All Bangkok's 50 election directors resign

webfact

I'm really bored by this thai soap opera, the ending is obvious..Taksin's demise, the Shins back to China, multiple new political factions, thai democracy moves on, can someone just fast forward this...

Oh boy are you in for a surprise! Too bad betting is illegal in Thailand or I'd ask you to put a bet on it.

I have that bet with my wife, she too thinks Taksin is a clever man, will somehow defy gravity etc... Problem with serial gamblers is that they just don,t know when to stop. Apply some logic to the situation, look at the high level players involved, the fact that the lawful gov cannot govern because every institution in the country is refusing to co-operate, the police, miltary, courts, civil service, banks, all working to the highest possible level of direction, what alternative outcome is there?

Wouldn't disagree with any of that, but I would rephrase "all working to the highest possible level of direction" as "all working to the highest possible level of corruption". It has become crystal clear over the last few weeks that the key institutions are dancing to a tune that does not come from the greater mass of the Thai population. The thing about the high level players, as you aptly describe them, is that they are making the same mistake as their peers throughout history. They look at all their soldiers and castles, battleships and big guns, and they think they are secure behind the walls until the pitchfork weilding mob arrives at the front gate.

The harsh reality for these people is that PTP, or some version thereof, will be winning elections in Thailand for the foreseeable future.....whether they are held on Sunday or put off for a year, makes no difference. They can't afford to allow an election, and that will be their ultimate undoing.

• Like 1

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what the protestors want

postpone elections

PTP step down

Major reform

referendum let all the people decide

election - even if PTP win, the reforms should ensure the government will be focused on the people and country rather than - lying cheating thieving corruption and abuse of power

A replay of the 2006 scenario. If you fail the first time, try again. The sad fact is that "lying cheating thieving corruption and abuse of power" will continue, regardless which political party is in power, regardless what gets written into every new constitution.

What im hoping and i think possibly will happen is they will bring the whole thing down upon themselves, and by that I mean all of them, there is far too much out in the open now to be rehidden. i think everyone is currently cutting their noses off to spite their faces and im pretty sure at the very least the people will not be trusting the amart or listening to them after all this finally ends and things will never be the same again here for it. wink.png

I believe we could really see a fundamental change here in the next decade .... of course we may not but i think they have all overplayed their hands and so disgusting bare hate and arrogant attitude is now on record both written and on film its going to be almost impossible for some not to pay the price whatever happens and i gotta say im loving that part.

• Like 2

Not unexpected at all, and apparently, the only way that they could possibly make the lady see sense.

What is now required is for her to make a public appearance announcing that the election is off, she and her caretaker government are stepping down, Suthep can therefore call off the street protests, and the business of carrying out necessary reforms can get under way.

She must also make it very clear to the Red Shirt extremists that their cause is over, and they should return to their homes; furthermore, anyone caught involved in any acts of shootings or bombing in response to the resignation of the government should be made to face the full extent of the law.

made to face the full extent of the law.cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif wai2.gif

postpone elections

PTP step down

Major reform

election - even if PTP win, the reforms should ensure the government will be focused on the people and country rather than - lying cheating thieving corruption and abuse of power...

A replay of the 2006 scenario. If you fail the first time, try again. The sad fact is that "lying cheating thieving corruption and abuse of power" will continue, regardless which political party is in power, regardless what gets written into every new constitution.

Perhaps if this time round, they try

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/699968-nacc-to-mull-removal-of-pm-yingluck-over-failed-rice-scheme/?view=findpost&p=7357971

then some of that might lessen.

What im hoping and i think possibly will happen is they will bring the whole thing down upon themselves, and by that I mean all of them, there is far too much out in the open now to be rehidden. i think everyone is currently cutting their noses off to spite their faces and im pretty sure at the very least the people will not be trusting the amart or listening to them after all this finally ends and things will never be the same again here for it.

Some amart are already not trusted nor listened to.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700136-all-bangkoks-50-election-directors-resign/?view=findpost&p=7361819

What im hoping and i think possibly will happen is they will bring the whole thing down upon themselves, and by that I mean all of them, there is far too much out in the open now to be rehidden. i think everyone is currently cutting their noses off to spite their faces and im pretty sure at the very least the people will not be trusting the amart or listening to them after all this finally ends and things will never be the same again here for it.

Some amart are already not trusted nor listened to.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700136-all-bangkoks-50-election-directors-resign/?view=findpost&p=7361819

aye and thats just one of a thousand or so laugh.png

BTW did they all resign or was it just 1 and the other 49 threatened or claimed they wanted to as some places are reporting ... not sure either way atm

• Like 1

Lets take a name check on these 50 persons and keep track of where they end up, it is only a matter of time before the Democrats are back in power and no doubt these names will reappear in various 'positions'then.

Yep, another show down of Bangkokian elite. Built a wall around this swamp town. Make it the "Monaco" of the South East. And we continue with our normal business with the rest of Thailand with hard working people who believe in voting right and progress to a better future. Under Yingluck's government.

