GP days

Dont know why......They just always struck me as exotic

Even while young & racing MX while sponsored by Honda & doing

very well on their Elsinores I was always drooling a bit over the Maico's

Just because wink.png

I had an Elsinore 250 for my first bike, after much fun the motor eventually seized I never was big maintenance man, might have

been something to do with taking it to Moreton Island (made of sand) with not enough oil

• Like 1

Bluetongue , do you expect great difficulties with hotels and transport to and from the track when SBK Superbike fans arrive for a 3 or 4 day trip ?

For the hotel, book on line early enough.

Seems as if there are quite a few hotels that have sprung up in the area.

How about camping? thumbsup.gif

Bluetongue , do you expect great difficulties with hotels and transport to and from the track when SBK Superbike fans arrive for a 3 or 4 day trip ?

Hard to say, I expect the circus itself will use up a lot of rooms. Of course Thai's don't book so the numerous smaller not online places will be their destination. I would try and book early, transport to the track would not be a problem. I did not see any chaos, seemed well organised. I think you could stay in Nang Rong about 40ks away as well, I didn't get into the city of Buri Ram itself to check out what is around there. Some would probably stay in Korat as well and bus up.

As far as camping goes, hmm we'll see. I'm glad that it is on at a time when rain is unlikely.

Good to see WSBK in Thailand, might get to go, from Suk it's quite a hike, will see how I feel at the time.

Well done to the 'M' bros.

Have problem with the record of Doohan's though, he did 12 race wins in a time when there was only 15 races and me thinks should be left as that.

I think the 13 wins in 18 rounds should become a first new record set, otherwise it seems to not make sense.

Millers got good talent, except PR, me still thinks he should of gone to Moto2 first though, big mistake IMO.

Danny Kents a nice lad and he says his a friend of Millers so maybe hope for Miller yet to be liked.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

The argument over records like this occur in all sports , some body comes along and hits more runs , throws more baskets and scores more goals , but it takes more attempts to do it.

I think the Billy Crystal movie 61* shows how it goes.

The Suzuki with Aleix at the controls doing ok

MotoGP Day 3 Time Remaining: 01:05:51

1PEDROSA D.Repsol Honda Team1:31.119
2LORENZO J.Movistar Yamaha MotoGP+0.045
3ESPARGARO P.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+0.169

4MARQUEZ M.Repsol Honda Team+0.257
5ROSSI V.Movistar Yamaha MotoGP+0.357
6ESPARGARO A.Team Suzuki MotoGP+0.854

7CRUTCHLOW C.CWM LCR Honda+0.953
8SMITH B.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+0.982
9PIRRO M.Ducati Test Team+0.994

10HERNANDEZ Y.Energy T.I. Pramac Racing+1.082

• Like 1

At the end of the day, only one rider has won all races in the top class in one year, Agostini in 1962. That's a record MM will probably never beat.

What I am trying say is different time, totally different machines no comparison whatsoever IMO.

Another record that should be just left on it's own, how can anyone beat it, it's impossible.

Still don't like him for bailing out of IOM.

Jim Redman and Mike Hailwood won 3 Grand Prix victories in one day another thing MM can't do.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Kwasaki.

What does F.I.o.R. mean?

My new employer is from Japan, spent a few days in Kawasaki Heavy Industry's factory in Kobe. First time I had been to Japan (as well as being paid to be there thumbsup.gif ).

Very interesting place to say the least, especially downtown Osaka on Halloween....w00t.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Lorenzo lacking in the testicular area.......

When white flags are issued by Race Direction during a MotoGP race, allowing riders to swap machines due to rain, it should be compulsory for all riders to pit for their wet weather bike.

Full Story. http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/211273/1/lorenzo-force-riders-to-pit-in-the-rain.html

Disagree rider decision should be final.