Kim Jong-un executes uncle's relatives: report

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do reports say N. Korea is a "communist regime" its not. Its a "Dictatorship" and the worst one the world has ever seen in modern times.

Communism is a totalitarian system of government in which a single authoritarian party (ie., the Communist Party) controls state-owned means of production. A dictatorship is a totalitarian system of government in which a single person controls state-owned means of production. The former applies to China, the latter applies to N. Korea. I think that because China has been the protector of N. Korea that they believe N. Korea is in turn a communist regime.

There is a standing policy of punishing all family members if one member fall fouls of the regime. This was used widely in Mao's China and still continues today. In NK, it usually means imprisonment. [ In NK prisons 50% of prisoners die before release ]. In China it is more likely to be loss of rights such as no right to leave district and/or loss of job, etc.

Considering the seriousness of the perceived or alleged threat to the regime, it is not surprising there have been further executions. There were earlier reports that Kim Jong Un's aunt, Kim Kyong-Hui, has not been punished and has even been wheeled out to show she is still in the good books. If so, it would be surprising if any children from the marriage, if there are any, had been executed. However, this could be true medieval politics in which the first people topped by the new regime are any other relatives who may lay claim to the leadership.

Regardless of jokes about Rodman's visits and the fact that this leader is a nut... the fact remains that this guy represents a clear and present danger to not only the region but also to the World as a whole. The nuclear tips that he controls are an even greater concern. The fact that his people are willing to follow his directives and starve but also maintain their lemming like desire to always follow him (forced or not) is a worry that goes beyond what was experienced in Germany and Japan prior to, and even during, WW2. China has the power to shut him down as does Russia. America (my country) should stay the hell out of it directly. Most already 'hate' us and we do not need to add another issue to get the world upset with us. But NK remains, and I fear will remain for sometime to come, a more than definite flash-point for the world body and it will lead to a real conflict. There is an intrinsic danger having SK and NK that close to each other and to have the world's greatest powers on either side. So to China I say this... you want to show yourselves to be world leaders... then get involved and turn off the faucet and make it clear that the NK crap has to stop.

Oh and Denis... grow up and try like hell to get your career back on track. You cannot sing, and no one really cares what you have to say about anything. You are not a diplomat and do not have the talent to be. Besides the personal embellishments (Tats, etc) just make you look... well... ridiculous.

• Like 2

It's difficult to verify any of this. Wild rumors abound about everything North Korean. One recent story is that he had his uncle killed by putting him naked in a cage with starved dogs. That appears now to have been a story drummed up by Chinese media to show how mean KJu is and therefore to discredit the China government for having relations with him. Take these stories with a grain of salt...

"Dog Eats Korean" is a great headline though.

• Like 2

Why do reports say N. Korea is a "communist regime" its not. Its a "Dictatorship" and the worst one the world has ever seen in modern times.

Yes, it is most certainly a rotten, foul dictatorship, but "worst"...Pol Pot regime....Idi Amin regime...Saddam Hussein...Gaddafy....Asaad....Duvalier...Sukarno/Suharto...Marcos

Lots of contenders.

Meanwhile, Little Chubby is saying he'll allow another family reunion N/S (on his turf), IF the US and South Korea cancel their annual war games. Last time he withdrew the offer after families had made plans.

The good news...there are a lot of people living in NK who are silently, patiently working toward ending this foul crime family's 70 year reign of terror.

"The good news...there are a lot of people living in NK who are silently, patiently working toward ending this foul crime family's 70 year reign of terror."

Like the family that jot got executed . . .

Regardless of jokes about Rodman's visits and the fact that this leader is a nut... the fact remains that this guy represents a clear and present danger to not only the region but also to the World as a whole. The nuclear tips that he controls are an even greater concern. The fact that his people are willing to follow his directives and starve but also maintain their lemming like desire to always follow him (forced or not) is a worry that goes beyond what was experienced in Germany and Japan prior to, and even during, WW2. China has the power to shut him down as does Russia. America (my country) should stay the hell out of it directly. Most already 'hate' us and we do not need to add another issue to get the world upset with us. But NK remains, and I fear will remain for sometime to come, a more than definite flash-point for the world body and it will lead to a real conflict. There is an intrinsic danger having SK and NK that close to each other and to have the world's greatest powers on either side. So to China I say this... you want to show yourselves to be world leaders... then get involved and turn off the faucet and make it clear that the NK crap has to stop.

Oh and Denis... grow up and try like hell to get your career back on track. You cannot sing, and no one really cares what you have to say about anything. You are not a diplomat and do not have the talent to be. Besides the personal embellishments (Tats, etc) just make you look... well... ridiculous.

