thai police interested in my GF!

deavenger

my gf has open a small decent noodle shop.

Last week when i was in her shop , a policeman came and had lunch but stayed for an hour.

He noticed I was not thai and spoke to me in english and during the conversation , he commented my gf was lovely..

from that instant i knew what he was after...

however I had to leave thailand that same day..

However my gf told me he has been coming everyday and even told her.. if i dont come thailand , he wants to go after her....

I am not too concerned about her cheating.. but she is clearly disturbed ..

everytime he comes to shop,.he ask her to call me.. and wants to speak with me.. however he is well mannered..

my question is..

is he able to arrest me for no reason when i am in thailand?

is he able to make it difficult for her shop if she does not welcome his approaches?

What are our rights against police as citizen or tourist?

Anyone we can turn to if we encounter dishonest policemen ?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does he speak to you on the phone about..?

he is friendly.. ask me how is the weather in my country, ask me when am i coming to see her again?

my gf is not rude to him but is not showing too keen to talk to him as well...

I new this would happen one day..!! darn...

hope someone can give some advise to counter

Be nice to the policeman, invite him out when you go drinking. If you're a reasonable person (happy, calm, generous, etc) he won't screw you over and you'll be able to count on him if you have problems with other people.

so far .. we are not hostile...

she only answers what she needs to .. and if he tries asking pushy questions, she just smile and tells him .. she already has a bf..

if i am nice and brings him for drinks.. would i been seen as bribing him?

he is also very interested in know what i work.. and also ask her how much i earn..

I fear he wants money...

Edited by deavenger
  • Like 1

Transam made a good point. Never even help her work in that shop.

Mate if you trust her then that's that.

i dont doubt her.. i know thai women are a pack of lies..

however she has opened everything about her to me...( its not just words but seen evidence )

maybe he knows you cant support her as he will know that any girl working hard in a noodle place isnt really being taken care of. therefor he considers her within his grasp.

it is not common for a girl to work selling noodles if she has a supportive ferang boyfriend. that is possibley why he is inerested in your earnings

You trust her, and I am sure she is faithful. This is not the issue and I am not commenting on that. You know!

It is accepted that Thai men need Giks or Mia Noi's. This is especially prevalent for men in authority, have power or are just rich. She is not married to you so could be considered as fair game whilst you are away. I am sure his niceness towards you is much more loaded towards getting his way whilst you are away. Another reason might be geared towards a monthly contribution to his tea fund.

Difficult situation. How often are you absent?

• Like 1

maybe he knows you cant support her as he will know that any girl working hard in a noodle place isnt really being taken care of. therefor he considers her within his grasp.

it is not common for a girl to work selling noodles if she has a supportive ferang boyfriend. that is possibley why he is inerested in your earnings

oh... good point...

my reason why i want her to open her own shop ..

I want her to work for her money.. of course initial investment is from me.. but i dont get a cent..

however I am still subsidizing..

Transam made a good point. Never even help her work in that shop.

Mate if you trust her then that's that.

i dont doubt her.. i know thai women are a pack of lies..

however she has opened everything about her to me...( its not just words but seen evidence )

Now now, don't throw all Thai women into that group.

Your trolling us now.

sorry mate..

so how much does it cost to set up a noodle place and what is the potential monthly profit.

it is not in the city.. but in rama 2

startup is about 130,000 baht

as I say.. still not able to see profit much as she has to learn how to bring down the cost...

food cost is high... trying many ways to bring down the cost.....as in looking for cheaper ingredients..

monthly rent is about 3500 baht..

A lot of farang are to scared to let their mrs work incase she runs off with customers, encourage her to work and if she needs to start her own noodle shop support her it's not expensive.

I'm watching channel 3 just now chompoo is on...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

so how much does it cost to set up a noodle place and what is the potential monthly profit.

it is not in the city.. but in rama 2

startup is about 130,000 baht

as I say.. still not able to see profit much as she has to learn how to bring down the cost...

food cost is high... trying many ways to bring down the cost.....as in looking for cheaper ingredients..

monthly rent is about 3500 baht..

well you sound like either a nice guy or a troll. if you are the former then accept my appologies :)

A lot of farang are to scared to let their mrs work incase she runs off with customers, encourage her to work and if she needs to start her own noodle shop support her it's not expensive.

I'm watching channel 3 just now chompoo is on...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

yah .. thats what i am doing now...

Be nice to the policeman, invite him out when you go drinking. If you're a reasonable person (happy, calm, generous, etc) he won't screw you over and you'll be able to count on him if you have problems with other people.

Personally, I think that is poor advice.

Drinking leads to emotional release.

If OP follows your advice, gets slotted and tells him what he really thinks of the copper ... well ... whistling.gif

• Like 2

does she deliver

you mean do delivery?

no man, i mean does she dee liver. you know like liver in the noodles. i like a bit of liver with me noodles man.

sorry its just my accent. where i come from when we say do it sounds like dee

hence does she deliver - dee liver - do liver

so does she - i mean does she deliver?

Edited by jonesthebaker