Pattaya Police appeal for help in locating parents of 5 year old child

webfact

Pattaya Police appeal for help in locating parents of 5 year old child

boy-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Police were called to Soi Bongkot in Central Pattaya on Monday following reports of a 5 year old boy who was sitting on the side of the pavement and appeared to have become lost or was abandoned.

The boy, Khun Moona, was taken to Pattaya Police Station where he revealed the nicknames of his parents, Mr. M and Mrs Ern. He also revealed how he attended the Chaimongkol Temple Nursery. A teacher was called-in to identify the boy but did not recognize him.

Police had no choice but to take the child to the District Women and Children’s Shelter in Banglamung where he will be cared for while his parents are tracked-down.

If you recognize the child and can help to locate his parents please call Pattaya Police Station on 038 424 186 or the case officers private number 087 563 9035.

Source: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/116625/pattaya-police-appeal-for-help-in-locating-parents-of-5-year-old-child/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-01-28

Unbelievable... You would think the parents after not finding the boy, would report it to the police and case closed.

Perhaps they are watching the soapies and just havent noticed.

After parents not contacting the police there would now be real concerns about their welfare. The young lad looks healthy and well cared for.

• Like 2

If the kid really knows what school he goes to yet nobody at the school can identify him ? The child does not know his teachers name ?The child does not know what classroom he is in ? They don't have a list of students that go to the school ? No parents of the other children recognize the child ? None of the school bus drivers (if there are any) know who he is ? They cannot ask the kid about any school supplies he may have at the school which may help the police figure out who he is ? They only ask one teacher at the school ? This investigation makes no sense to me . If the kid went to this school they should be able to figure out who the kid is in ten minutes , if he did not go to this school then they should have said that the kid was mistaken .

Edited by maamoot
  • Like 2

Unbelievable... You would think the parents after not finding the boy, would report it to the police and case closed.

Perhaps they are watching the soapies and just havent noticed.

Or maybe they were trying to get the cash together so the police actually get off their asses and do something.

Maybe Mom thought he was with Dad and Dad thought he was with Mom.

we did exactly that with our daughter, we were going on a family outing to Kanchanaburi using three cars, each thought that our daughter was in another car with

her cousins, we were about 20 minutes out before we realised that she was still at her grand mothers house.

My warm regards to Mr. amd Mrs. idiot.

Parents?

If I lose my child the first thing I contacted with police and let my phone number to them.

I guess this boy an abandoned kid.

Sadly.

Wow, how (TV) judgmental and assuming.

We have no idea what happened to the parents after all.

• Like 1

the boy is FIVE years old!!! surely he can give MORE information about his life than a school name and his parents nicknames!!!

My son was doing this at 2 !!!

5 years old he should be able to give the police a TONNE of information.

and dont they actually take him to the school,,, so he can recognize it to verify if it is his school or not? maybe he said the name wrong and therefore the teacher didnt recognize him!

this case seems like it COULD have been solved if they persevere and tried harder.

None-the-less,, who knows what happened to the parents. maybe they dumped him in pattaya on purpose? maybe they were tangled in some problem and felt it safer to abandon the son? or maybe they are just shocking parents?

surely they have gone to the police by now if they want their son back????

• Like 2

No word about how long he's out on the streets. No information what so ever. But yes all the "so happy" farangs who "love Thailand" have their say. Sure Thailand is bad news to you guys. Just move away to your own country and be mister negative there. Almost every story here I see the negative response and yes some are understandable. But some of you guys just jump in a story and vomit their frustration out. You guys must have a poor and sad life.

• Like 1

This is sad and I hope it ends happily.

It could be that the parents have not considered going to the police because of the deep mistrust of their capabilities which is understandably the case nation wide.

Its very odd that no one at the school recognizes him! or did the stupid police only ask one stupid teacher?

As a parent if I lost sight of my child for just 5 minutes I would be in a panic and straight onto the police for help to find him. Surely the parents have sensed that they are missing something

I suspect the parents want to get rid of him or they would report him missing, in that case they don't deserve to have a child :-(