GASOLINE worth 10 thb more/liter ? Good to use sometimes because of additives ? Gasohol enough ?

GASOLINE worth 10 thb more/liter ? Good to use sometimes because of additives ? Gasohol enough ?

Hello,

As I know that many people have been talking about it, can you give a short and clear answer ?

Do you pay 10 baht more per liter to use regular gasoline or do you prefer to pay less and use gasohol ?

I guess that gasoline is also more expensive because of some additives to clean engines ? Or maybe it's just marketing ?

Maybe using expensive gasoline sometimes is useful if you always use gasohol ?

Thank you for your ideas.

You won't get quite as good gas mileage with gasohol. There simply isn't as much usable energy in alcohol as there is in gasoline.

I am opposed to gasohol because the alcohol is made either from food such as corn, or other plants grown on land that could grow food. So while there is plenty of oil and gas in the world, we burn food while millions starve.

• Like 2

I have experimented a bit between 95 gasohol and benzin, but at the end I get no better mileage or HP, so now I just use gasohol.

However, since I leave and park my car 2 month at the time, I do fill the last tank with gasoline, to avoid any corrosion from the water in the gasohol.

How old is your car? Is it a fuel injection?

I have experimented a bit between 95 gasohol and benzin, but at the end I get no better mileage or HP, so now I just use gasohol.

However, since I leave and park my car 2 month at the time, I do fill the last tank with gasoline, to avoid any corrosion from the water in the gasohol.

BMW 2004.

Yes, it has fuel injection and some fancy Aid Mass Meter to optimize the fuel mix.

I even tried 0-120 km/h acceleration test with both gasohol and benzine. Both on a flat road, but too much variation in times to see a difference.

• Like 1

Simple:

If your car is designed to run on gasohol, run it on gasohol.

If your car is designed for benzene, run it on benzene.

There's no benefit to running a gasohol car on benzene, and running a benzene car on gasohol is detrimental.

• Like 2

BMW 2004.

Yes, it has fuel injection and some fancy Aid Mass Meter to optimize the fuel mix.

I even tried 0-120 km/h acceleration test with both gasohol and benzine. Both on a flat road, but too much variation in times to see a difference.

I am only asking because I have a fuel injection car, and I run it on Benzine (when I am not in LPG mode) and find it very expensive, about 48B per litre. I wonder if I should change to 35 gasohol, which is much cheaper. It is a very old engine.

I've just got a new car and not sure what to run it on. Certainly it can run on 91 gasohol but what about e20 gasohol ? I've read that e20 can be detrimental for the car or give such bad mileage that's it's not worth saving the 3 baht or so per litre.

• Like 1

I've just got a new car and not sure what to run it on. Certainly it can run on 91 gasohol but what about e20 gasohol ? I've read that e20 can be detrimental for the car or give such bad mileage that's it's not worth saving the 3 baht or so per litre.

What car is it? Many new cars can run on E20, so jut use that. I have not found any benefit running our swift on E10 vs E20. Not even bothered to try straight benzene.

• Like 1

What car is it? Many new cars can run on E20, so jut use that. I have not found any benefit running our swift on E10 vs E20. Not even bothered to try straight benzene.

A Mitsubishi Attrage. The filler cap says E10 or E20 but the Owners Manual says a minimum of 91 octane but no more than 10% ethanol.

Is there a E20 sticker on the rear wind screen.

A Mitsubishi Attrage. The filler cap says E10 or E20 but the Owners Manual says a minimum of 91 octane but no more than 10% ethanol.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You won't get quite as good gas mileage with gasohol. There simply isn't as much usable energy in alcohol as there is in gasoline.

I am opposed to gasohol because the alcohol is made either from food such as corn, or other plants grown on land that could grow food. So while there is plenty of oil and gas in the world, we burn food while millions starve.

In Isaan there are many, many areas that the land is only suitable for growing sugar cane, cassava, eucalyptus, oil palm or rubber trees. Not all ethanol comes from land that is suitable for growing food crops. Besides at the present time there is no shortage of food, there might be a distribution problem, but there is lots of food. Just look at the 15million tonnes or so of rice sitting in silos rotting away. Maybe they should use it for ethanol.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

you cannot mix water with motor spirit, it is probably condensation from a half empty/fulll tank

you cannot mix water with motor spirit, it is probably condensation from a half empty/fulll tank

Errrr ethanol blended fuels (gasohol) are hygroscopic. If there is any moisture/condensation in the tank it will be absorbed by the fuel.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

I'm sure the starving millions are grateful for your sacrifice.

I'm sure the starving millions are grateful for your sacrifice.

Great if the starving millions got a job and bought all the excess food, then we could afford more cars and use more fuel.

Errrr ethanol blended fuels (gasohol) are hygroscopic. If there is any moisture/condensation in the tank it will be absorbed by the fuel.

Fractional distillation will only concentrate ethanol to 95.6%, the remaining 3.5% is water. It is possible to remove the remaining water with solvents, but I doubt it is done for fuels. The water will of course not separate out because, as you say, alcohols are hygroscopic.

In countries where they use 100% ethanol as fuels, they have side glasses at the pumps with a red, yellow and green colored floater, so you can see the quality of the fuel as u fill up.

• Like 1

the point would be valid if food produced on these fields would really be sent to the hungry.

the point would be valid if food produced on these fields would really be sent to the hungry.

Yep there's plenty of food in the world...it's dumb economics and politics that keeps farmers from growing it and hungry people from eating it. Just look at Thailand, millions do tons of rice rotting away in warehouses because of bad economics/politics.