Thai wives and stereotypes...

krisb

Yep, been there, the other aspect to this that i get a lot in the Uk is the stares and looks of disapproval, as though i was with a woman much too young !w00t.gif

I get the "dirty old man" looks. The wife is actually 12 years younger than me, she's 43, but looks much younger, like most Thai / Asian women they dont show their age in the same way most western women do. I put it down to jealousy !thumbsup.gif

Not many thai woman at 43 look much younger. In a few years when she is late 40s she will look much more than her age, like most thais. Yuck, time for a newer model

I beg to differ on your first sentence, and if you have a good faithful wife, you won't want to trade her in for a newer model, because it is highly likely that the newer model will soon leave you for a younger guy, unless you are very rich. Even at that, the chances she is screwing around will be high.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the typical western guy, but I enjoy having a spotless home, I enjoy good food, I enjoy not having to fight to get things done, I enjoy having a partner who gets me my beer, I enjoy the massages and no I don't know about 'those girls' because she's the first get I've met like this who doesn't ask for anything in return.

I would say both partners are getting stereotyped at the same time, sometimes for obvious reasons & more so in the tourist areas by ignorant westerners, I usually retaliate in some smart way & gf would say "why worry what other people think or say" grrr.

I really enjoy it when they bow their heads or look away when they realise my Asian gf is absolutely more stunning than them :-)

Edited by age4short
  • Like 1

yeah... so all thai ladies either work in bars, and/or do drugs, are just after the money, and of course, their only goal is get settled in the west, oh and for the other side of the rainbow, they are all toms... giggle.gif

My wife is not a huge fan of Australia. I can narrow that down to she is a family girl and she misses them even though they are only ever a phone call away. So not always the case of get me into a new country. Of all the Thai girls living out of Thailand, most given the choice I would say would prefer Thailand.

It's called money.

It's why she's with you.

I remember the first time I went to a pub in London with my Thai (ex) wife. A guy came over and asked how much I paid for her.! Outrageous! But to be fair, when he came around his mates made him come and apologise. And he bought us a drink which cost more than the wife.whistling.gif

Just in case you get asked this again, "half as much as your sister cost me" will liven the conversation up a little :)

I remember the first time I went to a pub in London with my Thai (ex) wife. A guy came over and asked how much I paid for her.! Outrageous! But to be fair, when he came around his mates made him come and apologise. And he bought us a drink which cost more than the wife.whistling.gif

I think in that situation you are completely justified to knock him on his ass. No one has the right to do that. Would that be justified if your wife/girlfriend was a Westerner? Of course not -- it never is.

... and finally this guy was right. Wasn't he? How much cost did you pai for nothing? This question (sadly) is a rather common by the man who has taken Thai wife.

Have had the same experience in a few bars in Australia , difference was never received an apology

I know that in the US you cannot react violently to situations like that one, probably the same in Australia, UK, and many other countries...to no get into trouble but.......I am Brazilian...and I will not wait for an apology . Probably that is the reason why you rarely will see that kind of attitude in South American countries...and the reason why I no go to some places with my beautiful younger wife..even here in Thailand.

I suppose it depends on where in the USA. Many Places in the USA insulting someone's wife would be fightin words.

yeah... so all thai ladies either work in bars, and/or do drugs, are just after the money, and of course, their only goal is get settled in the west, oh and for the other side of the rainbow, they are all toms... giggle.gif

My wife is not a huge fan of Australia. I can narrow that down to she is a family girl and she misses them even though they are only ever a phone call away. So not always the case of get me into a new country. Of all the Thai girls living out of Thailand, most given the choice I would say would prefer Thailand.

It's called money.

It's why she's with you.

I got my wife a green card for the USA and she would not stay because she could not get thai food before 10 am when the thai restaurant opened.

That was 14 years ago. Boy have things changed since then.

It's called money.

It's why she's with you.

In that case, mine should've left me about twenty three years ago when we were eating baked beans on toast and living in a crappy one bedroom unit with a baby on the way. Maybe she's just 'different' (or could be playing the long game) - I'll ask her for clarification after we get home from work.
  • Like 1

At least you get, let's say, better responses than the ones I get about my wife.

Daughter: Dad did you have to find a prostitute and get married?

Dad: But darling, she has been a nurse for the past 20 years and never been a prostitute.

Daughter: Ah these are the worst, they only come to you to grab your money.!!!!!!!!!!

Relatives: Did you have to get married to a monkey? Couldn't you get a Greek woman?

Me: But I was married to a Greek woman before, she got all my money and run away with her boyfriend.

Friends: You dirty old man, you paedophile, you got married to a woman 25 years younger than you?

Me: But she is 40 years old.

Friends: Has she got any good looking relatives to come there and have a good time?

And the questioning on these lines goes on and on.

I've given up telling everybody how happy and content I am with my wife.

Nobody believes me and nobody wants to know.

