Surapong: CMPO can keep order for Feb 2 election

webfact

Surapong: CMPO can keep order for Feb 2 election
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Monday that the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order will be able to deal with protesters and keep order on the election day next Sunday.

Surapong was speaking to reporters after chairing the CMPO meeting. He is the chief adviser to the special body, which is in charge of enforcing the emergency decree.

He said if the Election Commission seeks help from the CMPO to keep law and order at polling stations, the body would be able to handle the situation.

"It won't be too tough for us to handle," Surapong said.

He said the EC did not seek help from police and troops to protect polling stations for advance voting on Sunday.

Advance voting at most polling stations in Bangkok and southern provinces were cancelled following sieges by protesters, prompting the EC to complain that it did not receive support from police and troops.

But Surapong said he had received explanations from Wibul Sanguanpong, permanent secretary to the Interior Ministry, and Gen Nipat Thonglek, permanent secretary to the Defence Ministry, that the EC had not sought special protection or special forces to deal with the protests.

"So only the normal number of police were deployed to guard polling stations," Surapong said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-27

With the addtion of Chalerm CaMPO is more sophisiticated than CAPO that was headed by this weakling Surapong trying to sound tough. First of all send in grenadiers to justify the SOE. Then send in the Cambodian special forces to to shoot up trucks in broad daylight in the capital. This easily provides justification for a crack down on individual groups of protestors thought most vulnerable to attack, using batons, tear gas, rubber bullets and slipping in some live rounds that will be blamed on friendly fire from the protestors themsleves. The SOE gives police and Cambodian auxilliaries immunity from prosecution. No problem, we can handle this.

Of course he doesn't want the army around taking care of safety. Creating chaos and violence will be far too difficult. Without the army present it will be easier to blend in the Cambodians. Either in police uniform or in yellow, red, black or any other copor shirts.

Chalerm will have instructed Surapong well.

I would like this to be true but when I read

""It won't be too tough for us to handle," Surapong said"

I worry as to what he means by "handle".

If he means a well prepared plan to keep both sides apart and well away from the polling stations, offer protection for voters and allow protesters to protest away from the polling stations, then great.

If he means none of this but if any violence occurs we will react as we see fit, then more blood will be spilt.

I really hope he has a plan.

I would like this to be true but when I read

""It won't be too tough for us to handle," Surapong said"

I worry as to what he means by "handle".

If he means a well prepared plan to keep both sides apart and well away from the polling stations, offer protection for voters and allow protesters to protest away from the polling stations, then great.

If he means none of this but if any violence occurs we will react as we see fit, then more blood will be spilt.

post-9891-0-81977900-1390814757_thumb.jprolleyes.gif

He said the EC did not seek help from police and troops to protect polling stations for advance voting on Sunday.

But the EC says they did officially ask for help...........................................Somebodys telling porkies again.............I nominate Surapong

Mr Somchai said the EC has officially sought assistance from the Defence Ministry, Interior Ministry and National Police Bureau since Thursday but it was found that police and military personnel had difficulty in providing support in six southern provinces.

Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Monday that the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order will be able to deal with protesters and keep order on the election day next Sunday.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They have not been able to do so, so far, whats changed, obviously some people in government have an "(overactive) imagination"

• Like 1

One is tempted to ask the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order exactly when the peace and order begins ? Or are they perennially set on providing it promptly within 72 hours ? It is getting tiring pointing out all the untruths from come from Surapong, although one will never get tired of the zinger he gave yesterday when he said that the advance polling was a 90 % success ! Given the fact that only 5 in 50 polling stations in Bangkok were open, and most of the South's polling stations were closed, one assumes that Newtonian physics have never fazed him. But now he claims that the EC did not request the assistance of the police, even though they stated as recently as today that they had. And does anyone really believe that CMPO they can handle the election when they haven't been able to handle today ? Or yesterday ? Or the week before for that matter ?