Suthep threatens to shut down CMPO within a day

Lite Beer

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

78 protesters at Ratchaprasong at 1630...I counted them

Yeah, right. Like anyone believes even a single word you write.

How much is Thaksin paying you again?

What a very strange and disturbing thing to say as a reply ... crazy.gif

That comes across as delusional as Suthep's rantings

• Like 1

Three pro-Government Redshirts, at their headquarters, at Chang Phuak Gate, this afternoon. I counted them too and this is their strong hold, Chiang Mai. cheesy.gif

BTW, my wife was talking, to the person paying red shirt voters, every election (municipal and federal) and this time, they are not paying, which means, that this election is a farce and Thaksin already knows, that there will have to be another election.

I have never seen such low turnouts of redshirts. No idea why and I would hate to speculate, but 3 people, that is just too funny. Everyone, who is driving, or walking along the vote, can see their headquarters, which makes them look even more pathetic. I think, Thaksin better open his wallet, if he wants some people to show up there.

Edited by kurtgruen

This morning:

Suthep threatens to shut down CMPO within a day

And 5 minutes ago, Suthep on stage:

RT@Lerlaforever: Suthep: So close down your CMPO, or we will do it for u. But we won't tell u when , to let u live in fear.

Didn't he just say when this morning? And apparently this evening he can't remember what he said this morning?

And this guy wants to run the country?

cheesy.gif

He is just running the protest and has alreay said many times he doen't want to run the country, where did you get that idea? I sure hope overr the next few days to a week that everyone has their phone or camcorder ready, I think before its all over it could be an action film! Anyways not going to share my opinion and its not country or place to say, just hope what ever happens we can see it done without much more bloodshed!

Three pro-Government Redshirts, at their headquarters, at Chang Phuak Gate, this afternoon. I counted them too and this is their strong hold, Chiang Mai. cheesy.gif

BTW, my wife was talking, to the person paying red shirt voters, every election (municipal and federal) and this time, they are not paying, which means, that this election is a farce and Thaksin already knows, that there will have to be another election.

I have never seen such low turnouts of redshirts. No idea why and I would hate to speculate, but 3 people, that is just too funny. Everyone, who is driving, or walking along the vote, can see their headquarters, which makes them look even more pathetic. I think, Thaksin better open his wallet, if he wants some people to show up there.

Why would the pro democracy movement want mobilize people at their Provisional HQ's when they are already located in the heartland of pro democracy Thailand?

That just doesn't make sense!

• Like 1

Suthep wants blood.

He has to draw blood/create chaos to fulfill his plan of getting the military to react.

Of course his own blood will remain coursing through his crazy brain, he will use his followers as sacrificial pawns.

Sutheps goal from the very begining was to try and save his own skin, he figured that his only shot at not being tried for murder was to create such kaos in the streets so the military would have to form a coup. By now I think he realizes that there will be no coup so he needs to resort to more and more aggressive actions that will put his followers in harms way, and sadly you are correct that these folks following him will be the pawns when the crackdown begins (likely this week) sad.png In the end suthep will face multiple charges including murder and insurrection or he will commit suicide by police, my bet is on the latter wai2.gif

• Like 1

What a joke. Seriously, why is the coup taking so long?

If the Army wanted a coup, it would have happened already.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Very true old man river! I think most of the worlds governmental leaders have made it clear to the Thai military elite that a coup would not be in their interest for the future of investment in and trade with Thailand thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

from the headline - can you include the DSI also

This crap has gone on long enough - time to either shit or get off the pot

PTP are done - there is no way for them to form a government regardless of elections, they need to step down and reforms put in place to stop this from ever happening again

Ban all convicted MP's for life instead of just 5 years then we wouldn't have this same bunch of crooks taking office, eventually it might just clean itself and introduce Thailand to whole new set of candidates that can actually take this country out of this cycle of corruption and ban the greedy to history

some say Suthep wants to become a dictator and rule by himself - that is really just complete nonsense - the people supporting him would never allow such a thing to happen, he would be shifted very fast and lose all support - these people are fed up with the Thaksin bullshit and greed - they would never stand for a Thaksin replacement

