NACC to mull removal of PM Yingluck over failed rice scheme

webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AlexG, that's not true, government issued its latest bond in January, and was able to do that ony because it was approved before the dissolution (and hence EC couldn't stop it). It has money, but it cannot spend it during elections. EC will scream 'vote buying' and use the excuse to bar them if they do.

Emptyset, once the election is over government becomes the lender not any bank. But that video you included is pretty fair. The initial delay is the failure to sell the rice and hence the need to issue bonds.

B N C that's not true.

The Govt sold 32.6 billion of bonds which were paid to the BACC to pay the banks expenses not to pay the farmers.

That's right, the Govt owed the bank money as well as the farmers and settling the bank debt came first

Just one red apologist wrote something on this thread so far, let's admit it guys its a tough business defending this government this days. Let's be a good fellows and help them out, you know the usual staff. Fascist southern thugs, murderer suthep, vile smart, stone hearted bangkok hiso, biased EC, corrupt CC,PAD all joined together to bring down the matryr of isaan that spent last 2,5 years working hard to improve those poor wretches lifes.

Before you start criticising peoples post's you may want to make up your mind up on just what your beliefs are. For example, remember writing these nuggets of wisdom about the very subjects you mention above as supposed snippets of typical posts from "red apologists"?

Biased E.C

"Is there an election commission in Thailand ? I could swear no such commission existed in LOS by the lack of their direct input in running proper elections."

Corrupt CC

"That is exactly why the system is broken, if constitutional court would not step out of their jurisdiction all the points that i have mentioned earlier would have happen

Election will not fix that, changing the legal framework for goverment to follow and introducing stronger checks and balances system will help."

Suthep

"Well written, but let me correct you. It's a billionaires on one side against a billionaire on the other. One side is out for power and corruption which sounds not very nice but business as usual in LOS while the other guy pretending to be the next messiah is fighting for total control and getting ALL the power in ONE hands and that is plain scary".

"While Suthep is known for getting carried away in his speeches his protest is the one out there trying to fix something which is not right. If there is a very large part of population disagreeing with what he does his enemies would utilise it a long time ago."

Elites

"Red shirted farangs say the anti goverment protestors are controlled by some enigmatic group of elites, i am ready to agree to that, it does not sounds pretty"

So what do you believe (this week)?????????????????

Just one red apologist wrote something on this thread so far, let's admit it guys its a tough business defending this government this days. Let's be a good fellows and help them out, you know the usual staff. Fascist southern thugs, murderer suthep, vile smart, stone hearted bangkok hiso, biased EC, corrupt CC,PAD all joined together to bring down the matryr of isaan that spent last 2,5 years working hard to improve those poor wretches lifes.

Before you start criticising peoples post's you may want to make up your mind up on just what your beliefs are. For example, remember writing these nuggets of wisdom about the very subjects you mention above as supposed snippets of typical posts from "red apologists"?

Biased E.C

"Is there an election commission in Thailand ? I could swear no such commission existed in LOS by the lack of their direct input in running proper elections."

Corrupt CC

"That is exactly why the system is broken, if constitutional court would not step out of their jurisdiction all the points that i have mentioned earlier would have happen

Election will not fix that, changing the legal framework for goverment to follow and introducing stronger checks and balances system will help."

Suthep

"Well written, but let me correct you. It's a billionaires on one side against a billionaire on the other. One side is out for power and corruption which sounds not very nice but business as usual in LOS while the other guy pretending to be the next messiah is fighting for total control and getting ALL the power in ONE hands and that is plain scary".

"While Suthep is known for getting carried away in his speeches his protest is the one out there trying to fix something which is not right. If there is a very large part of population disagreeing with what he does his enemies would utilise it a long time ago."

Elites

"Red shirted farangs say the anti goverment protestors are controlled by some enigmatic group of elites, i am ready to agree to that, it does not sounds pretty"

How many million PTP voters ??

Typical knee jerk response - cannot come up with a reasoned response so resorts to flaming.

abhisit was Prime Minister and chief architect of the 1.4 Trillion Baht "Strong Thailand" package, a key component of which was the dust free roads project which was as about as corrupt as you can get. Was abhisit hauled before the bench, impeached and thrown in jail - what do you think?