They can suit themselves.

Ever thought you are living in the wrong place,or seriously the wrong Country. Where I come from,people in general mind their own business,most like my wife (females) and seek out her company. Personally, some speak to me, some don't,but it's never been an issue,and I don't lose any sleep! Seems like it's mostly down to the Civilised circles one moves in,and those that know where their bounderies lay!

If they start talking to you and your wife in a disrespectful manner,these are not your friends,and never will be,avoid them and move on,and find some more people,who are more intelligent,worldly, and broad minded!

All I know is that my friends back home are quite envious of me. The majority (not all) are in dead marriages, some sleeping in separate rooms, etc. I cruelly send them photos of me and my gf on vacation in (to them) exotic places, or the better-than-overseas-Thai-restaurant food she makes for me, etc., etc. (though I don't do it to 'rub it in'). Perhaps a few of them will think that she's hanging on for a financial windfall one day (though I'm only in my early 50s and proudly 'kee niao') or else assume she is/was a prostitute or bar-girl (she was neither). Maybe my female friends back there will think a 20-year age difference must be exploitative. But I don't care about that sort of uninformed thinking. If it makes them feel better, then good for them. But even if I don't know the future, I know that I'm in a happier place than most of them right now (and for the past decade in fact). I wouldn't want my girlfriend to 'hear' the stereotyping but it doesn't matter to me because I put it down to envy and/or ignorance. [Though I do worry about it a little in a work context. i.e., when dealing with western professionals who may make attributions about one's 'character' based on one's 'family life'].

"All I know is that my friends back home are quite envious of me. The majority (not all) are in dead marriages, some sleeping in separate rooms, etc. I cruelly send them photos of me and my gf on vacation in.....

Best to avoid the lording it over your mates,if it all goes wrong,don't expect too much sympathy,they will surely remember,and rub your nose in the S***.

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

All I know is that my friends back home are quite envious of me. The majority (not all) are in dead marriages, some sleeping in separate rooms, etc. I cruelly send them photos of me and my gf on vacation in (to them) exotic places, or the better-than-overseas-Thai-restaurant food she makes for me, etc., etc. (though I don't do it to 'rub it in'). Perhaps a few of them will think that she's hanging on for a financial windfall one day (though I'm only in my early 50s and proudly 'kee niao') or else assume she is/was a prostitute or bar-girl (she was neither). Maybe my female friends back there will think a 20-year age difference must be exploitative. But I don't care about that sort of uninformed thinking. If it makes them feel better, then good for them. But even if I don't know the future, I know that I'm in a happier place than most of them right now (and for the past decade in fact). I wouldn't want my girlfriend to 'hear' the stereotyping but it doesn't matter to me because I put it down to envy and/or ignorance. [Though I do worry about it a little in a work context. i.e., when dealing with western professionals who may make attributions about one's 'character' based on one's 'family life'].

"All I know is that my friends back home are quite envious of me. The majority (not all) are in dead marriages, some sleeping in separate rooms, etc. I cruelly send them photos of me and my gf on vacation in.....

Best to avoid the lording it over your mates,if it all goes wrong,don't expect too much sympathy,they will surely remember,and rub your nose in the S***.

Fair point, though I'm not really lording it over them... We send photos and stories to each other, just mine are different from the usual 'weekend at the cottage' fare. And I'm fully aware it can go wrong, which is specifically why I wrote "I don't know the future". That said, having been burned in a divorce back home years ago, I'm not one to put all my eggs in a single basket....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Fair point, though I'm not really lording it over them... We send photos and stories to each other, just mine are different from the usual 'weekend at the cottage' fare. And I'm fully aware it can go wrong, which is specifically why I wrote "I don't know the future". That said, having been burned in a divorce back home years ago, I'm not one to put all my eggs in a single basket....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I routinely send pictures back to the States for my childhood friends to see what awaits them, if they ever awake from their tranquilized or drunken (or both) states and their miserable lives with their miserable wives.

I have gone thru the fire and know personally that the enjoyment found in thailand, with what is still a great US Dollar exchange rate, is not worth the winless fight of trying to make the old fattened, sexless wives of theirs, ever turn back to the slim, pretty and smiling brides they once knew............

my wife was at least still in fantastic shape and all her body parts in fine working order, which were worked on daily,

but she was bat shit crazy as menopause kicked in, and wouldnt stop smoking cigarettes even though breast cancer was spreading thru her bones....

enough was enough,

now, instead of being the thankless martyr, I send them pictures of my 32 year old thai g/f who looks 21...

they can all curse me all they want

Many people don't seem to have the brains they were born with. I have had the same problem. We fix it with the wife flashing her engagement ring. It certainly works in the UK.

Once they see the engagement and wedding ring their attitude changes.

Having said that, you have to feel sorry for such small minded ignorant people. After all they have to live with themselves

• Like 2