Bar are closed tonight...

MickeyMaow

Its crazy....I just got kicked out about 7pm, as I was asking why, the police came in to check.

Apparently elections albeit they are on the 2nd next week, the postal vote is tomorrow.

So everyone from other provinces has to vote tomorrow.......if they can be asked.......if they know what the election is about.

Most bars around the moat, loy kroh were already shut.....

But nimmen is buzzing, obviously don't get police checks.

Managed to get 3 in ! More than enough for me.

Bars closed until midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning, same again next week end. Amazing Thailand in it's full glory.

Yes they do have their ways about them. Try drinking in a bar in Iran on election day.

If I had to have a drink I would buy before they are supposed to close. It would make me feel a lot better than complaining about it on Thai Visa.

Try a Ma and Pa store.

Yes several places disguise what one is drinking to avoid being hassled by the law enforcers. Funniest one I came across was having a beer out of a tea cup. Wont mention the place but it has an Irish sounding name and in a corner of Anusarn market....facepalm.gif

• 1 month later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Bars closed until midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning, same again next week end. Amazing Thailand in it's full glory.

Yes here we go again - have been advised beer bars and kareokes closed Saturday and Sun 15/16 March ..because of elections.. again

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes here we go again - have been advised beer bars and kareokes closed Saturday and Sun 15/16 March ..because of elections.. again

Who told you, why are they closed and where are they closed? Less 'scare mongering' please without facts.

• Like 1

Who told you, why are they closed and where are they closed? Less 'scare mongering' please without facts.

X2 Kareoke bar owners - Mair l Dek rd

X1 Kareoke owner Kampeng Din rd

X1 Loa Kroh bar owner and X2 employees in seperate Loa Kroh establishments

enough??

Withdrawal symptoms kicking in early???

post-46734-0-05076300-1394873382_thumb.j

enough??

Enough??

NO

You have not answered Who the owners are, Why did they tell you, why are they telling you, why are they closing, (no one else is), etc etc.

Please give facts, not Scare mongering Rants/Trolls!!

• Like 1

Withdrawal symptoms kicking in early???

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gimage.jpg

What? Withdrawal symptoms kicking in early???

You seem to have missed the point. I am in a bar at this moment but will be home in front of the TV (sorry I mean the box which shows news & sport etc - NOT the CPU giving out crap info) in time for the sports & news etc so I don't give a one iota whether the pubs close or not. But if I was an owner of a pub tonight with so much sport on the last thing I want is some idiot making it sound that my establishment is closed because of some stupid rumour.

• Like 1

enough??

enough?? Bars? I think the above math means you have visited 6 bars at least today before your post. Is that Enough?

Edited by scottishjohn

Don't worry, in a week or two the elections will be nullified, and the whole circus of advance voting, general election and re-voting can be repeated. Maybe they throw in a referendum as well.

By the time a new government is installed, all farangs will be tea-totalers.

• I'm out of town at the moment so I have this question. Is there a local election of any kind in Chiang Mai tomorrow March 16 ?

Be Careful with that question! You may be about to be attacked by the Trolls. Are you asking this question out of political interest or are you, like me, about to be accused of having a drink, or lack of it, problem? Drink carefully before you answer or ask the question again!

Don't worry, in a week or two the elections will be nullified, and the whole circus of advance voting, general election and re-voting can be repeated. Maybe they throw in a referendum as well.

By the time a new government is installed, all farangs will be tea-totalers.

I'll drink to that!

• I'm out of town at the moment so I have this question. Is there a local election of any kind in Chiang Mai tomorrow March 16 ?

Be Careful with that question! You may be about to be attacked by the Trolls. Are you asking this question out of political interest or are you, like me, about to be accused of having a drink, or lack of it, problem? Drink carefully before you answer or ask the question again!

Its very simple if there is an election tomorrow then no serving of alcohol from 6 pm tonight to 12 midnight tomorrow March 16. If there is NO election tomorrow then game on. Up to You.

I've never seen this before......... All bars on Loi Kroh and around the night bazaar were closed, with the usual exceptions , but everything inside the moat was open. Supposedly, it was a very local election (T. Changklan?) so anyone outside that district was free to sell! As I said, a new one on me.

• Like 1

I've never seen this before......... All bars on Loi Kroh and around the night bazaar were closed, with the usual exceptions , but everything inside the moat was open. Supposedly, it was a very local election (T. Changklan?) so anyone outside that district was free to sell! As I said, a new one on me.

So the punters will be crying...crazy.gif