NSPTR Leader Killed During Election Blockade Rally

Lite Beer

Good shooting, if that's true. If he was interested in avoiding confrontation he would have stayed at home and left the Thai people to exercise their democratic rights in peace. This killing will serve as a salutary lesson to anyone considering interfering with the main election day next Sunday. The patience of the Thai people has worn thin.

No child, the shooting will serve a lesson for the protestors to arm up next Sunday. When there's blood on the streets next weekend, remember that it was the murder today that caused it.

No dad. If there is blood on the streets next weekend, it is because some bad people don't want to let some good people choose what they want for themselves.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's most unfortunate that another person has died for no reason. Mr Suthep should call a halt now before we have any further violence

Or to be fair

Ms Yingluck should call a halt now before we have any further violence

A glass can be half full or Half empty

Your Bias is showing

Actually no. YL holds the moral high ground and she has the law and the support of the international community behind her. There is no reason for her to call a halt.

ST on the other hand has broken lots of laws and is sadly, also losing support.

Play poker? If you are holding a royal flush, you don't fold to an opponent whose best possible hand would be an Ace pair.

she uses high ground by getting hit squats to shoot from high buildings

she has the support of the international community, you should read some Australia newspapers (does the word corrupt, stated 4 times in a news article in the Sydney Morning Herald) 2GB Talk back, aust most popular talk back program gave her a real dress down this morning, you need to keep up with the times

Thais being killed by Thais is not a good reason to call all this to a halt

You must be a blood thirsty sick man,

Wow. How did you managed to infer from my post that I'm a blood thirsty sick man? Just because I hold a different opinion from you?

You must be really missing your thai wife and her friends. Try to remember to keep taking your meds though.

...Just wait for the next bully and repeat procedure until no more bullies.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No man no problem, eh?

Mass murder is OK, as long as you call the other guys bullies...

Hitler was a big bully ... look what happened when he was not controlled. The Yellow Mob care nothing about the rule of law. They are puppets for the BKK elites.

For entertainment reasons, please do tell us how you reconcile in your head advocating mass murder and the rule of law.

I don't understand. How is blocking people from voting absolute democracy? This is a real question. I'm not being sarcastic.

One reason, because the election is a sham, the ruling party will contest it virtually unopposed and then will use their "landslide" victory to legitimize their actions.

Yes, a very simple analogy, except that the "bully" is now dead. What should happen next?

No man no problem, eh?

Hitler was a big bully ... look what happened when he was not controlled. The Yellow Mob care nothing about the rule of law. They are puppets for the BKK elites.

You could never get Hitler out with an election once he got in total control, You brought this mass murderer into the topic again, when his name cannot be compared with the (yellows) why the yellows do you only know of them ?? you do not realize there are more than the yellows in opposition.

When you get a dictatorial government ruining a country elections do not get rid of it. drastic measures are sometimes needed.

I am not saying this way is the best way but for Thailand something had to give.

No man no problem, eh?

For entertainment reasons, please do tell us how you reconcile in your head advocating mass murder and the rule of law.

You don't seem very smart so I will break it down for you..... When the police shoot bank robbers with guns ....is that justified or not? Terrorists and Criminals deserve punishment....

The thugs beaten/shot were depriving law abiding citizens their right to vote in free elections. That is a crime.

Edited by kuka

You don't seem very smart so I will break it down for you..... When the police shoot bank robbers with guns ....is that justified or not? Terrorists and Criminals deserve punishment....

I guess the answer is Cognitive Dissonance.

The thugs beaten/shot were depriving law abiding citizens their right to vote in free elections. That is a crime.

Police shooting bank robbers who are shooting at them is one is one thing, this was a cold blooded murder of a protestor.

Some hypocrites like to talk a lot of crap about 'democracy' while they're more than happy to support extra judicial killings. In a real democracy, criminals get a trial first.

Police shooting bank robbers who are shooting at them is one is one thing, this was a cold blooded murder of a protestor.

Some hypocrites like to talk a lot of crap about 'democracy' while they're more than happy to support extra judicial killings. In a real democracy, criminals get a trial first.

So you're saying the rights of a few should trump the rights of the majority?

So you're saying you're all for extra judicial killings?

Sounds like 'democracy' to me! clap2.gif

Yes...terrorists should be shot...Right in the head.

LOL! Okay we know where you stand then! Democracy! No wonder Thaksin was allowed to get away with 3000 murders. We have people like you supporting him! Bravo! clap2.gif

• Like 1

Congratulations, so much of a democratic view... facepalm.gif

Definition of terrorist: person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates violence or threats of violence, esp., in pursuit of politcal goals.

There is nothing justifiable about the shooting, however in a real democracy governments get an election first. You can't talk about the rule of law and then attempt to justify the blockage of voting places.

The man shot was shot whilst in the midst of committing a fairly heinous crime against the Thailand state (and by extension the person who leads Thailand). That does not make the shooting in anyway acceptable no matter how predictable it was that somebody was going to die yesterday.

• Like 1

People on both side are crazy. This will not be the end only the beginning. Death means nothing to these people.

" Death means nothing to these people." Whoa! Now that is quit a condemnation. You have personally observed reactions of the families and friends of victims have you? "These people" are an awful lot of people that you are passing judgement on. The media is not showing you enough ravaged faces to keep you happy, perhaps? More likely you are pissed off at your own personal inconvenience or the threat of it- And you're wretched response is to spit out malicious comments.

