All Bangkok's 50 election directors resign

webfact

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Checkmate Thaksin. He can now enjoy the rest of his life in Dubai. Never mind by the time the courts are finished the rest of the mafia family may want to join him.

On the way out Yingluck should have the morals and decency for once in her puppet life and with conviction cede governance and call for meaningful reform.

and then be voted back in as PM..... not a bad idea.

Please tell us what she have done for the ordinary Thais during her 2,5 years in power. Should be a very short list.

• Like 1

Did those of you who posted negative comments towards the resigned officials not see that it is a reasonable action

in the face of not being able to discharge your duties.

Maybe this will finally give enough time to the commission and to the candidates to get some work done.

unfortunatly sir,you wont get reason on here they cant bring themselves to keep quiet,...truth hurts you know,,its ok to be wrong,just take it ..wai2.gif

• Like 2

Quitting parliament need some sort of punishment. What the democrats did is anti-democratic and is first steps to a failed state. minimum 3 years in prison if resigning as MP without a good reason. Disagreeing with other MP is not a good reason. Disagreement is the foundation of Democracy, quitting is not.

Same should go for public appointed jobs like this. Quit or don't do you job and you should be held personally responsible.

• Like 1

I can't believe that they have only just realised that a quorum would not be elected and the elections would be useless.

It is the quorum that is the easiest thing to change :)

Change it downwards for 6 - 12 months so parliament can sit ... problem solved.

Dreadful show of ignorance from anybody saying this is not a judicial coup in the making.

Just don't be surprised if half the country rise against it if it suceeds. Failed for the past 2 years, and their attempts now are very clumsy and no pretence at anything other than getting Suthep in,.

Must be frantic now the Army not coming in. Can't BTW as the Army is as inept and corrupt as the police, we just don't see it so openly. They could not rule the country after a coup....

• Like 2

The EC wad responsible to protect thd early election booths. The EC leader failed to fo so. But i do agree, unless significant action is not taken by police and military, therd can be no election.

Craxier by the day. Lojs like BJK feels they ARE the country!

Given the fact that many posters on this and other threads have mentioned the fact that Suthep and his crowd are anti-foreigner, I find it amazing that so many seem to want the man to get what he's aiming for.

I sincerely hope that, as we're all exiting the kingdom without our money, homes, possessions, valuables, dogs, hopes, dreams and even families, you remember to thank him for giving you the opportunity to return to your beloved home countries where you can live in style and continue failing to understand the reality of life.

If I meet any of you on the way out - watch out!

Ridiculous.......

The caretaker PM has again shown how unwilling she and her cronies were for any compromise in any attempt at reform, by another very simple task of conceding to a few months postponment of elections.

Who is up to oversee nationwide polling booths, for a Sunday election? The Foreign minister, DSI and the Labor minister are so busy making threats, they have no time. Doubt that any of the 3 would dare to travel to a public voting booth, much less try to direct traffic..The PM seems to have landed in this cesspoll with both designer boots, so she should be easy to follow, just follow the stench and the brown marks to the next declaration of their authority, that she or her spokespeople utter.

• Like 2

I can't believe that they have only just realised that a quorum would not be elected and the elections would be useless.

It is the quorum that is the easiest thing to change smile.png

Change it downwards for 6 - 12 months so parliament can sit ... problem solved.

Dreadful show of ignorance from anybody saying this is not a judicial coup in the making.

Just don't be surprised if half the country rise against it if it suceeds. Failed for the past 2 years, and their attempts now are very clumsy and no pretence at anything other than getting Suthep in,.

Must be frantic now the Army not coming in. Can't BTW as the Army is as inept and corrupt as the police, we just don't see it so openly. They could not rule the country after a coup....

Changing the constitution just for the occasion, just for six-twelve more months of Shinawatra's? Now that would be a judicial coup to which the CC will not be party luckily.

So this is the most democratic approach you can think of?

• Like 1

trying to leave out the emotion, can someone (who knows) explain the significance of this eg is it game over for the election on Sunday or could the govt just insist that the EC finds 50 more to fill the (now) vacant positions in time for Sunday?

Edited by wordchild

He says

TAKE NOT MORE THAN 4 MONTHS.

Please someone tell me that we dont have to putt up

with the crap in Bangkok for 4 more months. NORMALITY PLEASE

Doubt there will be many small businesses left open if this is the case.

Wonder how much the unemployment rate has gone up since this started.

Will this make them happy and go home.

There is a great Hitler sketch in all of this somewhere if someone

can rework the ones on youtube.

I mean on both sides as well

Did those of you who posted negative comments towards the resigned officials not see that it is a reasonable action

in the face of not being able to discharge your duties.

Maybe this will finally give enough time to the commission and to the candidates to get some work done.

Suthep has openly stated many times his plan to sabotage any election until he has first neutered Thai democracy.

I'll leave it to the courts to decide if he is guilty of sedition etc. He's already been charged. It seems like everybody has been charged, is suing, or is counter suing, or is being investigated by a special committee of (your favourite acronym here.)

However, without any protection whatsoever of the polling stations, and mob rule in the streets in Bangkok I'd probably resign too. I would do it out of disgust.

• Like 2