PTP have shown beyond any measure of doubt that there is a need for change and they are not fit for office

PTP step down

Changes to the Constitution to enforce the rule of law and introduce powerful agencies that can keep rogue governments in check - tough penalties for those breaking the rules

Powerful agencies to combat corruption and introduce stiff jail terms for those found guilty

Rules to enforce government transparency and stiff penalties for braking the rules

Proper verified fiscal reports every 3 months

scrap the immunity clause for MP's

Fast track the justice system for corrupt government officials

Introduce a body to vet election populist policies so they remain realistic and feasible

put it to the people for referendum approval

then have elections

PTP have done a great job of exposing the need for change

he talks for days on end only a real loony could do such a thing .he must repeat himself quite a bit with the invective

Symptoms of bipolar disorders

In the depressive phase:

• Sadness, depressed mood lasting almost all day, everyday and for at least two weeks
  • Fatigue and loss of energy
  • Loss of interest and pleasure
  • Trouble sleeping (insomnia or hypersomnia)
  • Appetite problems with weight gain or weight loss
  • Psychomotor retardation or agitation
  • Loss of concentration or loss of ability to think or make decisions
  • Feelings of guilt
  • Recurrent thoughts of Death (60% of cases) and recurring suicidal thoughts (15% of cases)
  • Sudden social isolation or aggressive behavior

In the manic phase:

• High self-esteem and thoughts of grandeur
  • Extremely high energy levels and an intense sense of well-being or irritability
  • Reduced need for sleep
  • Increased speed of talking or non-stop talking
  • Racing thoughts or a feeling of idea overflow
  • Inability to concentrate, very distracted
  • Increased social, professional or scholarly activities
  • Psychomotor agitation, increased energy level
  • Pleasure increased to an excessive degree with a high risk of negative consequences: shopping, sex or financial investments
  • Affected people may also experience delusions (impossible, but firm beliefs) or hallucinations.
Edited by 3NUMBAS
  • Like 1

Very true old man river! I think most of the worlds governmental leaders have made it clear to the Thai military elite that a coup would not be in their interest for the future of investment in and trade with Thailand thumbsup.gif

We are interested in those things. The Army is interested in supporting the Monarchy and the general population of Thailand. A civil war is contra to everything they stand for. Another crackdown/coup could be incendiary.

So is a SOE required?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We already have one covering that area. The legal question is should there be one. How has it helped protect so far?

Are you insane? Not a coup / martial law - there is a difference. In the US, the troops would have closed this illegal assembly down in the first three days.

We are interested in those things. The Army is interested in supporting the Monarchy and the general population of Thailand. A civil war is contra to everything they stand for. Another crackdown/coup could be incendiary.

The only reason it could be "incendiary" is because they didn't put a stop to this foolishness on the first day ...

Many people find these comments inferring that those who do not suppress their fellow citizens the right to vote somehow don't respect traditional Thai institutions. People that hide behind this false reverence as a political shield for lawlessness should be ashamed of themselves. Respect the people's right to vote - most people pray that Thailand doesn't turn into the banana republic so many claim it is.

• Like 1

Crowd must have swelled since I went through @ around 3.oopm biggrin.png

Crowd ZERO at 10.00am. About 100 or so of the rent-a-crowd had headed off in trucks to cause trouble somewhere else in Bangkok. The photo in one of the posts above is misleading..what appears to be part of the crowd is, in fact, tents set up by the out-of-town mob. The area between the stage and the tents is quite small. While I'm sure the scheduled concert last night did attract a few more ( for the music or protest, who knows?)...but the ever-dwindling numbers is a sure sign that this is not gathering any momentum. A flop in anyone's definition.

This talk of non-violence doesn't hold water anymore after seeing people force-ably denied access to vote on Sunday.

And the guy has no sense of the toll his non-violent demonstrations have taken nor can he control what his so-called "constituents" have or will continue to do.

You sir, are no Mahatma Gandhi!