• Like 2

Lets take a name check on these 50 persons and keep track of where they end up, it is only a matter of time before the Democrats are back in power and no doubt these names will reappear in various 'positions'then.

Yep, another show down of Bangkokian elite. Built a wall around this swamp town. Make it the "Monaco" of the South East.

Monaco?

That sounds very much like elite Thaksin's "Thailand Riviera Project"

(31/08/2006)

The Government has decided to hire a private consulting firm to work out a design macro plan in order to set the direction for the Thailand Riviera project.

The decision was in line with the Cabinet resolution in February 2006 for tourism development in the upper South of Thailand. The project involves four provinces, namely Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, and Ranong. This group of provinces has great potential for further tourism development, as it spreads over a 400-kilometer coastal area.

The Thailand Riviera project aims to develop the upper South into an internationally renowned destination. It will also be linked to eastern coastal tourist sites, such as Pattaya, Sattahip, and Rayong.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=1693&a=2

Oh dear. No ones got any balls around here.

On the contrary, they have demonstrated considerable courage, not to mention common sense.

I'm just an outsider looking in, but either way, they are displaying courage to fight for what they beleive is right and lose their jobs over it. You have to admire that. I could never see that happen in a Western country.

Oh boy............

There should be investigation into this resignations. It is not an isolated resignation but en masse.

Why? Is it illegal for them to resign? Or are you imagining that they were forced to resign or that the resignations are faked? I do agree that if they all resigned together, then it's likely they met and talked about it together. That should be fine too, "joe i think there might be violence and I don't want anything to do with it. Sam, you're right. Better we resign and stay out of it."

There should be investigation into this resignations. It is not an isolated resignation but en masse.

Why? Is it illegal for them to resign? Or are you imagining that they were forced to resign or that the resignations are faked? I do agree that if they all resigned together, then it's likely they met and talked about it together. That should be fine too, "joe i think there might be violence and I don't want anything to do with it. Sam, you're right. Better we resign and stay out of it."

Of course they were forced to resign. Even if they discussed it between themselves there would have been a few dissenters. All 50 resigning at the same time is a bit like tossing a coin 50 times and getting heads every time. It tells you that the game is rigged.

• Like 1

Of course they were forced to resign. Even if they discussed it between themselves there would have been a few dissenters. All 50 resigning at the same time is a bit like tossing a coin 50 times and getting heads every time. It tells you that the game is rigged.

And you have proof? Or just conjecture!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In Thailand where independent thought is a tad bit limited thats solid proof biggrin.png

Edited by englishoak

Why so you can post your <deleted> about Thailand having a constitution like the US's right to bear arms.. you fascist B)

Intemperate language.....always a sure sign of an argument lost!

Read this and weep:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-28/thailand-s-unrest-prompts-investor-shift-to-neighbors.html

"Three months of political turmoil in Thailand is starting to benefit neighboring economies, as fund managers pull money from the country, long-term investments are reconsidered and tourists avoid Bangkok."

Mr Suthep seems to think that he has to destroy Thailand in order to save it, but most Thai citizens and businesses just want a stable country with elections. If most of the people don't like who has been elected they can vote them out.

Mark my words, the more this goes on the more people are being forced onto one side or the other, it is getting harder to stay neutral. I refuse to be manoeuvred into a position of supporting one side or another.

Not one thing in the past week or so has given me pause to think things are improving or that they will in the coming months. Im taking a long hard look at the next few days if its actually worth even continuing business here if it means being based in BKK. I doubt im the only one.

You have said enough to be RED, If you aren't with Suthep you are against him.

You get locked up for "quitting" the army...in "any democracy".

That, my friend, was a mighty weak analogy.

Soldiers and so-called public servants both use their particular skills to serve the greater good of the nation. But that's where the similarities end. Hell, you could say that of engineers, farmers and icecream men.

Gawd forbid I ever live in a country where the elected official is sworn to blindly follow the orders of the lowest ranking man above him.

I'm just saying that he said that no one in any democratic country can get locked up for quitting their job...which is clearly false.

I'm not saying that in this case these people should be put in prison.

You were trying to be a smart arse.

So they want to run the election no matter what.

Faster back to the trough and faster to hide the evidence from the committees looking at them harder now.

Who are they going to install to run it for them?

50 people found in a week with the skills to do this is a tall order.

Or will they just PTP party friends and family members into the seats as a technical patch?

This doesn't seem an easy fix, and they can't run and election without people to 'run and election'.

Realities have never seemed to bother Thaksin in his drive to beat everyone else.

Edited by animatic

All election directors of Bangkok’s 50 districts have resigned en masse, Somchai Srisuthiyakorn, a member of the Election Commission revealed today.

bah.gif

I wonder how much bribe Khun Somchai is taking home from this move, Election Commission sold to highest bidder

sick.gif

It's quite obvious that if they were able to be bought by the highest bidder that they would have been in Taksin's pocket a long time ago (as Taksin has all of the peoples money to throw around as he sees fit). Kudos for making this sacrifice and taking a stand election directors.