No, you and your ilk (*) have decided that a lesson must be taught - preferably when there is not a democratic government installed, now seems as good a time as any, whether there is any merit in it or not.

(*) people not biased in any way, oh no, punishment should be meted out to all, as long as it is the PTP first. Please note that anybody who disagrees with this group is a "stupid red"

Are we still on the 'rice scam' track?

Any news on why the 'blanket amnesty bill' suddenly covered the first two years of the Yingluck government? Surely not because Ms. Yingluck did something?

We're on the alleged "rice scam" track because this thread is entitled

"NACC to mull removal of PM Yingluck over failed rice scheme"

not the "blanket amnesty bill" or "the first two years of the Yingluck Government".

Though I'm sure there's some tired old threads somewhere you can post on and revive if that is your wont.

Edited by fab4

Biased E.C

Corrupt CC

Suthep

Elites

I'm sorry, does your post have a point?

Biased E.C

Corrupt CC

Suthep

Elites

We already have one guy with all the power and although Suthep may well be of the same ilk at least he's here and he leads from the front.

Biased E.C

Corrupt CC

Suthep

Elites

Basically I believe that I see 2 evils fighting for control , I have no delusion of purity of ether. I choose the lesser one. How could I decide which one is lesser, simple for me, group of guys vs 1 guy, decentralisation vs centralisation. You make your own pick.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

'Probing' and 'Mulling' Yingluck seem to have become a daily hobby of late. When will these overpaid and overated prats in assorted supposedly important positions do some real work and actually reach conclusions ?

Will i live long enough to see the results ?

NACC to consider impeachment against Yingluck over rice-pledging scheme

Anuphan Chantana

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) is expected to conclude an impeachment case against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on charges of dereliction of duty over the rice-pledging scheme in two months, commission member Vicha Mahakun said yesterday.

Stressing the importance of the case, the sub-committee investigating the case will today propose that all NACC members join a committee to consider her impeachment.

Vicha said Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva had earlier filed a lawsuit on the same charge seeking Yingluck's impeachment and that the NACC had decided to take it up and work on it in parallel. He added that addressing the issue as a criminal case would take a lot longer.

He said the impeachment case against Yingluck was similar to the one filed against 308 MPs and senators as it involved charges of abuse of authority and corruption.

Abhisit's suit is among eight complaints filed against Yingluck so far.

The former PM filed his lawsuit after launching a no-confidence debate against the incumbent PM, accusing her of corruption, mismanaging the rice-pledging scheme and destroying market mechanisms.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-01-28

Might have known abhisit would file a lawsuit. Not a hint of hubris there because his no-confidence debate case failed, oh no whistling.gif .By contrast nobody from the PTP filed an impeachment lawsuit against abhisit after he survived a no confidence debate (about using unnecessary force to disperse protesters and in the process killing 88 civilians) in July 2010.

What is it with the dems and lawyers? Can't get voted in? Get rid of the opposition through the courts - one could have the impression that the courts were amenable.

The dems , are they a political party or a lawyer support group?

What a stupid red remark, if there is corruption and if she was the chairwoman impeach her send her of to jail. The fact that this did not happen to Abisith has nothing to do with it. Why let stuff like this go unpunished ? To fight corruption you need to punish people, do the same with the democrats, that is much better as not doing anything then people will continue to act with impunity and not worry about the consequences.

punishment should be meted out to all, as long as it is the PTP first.

In the search for equality, I believe the clock could resonably be considered as starting with this millenium, which would mean TRT is first.

Send all the corrupt to prison beginning with the worst of the millenium, Thaksin.

It's a shame the precedent wasn't set back then with a 30 year prison term for his corruption.

Who knows how much corruption that might have been curtailed over the past 14 years since if they had.

Instead of parroting "judicial coup!" why don't you take the time to explain how, allegedly and for example, setting up bogus G2G rice sales to pocket the "sale" money and then re-selling the rice into the scheme is OK?