• Like 1

Yes, it is not turning out as expected for Overlord Suthep. He must be quite frustrated, hence these childish declarations of power. It is a very complicated scenario. My Thai girlfriend ended up in a government hospital a few days ago. She fell and nearly broke her shoulder and hit her head on the pavement. She was in the hospital for two days and one night. They did x-rays, scans, imaging, and she had a few visits with a neuro and an ortho. The whole thing cost her 30 baht! Her family told me prior to Thaksin there was no universal health care for Thais, and that she would not have had this access to nearly free medical care. I do not like Thaksin. I am not a supporter. But, I can see how some may feel he is the only leader in recent history to actually create policy that benefitted the masses. That is a very big deal, as it is tangible. So, a lot of people feel that replacing one elected leader, with a self appointed leader who has no interest in an election is a dangerous precedent. The reality is that they are nearly all corrupt and power hungry. So, which corrupt and power hungry leader is best suited to run the country?

Besides, what has this man ever really accomplished except to consolidate power in the south, and amass a huge fortune in the process. Perhaps that is why this goombah is getting so little support?

Just a little recent history on this class clown, to refresh some memories, from wiki:

1995 to present corruption scandal[edit]

As part of the Sor Por Kor 4-01 (สปก.4-01) land reform scheme, Suthep gave title deeds to 592 plots of land in Khao Sam Liam, Kamala and Nakkerd hills of Phuket province to 489 farmers. It was later found that members of 11 wealthy families in Phuket were among the recipients. Suthep addressed a huge crowd in his Surat Thani constituency a month before a no-confidence debate and called on his supporters to march on Bangkok in the hundreds of thousands to defend his reputation.[5] The scandal led Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai of the Democrat Party to dissolve the House of Representatives in July 1995 in order to avoid the no-confidence debate.[6] In subsequent elections, Thai Nation Party won a majority, leading to the downfall of Chuan Leekpai's Democrat Party-led government.

Wikileaks diplomatic cables from the US embassy revealed that many members of his own party have long complained of his corrupt and unethical behavior.[7][8][9]

2009 disqualification as MP[edit]

In 2009, Suthep was accused of violating the Constitution of Thailand by holding equity in a media firm that had received concessions from the government. Under the 1997 Constitution of Thailand, which Suthep had supported, Members of Parliament are banned from holding stakes in companies which have received government concessions. In July 2009, the Election Commission announced that it would seek a ruling by the Constitutional Court to disqualify Suthep.

Suthep held a press conference a day later, announcing his decision to resign from Parliament. Suthep's resignation as an MP did not affect his status as a Deputy Prime Minister and as a Cabinet member. If his case had been submitted to the Constitution Court, he would have been suspended from duty as Deputy Prime Minister. He insisted his resignation was not a proof that he had done anything wrong but that he was worried about status as Deputy Prime Minister.[10]

2011 elections[edit]

In the general election on 3 July 2011, the Democrats were defeated, receiving 34% of the votes in contrast to the Pheu Thai Party's 47%. In response, Suthep immediately stepped down as the party's secretary-general. When the government of Pheu Thai Party-leader Yingluck Shinawatra took office on 9 August 2011, his term as deputy prime minister ended.

2013 Indictment for murder charge over 2010 strife[edit]

After several Criminal court ruling that deaths and injuries sustained by red-shirt protesters during the political unrest in April and May 2010 are the direct result of order to soldier given by Suthep Thaugsuban, the director of the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES), the Department of Special Investigation, public prosecutors and police agreed to file murder charges against him.[

• Like 1

Yeah, right. Like anyone believes even a single word you write.

How much is Thaksin paying you again?

Noshi, is that you? I got this from an unhinged little fellow on BP. Looks familiar, no? It has your style Whizbang.

Clearly you are also one of these newly born "Thaksin whores" Thai traitors or foreign mercenaries paid by the criminal fugitive to post fake comments in favour of this fraudulent government and their cronies and against the rightful protesters.. How much blood money do you receive for your dirty disinformation job???

Seriously?