• Like 2

Checkmate Thaksin. He can now enjoy the rest of his life in Dubai. Never mind by the time the courts are finished the rest of the mafia family may want to join him. On the way out Yingluck should have the morals and decency for once in her puppet life and with conviction cede governance and call for meaningful reform.

I would call it 'check' not 'checkmate.' Thaksin is not done. His main goal, even more important than running Thailand, is getting that money back. Money is his God. He still has more mischief to make. He can still tell police and taxi drivers and Chalerm and Yingluck what to do. I'm sure he has some stink bomb secret weapons up his sleeve. And there's the other sister.

Were none of you people in Thailand in August- months before the amnesty bill was proposed- Do you not remember the protesters were already encamped in LUmphini?

The amnesty bill was just the excuse they needed to enlist the top Democrats in their dream to restore Thailand to its pristine pre-1932 beauty.

Do you not remember the form of gov't proposed by Sonthi and Chamlong back in '05?

This is old money rallying to enemies of some people who have conflicts with new money- and rationalizing it in terms of

thaksin- Every society has gone (usually two hundred years ago) through the same conflict-

It is not about hatred of Thaksin (among those who 'matter'- ) it is about hatred of the prospect of redistribution of political power to the provinces.

Were they? Pass Lumpini nearly every day with office in UCL, but didn't notice.

The 'blanket amnesty bill' undemocratically pushed through parliament led to a spontaneous protest by Bangkok people, mostly middleclass. They wondered by the 'blanket' was put in the amnesty bill proposal, why the covering period extended to include the last two years of Thaksin and the first two of Yingluck. They wondered aloud why two readings and votes in slightly more than 24 hours. They wondered about the PM saying 'it's not done, more to follow, go home, wait'. Under pressure we had PM Yingluck trying to wask her hands of things with 'don't blame me, it's up to the senate' and more 'go home and wait'. Next a Senate speaker trying to get a quorum together to get a quick senate vote. Of course no pressure from the government.

Now tell me again your story of how the anti-government protest is just against redistributing political power to the provinces?

Actually the interesting thing is I know a couple of well educated red shirts - they also was opposed to the amnesty bill, because it would let Abhisit government off the hook for the crackdown on 2010 protesters...

Apart from that - there were protest against the government . that is thai political tradition - 4-500 yellow shirts were protesting - but seriously no one was taking notice...

The amnesty bill was the political suicide - actually the democrats was in normal state of politics (as performed in Thailand) but with absolut majority the government didn't consider listening to any opposition - and kept lending money from the outside world... To pay the CityBank economy system they tried to enforce...

Old money new money - no no no - go into Bangkok, to MBK - ask peoples WHY the hell they are there - and I can guarentee You they are NOT there to protect any form of old money, or money at all, yes most I know are annoyed to pay tax to a government that is openly corrupt... Peoples I have been talking to in the MBK camp is there to get reforms... As they say "shutdown Bangkok - to restart Thailand" - ALL Thailand... Not the south, not central, not the north east but Thailand...

And as I am born in a democratic society I hope they will succeed...

Pity none of them can enlighten everyone how the reforms can be done, and by whom?

Anyone can draw a mob in Thailand, if as you say you ask people why they are there, why not push them a little further and get some of their solutions to the problems. I am sure you would be met with many blank faces, other than vague reference to a 'People Council', of which no one has any detail, other than the 'leaving politics for good' person would be secretary General and his step son be Chairman of the council, and lots of 'good people' like General Prem, Anupong etc would be on the council.

• Like 1

Broken record time again. You forgot to mention 'caretaker' and '500 baht vote'. If you don't have anything original to add to the discussion it would be better to stay quiet.

Why so you can post your <deleted> about Thailand having a constitution like the US's right to bear arms.. you fascist cool.png

Troll times ten.

Fascist? Right to bear arms fascist? Thailand with a constitution fascist?

You sound prodigious.

As the current government are so sure of their victory in any election, why is it that they don't just say "OK, the people want to delay, so we will delay, as it will not make any difference."... or maybe they are worried as they realise that it probably will make a difference?

postpone elections

PTP step down

Major reform

election - even if PTP win, the reforms should ensure the government will be focused on the people and country rather than - lying cheating thieving corruption and abuse of power

and if the reforms include life ban then we won't have the constant rechurn of the same criminals taking office every 5 years

And the continuation of no one answering the very pertinent questions:

postpone elections- For how long and who will have authority in the interim?

PTP step down- Personally i have no problem with this, other than the precedent of a small mob ousting a Governement from power can set.

Major reform- By whom? and what reform? You really think either Government, judges or people of power are going to crack down on their own gravy train?? Who can do this?

referendum let all the people decide-

election - even if PTP win, the reforms should ensure the government will be focused on the people and country rather than - lying cheating thieving corruption and abuse of power- I think the genuine worry is that the persons (are they corrupt to) who 'undertake'the reform would go very far reaching in changing the way elections are worked to ensure only 'good' persons are allowed back in. There is no way they are going through all this trouble to get rid of TS and then let him win a vote again.

• Like 1