Better Homes & Gardens

MJP

Now as a few of you know I live like a dirty pikey in the UK so I must make the best of the house out here I don't actually own.

Having begun a regeneration scheme in the front yard and having taken some pictures to cherish the memory as I sleep in my freezing dirty portacabin office on a toxic waste site back in Blighty, it gave me a kernel of an idea . . . a Better Homes & Gardens thread where we might share both photography and creative ideas for home improvement.

12168665104_d31f270b9c_b.jpg

• Like 2

Couple from Nong Nooch gardens.

Wish it was my garden

attachicon.gif24-01-12 082 (46).jpg

attachicon.gif24-01-12 082 (69).jpg

Not when you have to water and prune it love.

12172937994_fbb01f5f01_b.jpg

Not much watering and pruning required there mate tongue.png

's a cunnin' plan, innit?

Before, once there was a failed lawn and scrub now stands £200 worth of new garden, all done in four days. That's 7 cubic metres of crushed limestone gravel, 1 cube of building sand, 20 paving stones, 15 bags of pebbles, 20 bags of finest dry compost (pig based) and about forty plants and a dozen pots of various dimensions.

Edited by MJP
  • Like 2

Hope you put poly' sheeting under that gravel or you'll have more than just pruning to do when you get back.................

I've been looking for permeable weed barrier, no can find. If I put poly down that area will flood, bad. I mean bad.

So dug out the root zone to a sub-soil of poor nutritional quality before putting 20cm of gravel on, compacted. Got a full time gardener there and weed killer if needs be.

You want to see weeds? Take a look at my last £400,000 landscaping sub-contract, part of a £12m regen. QS cancelled the maintenance contract and I came back to find a new fancy shopping development 6 feet in weeds!!!

That was fun. blink.png