Protecting Your Data When Traveling Abroad

Tywais

I'm a strong advocate of redundant backup systems. I have two backups at home, one internal drive and one external. I also have the same backup on two drives located at a physically separate location, my office.

The same for cloud storage can be done. I have the following free cloud storage accounts.

Microsoft SkyDrive

Google Drive

Asus cloud storage - came free with my Asus tablet

CX

Dropbox - Also the add on Boxcryptor which automatically encrypts files before putting them on the Dropbox cloud.

I've been back and forth dozens of times. Never been asked to open my laptop. Never.

To what countries please?

Pretty much only between here and the US. A few times from Europe. But I do remember years ago you use to have to turn your laptop on. It was a real pain as they took so long to boot!!!

I've been back and forth dozens of times. Never been asked to open my laptop. Never.

To what countries please?

But I do remember years ago you use to have to turn your laptop on. It was a real pain as they took so long to boot!!!

I had a Gateway computer at the time and can relate with that. Worse, if your battery was dead than you had to dig out your power adapter, if you remembered to bring it along, and plug it into a power outlet. biggrin.png

• Like 1

i was randomlay seltected to be searched 3 years ago on a trip into sf, he opened my bags, but didn't look at the computer or the external hard drive

i aksed him why and he told me they select every 10-14 passenger at random.

He was a nice guy and we were talking as had my camera equipment an when i told him i lived in Thailand he was all , "How is it" still only took about 5 minutes