My concern is the reports of Kim being a drunk. Candidly, a lot of his irrational threats and actions seem like those of an irrational intoxicated individual. One wonders if there is any fail safe type of mechanism in place or can he potentially launch a weapon of mass destruction against South Korea or Japan instantly and in his own.

• Like 1

My concern is the reports of Kim being a drunk. Candidly, a lot of his irrational threats and actions seem like those of an irrational intoxicated individual. One wonders if there is any fail safe type of mechanism in place or can he potentially launch a weapon of mass destruction against South Korea or Japan instantly and in his own.

One of the big problems with any of the weapons of mass destruction is who has the protocols to launch them. Whether it is Syria with chemical weapons or Pakistan with nuclear weapons or Kim, there needs to be safeguards to prevent them being launched unintentionally or by rogue elements.

There were reports of Nixon being drunk and wanting to launch nuclear weapons on Vietnam. Fortunately, he had to have the cooperation of the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and he was apparently not inclined to get up at 3:00 in the morning to pander to a drunk president.

One of the big problems with any of the weapons of mass destruction is who has the protocols to launch them. Whether it is Syria with chemical weapons or Pakistan with nuclear weapons or Kim, there needs to be safeguards to prevent them being launched unintentionally or by rogue elements.

There were reports of Nixon being drunk and wanting to launch nuclear weapons on Vietnam. Fortunately, he had to have the cooperation of the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and he was apparently not inclined to get up at 3:00 in the morning to pander to a drunk president.

Holly cow, that Nixon tid but is scary. Never heard that before. Alcohol, guy in power and nuclear weapons is a dangerous combination in any country. Even more so if everyone is scared to stand up to the leader and say no.

Edited by F430murci

Not too worry, I think you had to enter the security code and I doubt that a drunk Nixon could have accomplished that even if the Joint Chiefs were willing to unleash them. As a matter of fact, when he was drunk, it was probably the safest the world could be at that time.

Little Kim, however, doesn't have staff that would dare moderate his wishes. His Uncle might have, but that ship has now sailed.

• Like 1

Not too worry, I think you had to enter the security code and I doubt that a drunk Nixon could have accomplished that even if the Joint Chiefs were willing to unleash them. As a matter of fact, when he was drunk, it was probably the safest the world could be at that time.

Little Kim, however, doesn't have staff that would dare moderate his wishes. His Uncle might have, but that ship has now sailed.

I think that ship has actually sunk ;)

• Like 1

Yes, it is most certainly a rotten, foul dictatorship, but "worst"...Pol Pot regime....Idi Amin regime...Saddam Hussein...Gaddafy....Asaad....Duvalier...Sukarno/Suharto...Marcos

Lots of contenders.

Meanwhile, Little Chubby is saying he'll allow another family reunion N/S (on his turf), IF the US and South Korea cancel their annual war games. Last time he withdrew the offer after families had made plans.

The good news...there are a lot of people living in NK who are silently, patiently working toward ending this foul crime family's 70 year reign of terror.

"The good news...there are a lot of people living in NK who are silently, patiently working toward ending this foul crime family's 70 year reign of terror."

Yes they might be "silently, patiently working toward ending this foul crime family's 70 year reign of terror" but as they come forward they get exterminated, and it could get a lot worse, I don't think there is any limit to the little, fat, ugly madman's nastiness!

Yes they might be "silently, patiently working toward ending this foul crime family's 70 year reign of terror" but as they come forward they get exterminated, and it could get a lot worse, I don't think there is any limit to the little, fat, ugly madman's nastiness!

And I bet they are all quietly pushing the loudest one in the family to go forth and do it....go on, you go, no you go, no you go, no you go...

Holly cow, that Nixon tid but is scary. Never heard that before. Alcohol, guy in power and nuclear weapons is a dangerous combination in any country. Even more so if everyone is scared to stand up to the leader and say no.
Chub Boy Kim's dad was an alchie. He had crateloads of Couvoisier Cognac delivered to his doorstep. Wouldn't be surprising is the son also sucks fermented sugar drinks to excess. Alcoholic drinks: the world's most harmful recreational drug, and also the world's only legal rec. drug. Ironic, isn't it? Not to guzzlers like Chalerm.

Lots of contenders.

The sooner he ends up kicking around Beelzebub's hole of hell with Adolf, Saddam,Tojo, Pol Pot, etc; the better!

• Like 1

And I bet they are all quietly pushing the loudest one in the family to go forth and do it....go on, you go, no you go, no you go, no you go...

I don't understand. Why doesn't he just get himself executed? No offense but the world has enough parasites already.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You don't understand why he does not get himself executed...gee, no surprise there.