Cooling off period for PPI

matt111

What is the cooling off period for Thai life/ppi insurance?

When we purchased a new car on drip in gf name a few months ago via tisco finance, they did the cliche thing of trying to push ppi insurance via SCB, typical terrible value prop, to which i told them no.

A few weeks ago I find out that they called her via telephone and sold her the same crappy policy - from my understanding if shes loses her low paid job (not because she quits, or gets fired), then after a certain period, and presumably under a millions terms and conditions, they pay for 3 months of the car loan, or if she has an accident and can't work (on support of medical assessment) they pay up to 2 months, its seems a stinky policy to pay ~700x12 (seems be a suggestion though that its over 60 months same as car loan but Ive not seen paperwork yet) for coverage that's essentially limited to 9500x2 (possibly 3) for eventualities such as them, and the reality is I pay the car loan anyway.

So simple version, whats the cooling off period to get this cancelled penalty free?

(note: still havent figured out if they dangled a silver bracelet or a few bottles of wine, caused a bit of tension to put it lightly)

Edited by matt111

My insurance for my pick up is not due till May, My T/gf had a phone call this week from an insurance company I have never heard of that they are sending some one to photograph my No plate for the next insurance and would I pay 3000 but to him which will be deducted off my next premium payment. I own the car not my g/f, it and the insurance is in my name so how they got her phone number is a mystery.

I rang my agent and he said it is a marketing scam to get you tied in to their policy months ahead of renewal so you don't have time to compare when yours is due

This is just a heads up for anyone else they contact

My g/f panicked about the guy coming and demanding the money, I told her not to worry I will give him a whistle ( english saying " he can whistle for it ")

• Like 1