CMPO to 'reclaim' Chaeng Wattana Road

webfact

CMPO To 'Reclaim' Chaeng Wattana Road
By Khaosod English

cw.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Governmental officials have announced that they will persuade anti-government protesters to leave their rally site on Chaeng Wattana Road.

Supporters of People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) have been camping around the Government Complex since evening of 12 January as part of their "Bangkok Shutdown" campaign.

Their numbers have been visibly dwindling in recent days.

Officials said the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) will spearhead a negotiation with the protesters in order to "reclaim" the area, and re-open state agencies in Government Complex currently shut down by the protesters.

Those closed down agencies include the Ministry of Justice, the Division of Special Investigation (DSI), the Department of Consular Affairs, and a number of state telecommunication offices.

It is unclear whether PCAD core leaders will agree to engage in the negotiation.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1EYzVNekl4TUE9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-27

Good lord the roads empty, a few JCB's, a few trucks, a lot of Police,road clear, what a load of loosers running this town

It is not only who is on the road at the moment ... it is how fast can the PDRC call in for backup ... and if the CMPO retake Wattana ... surely Suthep will have people take over another location ... Chess anyone

• Like 2

Could take months for the govt to award a contract to remove those sandbags since the BIB wouldn't dirty their hands in doing such. Will probably require public hearings & an environmental impact assessment. Not sure the caretaker govt has the authority to award a multi-hundred baht contract...and lord knows Yinluck is not going to make such a big decision....will want the Constitutional Court's sandbag removal ruling first.

Good lord the roads empty, a few JCB's, a few trucks, a lot of Police,road clear, what a load of loosers running this town

you have an interesting posting record Jollyman

two tourism related questions at the start of your short posting career on TV then everything else dedicated to defense of current caretaker government and decrying the anti government protestors

as a tourist you seem overly educated in political matters

i think i smell a connection.......

• Like 1

CMPO negotiates for return of Government Center Complex

tarit-3-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Center for the Maintaining of Peace and Order (CMPO) says it will negotiate with anti-government protesters on Chaeng Wattana road for the return of Government Center Complex so that government officials could return to work.

Tarit Pengdit, a member of the CMPO and director-general of the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) said a negotiation team would be sent to the protest site on Chaeng Wattana road today to negotiate for the return of the government complex.

He said the team comprises heads of government agencies, police and military personnel from the Armed Forces.

He assured that CMPO would not use force to disperse the protesters although security personnel have been deployed now near the protest site.

But he did not expect success in the talk but merely hope protesters would accept the CMPO’s proposal for consideration.

He said CMPO team will return tomorrow to hear reply to its request.

He said it would be good if protesters agree to return the center to government officials to work.

However, if its request is rejected, CMPO will consider other measure which he refused to elaborate but assured no force will be used to disperse protesters.

The protest site on Chaeng Wattana road is led by abbot Buddha Isara while protesters comprises those coming from the central provinces.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cmpo-negotiates-return-government-center-complex/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-27

How about getting them out of Asoke too.

No one here during the day and only a small crowd at night. Last night the loadspeakers stayed on until almost 1 am.

How about the right to a peaceful night's rest for those of us that live in the protest areas?

Thailand IS a failed state.

No rule of law and a government that not only has no control, but is out of control. All we ever get from them is hot air. All talk and no action.

How about realizing this is NOT our Country. We have no rights here, so like it or leave it.

• Like 1

Wow is that a protest site. I was under the belief that there were millions of people protesting in the streets. I've seen more people protesting about a speed limit in my village back home in England, than in this photograph.

No one here during the day and only a small crowd at night. Last night the loadspeakers stayed on until almost 1 am.

How about the right to a peaceful night's rest for those of us that live in the protest areas?

No rule of law and a government that not only has no control, but is out of control. All we ever get from them is hot air. All talk and no action.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you a pro protestor? That's the feeling that I have gotten from some of your previous posts.

On the other hand, I'm anti protestor but I do enjoy Asoke being closed down. Less pollution, less traffic, party atmosphere, good music (most of the time).

• Like 1

How about realizing this is NOT our Country. We have no rights here, so like it or leave it.

How refreshing with a "If you don't like it here, go home" comment!!clap2.gif

Always nice with creative posters!!

• Like 1

@soi 41; I was thinking something similar. At least Thai people get out in the streets about these things. Here in NA it almost seems that it takes an nuclear explosion to get people out on the street making noise. Our politicians lie to us outrageously, and we sit placidly mesmerized by out tv's and high speed internet gadgets. Pathetic.

I wish them well, and I hope they resolve this by talking.

• Like 1

you have an interesting posting record Jollyman

two tourism related questions at the start of your short posting career on TV then everything else dedicated to defense of current caretaker government and decrying the anti government protestors

as a tourist you seem overly educated in political matters

i think i smell a connection.......

Could the avatar have a bearing on your nasal connections ?

Wow is that a protest site. I was under the belief that there were millions of people protesting in the streets. I've seen more people protesting about a speed limit in my village back home in England, than in this photograph.

Pictures can sometimes being deceiving...

I don't know if ChaengWattana is anything like Asoke... but perhaps.

During the daytime, it's pretty much deserted. But by dinner time, there are several thousand people there every night, and more on the weekends.

It kind of depends on what time of day or night someone's snapping a photo.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/685198-information-on-protest-sites/?p=7354428

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

No negotiation needed...just move them on, preferably straight to jail if they resist

Yes, crush any opposition to the benevolent regime that is so desperate to cling to power in the interests of the people.

After all, they came from election.

Your final sentence is so true.

And they will come also from the next election...............

No negotiation needed...just move them on, preferably straight to jail if they resist

Zich Heil heir Furer!!!

I think this is a bit extreme, not to mention childish. Most protesters, if not all, have broken the law. If all protesters (red, yellow, whatever) operating outside the law i.e. blocking entry to polling stations, occupying govt buildings, burning property, tyres etc. faced prison terms when caught, then guess what? We might have (usually) law-abiding and respectful demonstrations a la developed countries.

But no, this is lawless (or more accurately enforcement less) Thailand.