I never said the rice scheme was OK. It was the stupidest thing EVER! Yingluck's government is a really terrible. It's ironic, however, that this would come at this time. Why didn't it come before when the same truth about the scheme was apparent? It's a political move now that has nothing to do with justice. Yingluck is politically vulnerable and the elite powers that be are looking for any way to rid themselves of her and her brother. Not a bad goal. Their motives are not pure. They are from the same scumbag cloth of the people they are trying to eradicate.The only difference is the democratic process.

When would be a good time? Should the NACC consult with the corrupt to arrange a time of mutual convenience?

Another administrative/judicial styled coup. Excellent. Maybe Thais are evolving politically.

Or they're again the whole scam scheme may be riddled with corruption and certain people guilty as hell.

Let's wait for the evidence. The Shin gang supporters can't keep claiming every criminal act they are charged with is "purely politically motivated" and even if guilty they should be simply let off. Law and order is needed - and applied to all. No one should be above the law.

• Like 1

How interesting. She screws over the farmers...the who supposedly voted her in, but the Red Shirts "still" like her? Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the majority of the PTP, UDD really Red Shirts? And are they not the same ones who are behind the Rice Pledging scheme? If so isn't it time for UDD, PTP and Red Shirts lovers to get a grip on reality. It's getting confusing.

Farmers have been getting paid more, plus the majority of farmers in Issan have been paid, so they probably don't feel "screwed over". However, the corruption is real, no doubt about that. I suspect Boonsong may be moving to the UK soon...

This article is relevant: http://news.yahoo.com/thai-red-shirt-heartland-backs-government-despite-rice-020612799.html

'In interviews with Reuters, farmers in Udon Thani blamed the protesters in Bangkok for delayed payments for their rice.

Donning a green cap with a five-pointed red star as he erected campaign signs for Yingluck's Puea Thai Party, Thongpoon Promying, 61, said the government's critics were deliberately discrediting the scheme.

"It isn't the government's fault," said Thongpoon, a former member of the Thai Communist Party.

"There's money but the farmers' bank is playing politics. They call themselves a bank for grassroots people but they bend to the will of the elite," he added, referring to the state-owned Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives'

There you go...

Just goes to show the complete and utter bullshit that the red side always have and always will spew out of their media. And sadly the farmers just believe it all. Wish more people would wake up to the truth of what is happening here....

I think they already have. Even here in CM the support for the Chinawatras is not what it used to be.

Edited by bigbamboo

Another administrative/judicial styled coup. Excellent. Maybe Thais are evolving politically.

Or they're again the whole scam scheme may be riddled with corruption and certain people guilty as hell.

Let's wait for the evidence. The Shin gang supporters can't keep claiming every criminal act they are charged with is "purely politically motivated" and even if guilty they should be simply let off. Law and order is needed - and applied to all. No one should be above the law.

The Shin gang supporters can't keep claiming every criminal act they are charged with is "purely politically motivated"

They've been at it for nigh to ten years straight and don't seem to be losing any steam.

• Like 1

So she should be above the law, just because she's a politician?

Yep that'll work out just great.

What is the law? Can a PM be charged with negligence because people below her were corrupt even though she wasn't found to be directly involved? I'm not sure that she shouldn't be removed, but it sets a precedent and people will rightly be asking why previous PMs, including Abhisit, weren't investigated when ministers were found to be involved in corruption.

Yes. The PM was chairwoman of the National Rice Committee (or some such). She was responsible.

It would seem that one of the reasons for the extented covering period of the 'blanket amnesty bill' (2004 - 2013-08-09) was to covers ones tracks. Don't tell me Ms. Yingluck or anyone of her benevolent government and non-thinking, only acting Pheu Thai party really is in need of such an amnesty?

Rubl,

I wonder if you have read K Channil's open letter? There is some mention there about the amnesty

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697904-to-barack-obama-mr-president-some-facts-you-should-know-about-the-thai-political-crisis/page-14#entry7349101

Biased E.C

Corrupt CC

Suthep

Elites

I'm sorry, does your post have a point?

At the bottom of your post#66--the very bottom. if you read it said something like out of 30 million voters how can 200,000 of anti gov supporters have a chance to throw out the government, I saw this and thought it was part of your post. so I asked how many of these 30 million were PTP. that's all.