Edited by techboy
  • Like 1

In a similar thread I said that “but” is one of the most miserable words in the vocabulary. I don't like violence, but… No one should be killed, but… I love you, but…

We should also have to add other words like “however...” or “that having been said...” and the equivalent synonyms to the dreadful list.

I am deeply disheartened to see so many people attempting to reason with the "logic" of the causes for killing a person.

Khun Suthin's daughter doesn't know that father has died, periodically asks for him.

Heart breaking sad.png

Be9nL1XCQAAl0iJ.jpg

Picture from Wannasiri Sirivarna @wannasiri_

Edited by MGP

LOL! Okay we know where you stand then! Democracy! No wonder Thaksin was allowed to get away with 3000 murders. We have people like you supporting him! Bravo! clap2.gif

It is a bit like the numbers Suthep about his supporters. During Thaksin there was a war on drugs. At least there was a fight against all those evil tablets. Some people say 800 victims. Yesterday I read 2500 victims. Now I read 3000 persons. Is exaggeration a typical pro Suthep thing? (Ps; Abhisit, Suthep's buddy forcefully deported 4715 Lao h'Mong. Friend Obama's government already accepted hundreds to be re-settled in the US. Those figures are correct!). By the way: I consider Abhisit very quiet lately. The tail between the legs and sitting in some corner?

Definition of terrorist: person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates violence or threats of violence, esp., in pursuit of politcal goals.

In countries like the US, Norway, Germa y etc. etc. This simply wouldn't happen. The Governments have full control over Army and Police. And they perform the corrections what need to be done to restore Law. And Order. Unfortunately Thailand has a long way to go before being a sincere serious democracy. One aspect is the always doubtful role / position of where stands the army. It would be really good if Government and Army show their power now in a joint venture. Later it can be seen if the Thaksin era better comes to an end. But that comes beyond this Anarchy now.

I am disgusted. Look at video.

at 1:40 you see one of the red-shirt thugs using the Thai flag to bash the window of a car. This is after the shooting of protestors in the street.

I am appalled..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwv44THcXD0&sns=em

How do you know they are red ? they could be either yellow or local enraged non affiliated a lot of these red or yellow flags come from the Wat. I certainly don't have a clue and neither do you.

Well said.

There is no proof whatsoever that anyone who attacked is a red shirt.

The flags were from the temple and all along the roadside.

They are not wearing red shirts. They have not been arrested and giving interviews saying they are red shirts.

Unless there is factual proof that these people were red shirts then people should stop making false accusations.

For all anyone knows they could be upset voters who are really not happy that their polling booth was just closed.

And that pick up truck, from later photos, was full of weapons (knives, slingshot etc...).

All in my opinion of course.

It is a bit like the numbers Suthep about his supporters. During Thaksin there was a war on drugs. At least there was a fight against all those evil tablets. Some people say 800 victims. Yesterday I read 2500 victims. Now I read 3000 persons. Is exaggeration a typical pro Suthep thing? (Ps; Abhisit, Suthep's buddy forcefully deported 4715 Lao h'Mong. Friend Obama's government already accepted hundreds to be re-settled in the US. Those figures are correct!). By the way: I consider Abhisit very quiet lately. The tail between the legs and sitting in some corner?

I'll give you a 25% discount and follow Human Rights Watch's number at 2275. Add in the deaths at Tak Bai and Kra Se and he has more blood on his hands than any other Thai in recent history.. This is 'democracy' to the de facto leader of the PTP.

What was the point of blocking the elections in BKK anyway? BKK was always heavily Democrat anyway, it wouldn't change the outcome.

The point (that most seem to miss) is that it is NOT a right in Thailand to vote - it's a duty - You HAVE to vote, not really democratic right ? In my homeland I decide weather I want to vote or not, that is NOT the case in Thailand...

Blocking polls make it impossible to vote, and peoples do not have to say "I break the law and do not vote" - they are free to say - I was not able to vote...

IF more than 50% is not going to vote - one or another reason, then the election is not valid...

What Suthep want is to make reforms to pave the road to democracy, as most in here know democracy (not like in Irak under Sadam where voting also was mandatory) and THEN have free elections with free peoples free to vote or not, what ever they decide...

What was the point of blocking the elections in BKK anyway? BKK was always heavily Democrat anyway, it wouldn't change the outcome.

The point (that most seem to miss) is that it is NOT a right in Thailand to vote - it's a duty - You HAVE to vote, not really democratic right ? In my homeland I decide weather I want to vote or not, that is NOT the case in Thailand...

Blocking polls make it impossible to vote, and peoples do not have to say "I break the law and do not vote" - they are free to say - I was not able to vote...

IF more than 50% is not going to vote - one or another reason, then the election is not valid...

What Suthep want is to make reforms to pave the road to democracy, as most in here know democracy (not like in Irak under Sadam where voting also was mandatory) and THEN have free elections with free peoples free to vote or not, what ever they decide...

This is a false argument people should they choose could go and just vote for a minor party out of protest or just spoil their ballot and not face any problems whatsoever.

Spoiling a ballot is illegal here and can result in imprisonment up to one year, a fine up to 20,000 baht, and lose their voting rights for five years.

Section 108 of Thailand's Electoral Law.

Most people would consider any of the foregoing as a "problem".

• Like 1