Road To New Airport

Guys dont know if anyone else has noticed

I was driving out past the new airport on the way to Pattaya last week and it was raining very hard. It was good to see that the 4 lane motorway becomes waterlogged to the stage where people pull over to the side and wait for the rain to stop. looks as though the drains were forgotten about!!

Good news for tourists and people using the airport at this time of year... still wont have to worry about it for another year!!!

Noticed that on last trip but ..Dont worry about it...

Once the new airport opens all the rain water will drain down onto the "new"runways and disappear through the cracks.... :o

problem solved.....tit :D

Noticed that on last trip but ..Dont worry about it...

Once the new airport opens all the rain water will drain down onto the "new"runways and disappear through the cracks.... :o

problem solved.....tit :D

oh no your very wrong - there are no cracks on the runways......... :D

Which road are you talking about? Bangkok-Chonburi motorway (extention of Rama 9) seems ok in the rain all the way to the airport. Cruising speeds drop to 90 km/h, but I haven't seen anyone actually pulling over.

Which road are you talking about? Bangkok-Chonburi motorway (extention of Rama 9) seems ok in the rain all the way to the airport. Cruising speeds drop to 90 km/h, but I haven't seen anyone actually pulling over.

yeah same road, maybe i caught it on a particular bad rainy time...

Yeah, I'm on the motorway about once a week from the Tapchang toll booth passing the airport and all the way to Pattaya... have yet to need to stop because of too much water on the roads or lack of visibility. I do know some folks that simply "can't" drive in the rain, seems to be mostly because they don't see very well or their cars aren't maintained properly (mainly, they don't buy new tires every 40k km or when the wear bars start to show so... but instead only when they get flats). Often they express the need to pull over... but then someone else typically takes over the driving.

Maybe you need to have better wipers installed?

:o

Edited by Heng

Yeah, I'm on the motorway about once a week from the Tapchang toll booth passing the airport and all the way to Pattaya... have yet to need to stop because of too much water on the roads or lack of visibility. I do know some folks that simply "can't" drive in the rain, seems to be mostly because they don't see very well or their cars aren't maintained properly (mainly, they don't buy new tires every 40k km or when the wear bars start to show so... but instead only when they get flats). Often they express the need to pull over... but then someone else typically takes over the driving.

Maybe you need to have better wipers installed?

:o

no it was fine to me, just waterlogged, same as living in some areas of the UK, it was the Thai's who were pulling over to the side...

Yeah..same one...however always find that the other "main" drag Bangna Trat>Patti seems to be better ..and quicker..

Maybe because its elevated its easier just to drill a hole in problem areas and let the rain water run away. :o

• 1 month later...

its probably not just the rain on the road thats flooding it, its probably the water they have to keep pumping out from the airport to stop it turning into a lake, the pumps run constantly just about the engineer told me, they even have dyke like barriers to hold it back

its probably not just the rain on the road thats flooding it, its probably the water they have to keep pumping out from the airport to stop it turning into a lake, the pumps run constantly just about the engineer told me, they even have dyke like barriers to hold it back

Stop the pumps! I have a float plane!