'Probing' and 'Mulling' Yingluck seem to have become a daily hobby of late. When will these overpaid and overated prats in assorted supposedly important positions do some real work and actually reach conclusions ?

I wouldn't mind probing Yingluck.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

This is probably where the Yingluck administration is headed - and not to the anticipated 78 % occupancy of parliament, if the advance voting is any indication. This was always heading to the courts, and that process has taken up steam in a number of areas where it is hard to imagine that the administration has much chance of surviving.

What is the law? Can a PM be charged with negligence because people below her were corrupt even though she wasn't found to be directly involved? I'm not sure that she shouldn't be removed, but it sets a precedent and people will rightly be asking why previous PMs, including Abhisit, weren't investigated when ministers were found to be involved in corruption.

Yes. The PM was chairwoman of the National Rice Committee (or some such). She was responsible.

It would seem that one of the reasons for the extented covering period of the 'blanket amnesty bill' (2004 - 2013-08-09) was to covers ones tracks. Don't tell me Ms. Yingluck or anyone of her benevolent government and non-thinking, only acting Pheu Thai party really is in need of such an amnesty?

Rubl,

I wonder if you have read K Channil's open letter? There is some mention there about the amnesty

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697904-to-barack-obama-mr-president-some-facts-you-should-know-about-the-thai-political-crisis/page-14#entry7349101

- amnesty bill not only helping Thaksin

- amnesty bill still needed passing senate

- more logical explanation ... ...

So, tell me again, why would the bill cover till 2013-08-09 to include two years of Yingluck government? Any explanation or even simple 'mention' ?

Typical knee jerk response - cannot come up with a reasoned response so resorts to flaming.

abhisit was Prime Minister and chief architect of the 1.4 Trillion Baht "Strong Thailand" package, a key component of which was the dust free roads project which was as about as corrupt as you can get. Was abhisit hauled before the bench, impeached and thrown in jail - what do you think?

No, you and your ilk (*) have decided that a lesson must be taught - preferably when there is not a democratic government installed, now seems as good a time as any, whether there is any merit in it or not.

(*) people not biased in any way, oh no, punishment should be meted out to all, as long as it is the PTP first. Please note that anybody who disagrees with this group is a "stupid red"

Are we still on the 'rice scam' track?

Any news on why the 'blanket amnesty bill' suddenly covered the first two years of the Yingluck government? Surely not because Ms. Yingluck did something?

We're on the alleged "rice scam" track because this thread is entitled

"NACC to mull removal of PM Yingluck over failed rice scheme"

not the "blanket amnesty bill" or "the first two years of the Yingluck Government".

Though I'm sure there's some tired old threads somewhere you can post on and revive if that is your wont.

So tell me, why was the Yingluck government so anxious to push through a 'blanket amnesty bill' which somehow got to cover the first two years of Yingluck government as well? Ulterior motives maybe? Guilty as hell maybe? A discussion to be studiously avoided maybe, even in a topic which seems to indicate that the actions of the NACC show such amnesty would whipe out any possible corruption charges? 400 billion Baht somehow lost and no one responsible, certainly no one of Yingluck government responsible?

So why try to divert with non related issues like what the Abhisit government allegedly did with even the Pheu Thai in opposition not blinking an eye? Better stick to the rice scam

• Like 2

I'd prefer not to probe where Arisaman has already probed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well, you might need to book into The Four Seasons

...maybe give her time to flee....it has been the preferred way to deal with pending criminal charges....

I'd imagine that there are a lot if enquiries regarding flights to Dubai or Montenegro, or maybe The Desert Coward is going to walk across the Cambodian border to lead his disciples onto Bangkok.

With all that money gone missing id say that the govt would consider the scheme a resounding success.

More money than they can spend in several lifetimes.

However, I guess they didn't think any further than the crime, blinded with greed per chance?

Guess you could say the rice is coming home to roost :)

So she should be above the law, just because she's a politician?

Yep that'll work out just great.

Wow. Good idea. They could remove Obama for healthcare, or Tony blair for minimum wage or or or.

Negligence in politics is judged at the ballot box. Of course you need a grown up media. Hmmmm.

Eventually thailand with grow up, until then sit back and watch the mess