F1 2014

rixalex

It would had been great if Valtteri Bottas would have taken the pole or at least got the front row. He did explain quite well, that he used the best of the tires maybe too early on the last lap and the best grip was lost at the end of lap.

It's quite amazing how many parameters the drivers and teams have to analyze when they try to figure out the best settings as well as best ways to drive through the corners.

Alonso just mentioned at the qualification interview that he has to take into account how the wind affects otherwise different corners. On top of that, there is rubber on the track, how much the sun heats different parts of the track and where at the shadows etc.

Well with the prize for best pole positions up for grab looks likely to be edge of the seat drama up until end of qualifying in Abu Dabai

The Article 6.7 of the updated 2014 F1 Sporting Regulations reads: "A trophy will be awarded to the driver who sets the most pole positions during the championship season (see Article 36.2). In the event of a tie the holder of the greatest number of second places will be taken into account and, if there is still the tie, the holder of the greatest number of third places and so on until a winner emerges.

At present we have Nico on 8 p1, 4 p2, 3 p3, and Lewis on 7 p1, 5 p2, 0 p3.

It's pretty much open and the only certainty is it will be a Mercedes driver, on thing for sure is Mercedes will have taken most of the silverware this season.

• Like 1

Well Rosberg kind of pooched that 1st lap

Suicidal...

He was lucky that he could do the rest of the race on only one set of new boots.

If he had succeeded, probably would not of held the lead that long.

Looks like the the drivers championship will be going down to the wire, the only way the championship can be won before Abu Dabia is for Lewis to get 34 points more than Nico in the next two races, that's going to mean a lot bad luck for Nico.

Well Rosberg kind of pooched that 1st lap

Suicidal...

He was lucky that he could do the rest of the race on only one set of new boots.

If he had succeeded, probably would not of held the lead that long.

Looks like the the drivers championship will be going down to the wire, the only way the championship can be won before Abu Dabia is for Lewis to get 34 points more than Nico in the next two races, that's going to mean a lot bad luck for Nico.

Rosberg made a great recovery after the first lap incident. Coming back to 2nd after the first lap mistake.

He had to try something to win the race. This time it failed, but it did not cost him anything at the end results.

I was kind of hoping Rosberg would have needed to pit again or his tyres would give up so that my boy Valtteri would have taken the second place. It was the first time I have seen Valtteri being disappointed while in podium as he lost the 2nd place. That's good. He is hungry to win.

Kimi had a bad start and lost some points. I was not happy to see him not being able to overtake other drivers. Hoping some more Sisu for the rest of the season for him.

The baby hyena (Hamilton really need to invest to a new hair cut) got a well deserved win.

The first couple of the laps of the Russian race were exiting. Then.. well boring.

Podium interview was awkward. Far too much Russian fanfare. Credits for Hamilton for giving couple of times "<deleted> are you bubbling" look to the interviewer. :D

Where is Alonso going for the year 2015?

He is no doubt a great driver, but could his attitude towards teams he is working for and demands throw him out of the F1 for the next year?

Suppose next year the track will have a lot more wear and potholes and the tyres will be more degradable...

Something needs doing about the run off areas, it gave Nico a big advantage, maybe a 10 second penalty for all four wheels of the track?

They were quick on the radio to tell Nico to give the place back, wonder who was behind the call?

Well Nico did a fine job of crawling back up the field, but agree Bottas deserved second, pity Nico's tyres lasted 52 laps.

Suppose next year the track will have a lot more wear and potholes and the tyres will be more degradable...

Something needs doing about the run off areas, it gave Nico a big advantage, maybe a 10 second penalty for all four wheels of the track?

They were quick on the radio to tell Nico to give the place back, wonder who was behind the call?

Well Nico did a fine job of crawling back up the field, but agree Bottas deserved second, pity Nico's tyres lasted 52 laps.

All 4 wheels unless a forced error on the run of type tracks. A drive through

I think Mercedes are better off without him... Unless Lewis is looking for a move which I doubt.

Maybe Mercedes are stringing Alonso on, Lewis is signed up for next year... but they have not agreed terms so how can he be? It is a big poker game.

Maybe McLaren are hoping Lewis and Mercedes can not agree terms and Lewis will be released from his contract, I am sure Ron would have him back.

If Mercedes end up with Nico and Alonso next year I suspect there to be a hell of a lot of wheel banging and toys being thrown all around the garage.

• Like 2

ESPN F1 is reporting 10 teams on the grid next w/end. I thought the contracts with at least the newer tracks called for a full grid, which is why Bernie gives Marussia a "donation" out of his charity fund.

Edited by Mosha

ESPN F1 is reporting 10 teams on the grid next w/end. I thought the contracts with at least the newer tracks called for a full grid, which is why Bernie gives Marussia a "donation" out of his charity fund.

Looks like 9 now, only 18 cars running...

The struggling Caterham and Marussia Formula One teams will miss next weekend’s US Grand Prix in Austin, Texas. “Neither of those two teams are going to go to America,” said F1’s chief executive, Bernie Ecclestone, on Saturday.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/oct/25/marussia-caterham-miss-f1-us-gp

No wonder Bernie wants each team to run 3 cars.

May be Mega-Bucks Bernie should buy a few teams...

I mean is the £60Mil he paid the Germans was only loose change.

Edited by Basil B

Maybe the teams should be allowed to drive 3 cars and couple of teams should be dropped out?

F1 could make couple of rules for 3rd car.

- One of the drivers must be on his/hers 1st or 2nd year on F1

- The constructor points for the teams which have 3rd car are either multiplied by 2/3 or have a rule that only 2 best cars will get the constructor points.

The 2/3 rule could be interesting as it would give less points to the teams, but at the same time it would give more TV-coverage to the teams. As well as possibility to have 3 drivers at the podium.

Well it is official, Marussia follow Caterham in to administration...

Marussia have become the second F1 team to be placed in administration within days, leaving up to 200 jobs at risk.

Administrators FRP Advisory said the Banbury-based team would continue to operate but had already withdrawn from the forthcoming US Grand Prix.

Caterham, also based in Oxfordshire, was put in administration on Friday and will miss the US and Brazilian races.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-29784602

Edited by Basil B