What Sandwich do you wish you could find here and if you do where in Pattaya?

TheWizardofRnR

Do you find it?

Pardon me to put this in this forum ,but you don't really get enough feedback in the FOOD Forums .

So I thought being one of the Original Deli & Diner Chef's in Bkk @ The Derby King on Patpong I in 1989 and Cheeseburgers in Paradise in 1988 @Paradise Bar in Phuket .Plus 14 years a@ RockHard Cafe in Patong and our own Big Bill's Deli for 3 yrs. in Patong ,Phuket too. I have seen many people come and go in F&B over the last 27 years. So , I ask kinda like a poll ,name your Sandwich and if you think its just like home where can you get it in Pattaya?

The Sandwich can be from anyplace in the world , but please don't enter SUBWAY or any Fast-Food Places....Sub Shops ok ,Delis ok bars and restaurants fine but other then that Can you name your 2 Top Picks ??? BB

Post a pic if you got one , I posted a Philly Cheese-steak and a Italian Amer. Hot Sausage Parm Hero Actually a Meatball -sausage combo is my fav!

post-35854-0-67347900-1391140263_thumb.j

post-35854-0-50019200-1391140289_thumb.j

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second the Fat Boy choice in Cambodia. The owner of one of the shops told me it would be impossible to do it Thailand - too much greed and corruption.

For Thailand the closest I have seen to good is at the deli counter in the Landmark Hotel in Nana Bangkok. Indian owner I think.

The Bangkok bakery is not too bad either. Chiang Mai probably has some good choices too.

Edited by BugJackBaron
  • Like 1

Enjoy , but 7-11 is a fast food microwave and your definitely not a fussy eater !

The Togos looks interesting , but not familiar with the Phnom Penh place.

Which sandwiches are your choice? Not just the place !

http://www.fatboysubs.com/

Believe that's the Italian pictured there...salami, pepperoni, and ham. They also bake their bread daily and have lots of fresh veggie and hot pepper choices and sauces like Italian vinegarette, ceasar, and ranch. Not cheap...the pictured sandwich is almost US$ 10 but it's huge and delish! Just had one last week on my cambo visa run :)

http://www.fatboysubs.com/

Their Prices are a little bit higher , we only did a normal NY size sandwich of 12" , our Philly Cheese-steak was 180B about less then 6$ now....it looks like he is limited on types of meat offered ,using filet instead of Rib-Eye and if its cooked and seasoned properly and not using much processed stuff , should taste ok...I hate too much fuss over the Bread like Subway makes,but not the fuss over the Meats!

Enjoy , but 7-11 is a fast food microwave and your definitely not a fussy eater !

Toasted ham and cheese is not microwave. Just goes to show how much you know about fine dining

• Like 2

A (hot) roast pork, with stuffing and gravy, in a baguette (some pork crackling too).

Used to be able to get them years ago in The George & Dragon (Soi Xcyte), but haven't seen / heard of anywhere else since.

If anyone does know of somewhere doing a reasonable one, please advise.

A (hot) roast pork, with stuffing and gravy, in a baguette (some pork crackling too).

Used to be able to get them years ago in The George & Dragon (Soi Xcyte), but haven't seen / heard of anywhere else since.

The 'Oz Burgers' van on the juncton of Soi Diana and Buakhao (sp) do a good 'hot' roast beef and onion baguette with horseradish (if required) tell them to grill the bread though, my one was way too soft and it just fell apart, but the filling is very good.

I was In Phnom Penh recently, shame I never knew about fat boys then sad.png

• Like 1

Almost anything savory, except pastrami or corned beef as don't care for them, as long as it is on a proper chewy Jewish rye bread (kimmel) with lots of caraway seeds. Perhaps it's best that I can't find kimmel rye bread here, as I'd probably be happy almost living on that stuff.

The 'Oz Burgers' van on the juncton of Soi Diana and Buakhao (sp) do a good 'hot' roast beef and onion baguette with horseradish (if required) tell them to grill the bread though, my one was way too soft and it just fell apart, but the filling is very good.

An Aussie burger does not have horseradish. They should be sued. And if it did not have beetroot, it was a fake.

An Aussie burger does not have horseradish. They should be sued. And if it did not have beetroot, it was a fake.

We are not talking about burgers, Go back and read my post again.

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1

Toasted ham and cheese is not microwave. Just goes to show how much you know about fine dining

When I was a Chef totally intoxicated or after tripping ,we would sneak into 7-11 about 3AM or later to scoff down their Cheesey Nachos ,and score some Rolling Rocks!

Don't tell me about fine dining Nachos &&RR!

But I only refer to the microwave that sits in I think every 7-11 in the world !

They make a combo one with a toaster now , so how do they do it at the 7-11 you got to, I mean Toaster ovens are even cheaper then microwaves! post-35854-0-28476800-1391158970.png

post-35854-0-49044900-1391159133_thumb.j

post-35854-0-18941500-1391160082_thumb.p

Thailand and 7-Eleven team up to launch anti-plastic bag campaign; this topic is on Thai - Visa now

If you ever go back, be sure to stop in...an expat favorite right below the infamous Sharky Pub on St. 130.

If you ever go back, be sure to stop in...an expat favorite right below the infamous Sharky Pub on St. 130.

The guy who ran Sharky's was ??? Dave and he was gone and restaurant was closed back when I went a few years back

Liverwurst & Swiss on a toasted Kaiser, a few fat slices of Bermuda onion, with mayo, mustard and horseradish. Seaside Market, Bridgeport Connecticut.

I had a really great Arabic beef sandwich of some kind the other day, but I don't know remember what it was called. I don't know what any of that stuff is, I jut order something that looks good in the pictures.

I love eating the Vietnamese Bahn Mi rolls especially if they are on bread rolls that do not contain sugar. Lettuce, tomato, onion, coriander,chives plus a few slices of beetroot tops them off. Avocado is nice on them too. i actually prefer them without meat.

Don't know if i have ever seen them in Pattaya but It has become almost a staple food in Oz.