Court accepts protesters' petition against DSI chief Tarit for malfeasance

webfact

So pro-Govt supporters . . . you always claim how things are politically motivated when judgements and decisions don't go your way . . . with regards to Tarit and the DSI, do you not also see the hypocrisy and double standards involved in how the Police and DSI operate under the behest and direct control of PT?

The DSI action was SOP. It wan't out of the ordinary. When groups are engaged in alleged criminal activity, the government can and will freeze assets during an investigation. The assets were not seized which is certainly more liberal than what happens in North America. If the police believe anything is a proceed of crime, the prosecutor's office obtains an order and the property/cash is seized and the former owner then has to try and get it back.

I dont read anything about Tarit obtaining an order from any sort of judiciary body to freeze bank accounts/assets. He is nothing more than a glorified Cop, witch has overstepped his authority again. But spin away GK and defend another one of your hero's, it always good for a laugh.

These courts might have new masters when this is over.

Lot of people loosing a lot of money here now and even if it all ended this Sunday, the money would drop off for another 6 months to a year.

Courts need to look longer term now. Do we TRY to oust Government and end up with years of stalemate or protests or do we try to keep democracy alive.

It would be interesting to see what's in Tarit's bank accounts, including any overseas accounts he might have accumulated. Perhaps he will be investigated at some point in the future. He seems amenable to whoever is in power and has truly developed the DSI into a political enforcement arm of the government to deal with its opponents.

Pity about the original purpose of the DSI to take on cases that the police either wouldn't take on or shouldn't because police are the suspects. That was never going to work anyway with DSI staffed up exclusively with former policemen.

Edited by Dogmatix

So pro-Govt supporters . . . you always claim how things are politically motivated when judgements and decisions don't go your way . . . with regards to Tarit and the DSI, do you not also see the hypocrisy and double standards involved in how the Police and DSI operate under the behest and direct control of PT?

The DSI action was SOP. It wan't out of the ordinary. When groups are engaged in alleged criminal activity, the government can and will freeze assets during an investigation. The assets were not seized which is certainly more liberal than what happens in North America. If the police believe anything is a proceed of crime, the prosecutor's office obtains an order and the property/cash is seized and the former owner then has to try and get it back.

I dont read anything about Tarit obtaining an order from any sort of judiciary body to freeze bank accounts/assets. He is nothing more than a glorified Cop, witch has overstepped his authority again. But spin away GK and defend another one of your hero's, it always good for a laugh.

I think he ordered the freeze under the ISA which I have never analysed in detail. There is probable some wording that might be interpreted as giving this authority subject to certain conditions but this type of thing is always subject to interpretation later and I would guess he is on shaky ground. CRES, of which he was a member, was also supposed to track down funding for the 2010 red shirt riots and freeze accounts but nothing much ever happened then.

I think he ordered the freeze under the ISA which I have never analysed in detail. There is probable some wording that might be interpreted as giving this authority subject to certain conditions but this type of thing is always subject to interpretation later and I would guess he is on shaky ground. CRES, of which he was a member, was also supposed to track down funding for the 2010 red shirt riots and freeze accounts but nothing much ever happened then.

This lawsuit stems from the bank accounts frozen in December, well before the SOE was enacted.

From the OP.

Tarit Pengdith summoned 17 PDRC leaders for their role in leading political demonstrations and ordered commercial banks to freeze their assets in 28 local and foreign banks last December.

Is that really the most sickening thing you can think of? Because by their nature, dictorships always have to keep power, by using force. It's so inevitably! If you block the majority from voting you will end up using force against them, sooner or later, as they challenge your power grab.

So how come a simple thing like clearing polling stations prior to an election is so hard? It's because the people who do it are so corrupt in the pockets of the elite that they won't do their jobs.

DOH! clear polling stations, don't let anyone in - because how do you tell the difference between protesters and voters.