Auto Trivia

bazmlb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmmmmm, OK, how about the BMC (British Leyland) A series engines, as fitted to many small cars including the Mini.

Regarding the Mini, other than performance differences, bearings, crankshaft etc, there was one thing the Cooper S engine had that the basic Cooper or Mini didn't have.

What was it. smile.png

Do you give up on this one ? smile.png

Try this one, Ford (UK) in their Granada range originally used the 2.5 or 3.0 V6 Essex engine to be replaced with the 2.8 Cologne lump. There were two major changes in internal design. What were they. whistling.gif

Geared cam and siamesed exhaust ports?

Try this one, Ford (UK) in their Granada range originally used the 2.5 or 3.0 V6 Essex engine to be replaced with the 2.8 Cologne lump. There were two major changes in internal design. What were they. whistling.gif

Geared cam and siamesed exhaust ports?

You could be right on exhaust outlet, but other stuff. They both had cam gears. smile.png

Hmmmmmm, OK, how about the BMC (British Leyland) A series engines, as fitted to many small cars including the Mini.

Regarding the Mini, other than performance differences, bearings, crankshaft etc, there was one thing the Cooper S engine had that the basic Cooper or Mini didn't have.

What was it. smile.png

I give up mate, answer please T/A?biggrin.png

What was it. smile.png

OK, Cooper S had 11 head studs/bolt, all the others had 9 studs..........smile.png

What was it. smile.png

OK, Cooper S had 11 head studs/bolt, all the others had 9 studs..........smile.png

Guess I forgot to put the 's' on the end of 'stud'.

biggrin.png

Transam here's a V8 question for you.

2 unusual American V8s in the last 30 years had 60 degree Vs and crankshaft with offset big end journals.

Which engines?

Hmmmmmmm, Ford did a 351 60 Clevland, and the old flathead was (I think), don't know if there is another unless I googly.

Ford Taurus SHO 3.4L DOHC V8 developed with Yamaha and apparently not one of their best from the 90's.

Cat 3408 18L V8 as used in some 80's trucks, 988B loaders, 631 scrapers, D8 dozers etc.

They both have weird looking cranks.