Public Health Society announces boycott of election

webfact

Public Health Society announces boycott of election
The Nation

The Public Health Society Friday announced a boycott of the Sunday election.

BANGKOK: -- The society is comprised of various clubs and agencies in the Public Health Ministry, four medical schools and seven medical organisations.

A statement from the health society said members of the society would perform civil disobedience by refusing to exercise their voting right.

"February 2 will be another day when health professions will express their civil disobedience by not going to vote and not endorsing the legitimacy of this stubborn government," the statement said.

It said the members of the health society would rather decline to exercise their voting right than to allow the government to cite their right for legitimacy to perpetuate its power.

The society also issued an open letter, which said the society decided to boycott the election because it supported political reform before the election.

Meanwhile, another group of doctors announced that it would hold a ceremony to light candles for peace and to show support for the election. The ceremony would be held in front of the Office of Permanent Secretary for Public Health at 8pm on Friday.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-31

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cylon post # 2

Idiots

Why do you make such a comment Cylon?'

They are exercising their rights not to vote, the spoiling of ballot papers is also a comment in line with a refusal to vote.

Democracy sometimes works in strange ways

• Like 2

Cylon post # 2

Idiots

Why do you make such a comment Cylon?'

They are exercising their rights not to vote, the spoiling of ballot papers is also a comment in line with a refusal to vote.

Democracy sometimes works in strange ways

Because a 'group' or an 'organization is not a 'they'.

mamypoko post # 5

One can but only presume that you have never been a member of any organisation, trade union., professional body, military unit etc which might have made comments that concern you and the subsequent actions you were expected to follow?

They going to enforce it then? Idiots was not strong enough a word. These people have no clue as to what it means to give up your voting rights for all time.

Luckily.. Yingluck will protect their rights for them during this period of insanity.. ooopss sorry, should I mention Period with all those eductate medics. Remember how they sniggered about it last month. They had no end of fun snearing about her periods, sanitary towels and vaginal surgery did they. Oh how we laughed..... at them, not with them smile.png

They think they got the timing right and it will pressure the Government. All it does is show their allegience to Suthep!!!

Luckily.. Yingluck will protect their rights for them during this period of insanity cheesy.gif

While your entitled to your opinion, You'll forgive me if I think you talk a load of crap.

• Like 2

pipkins post # 6

Luckily.. Yingluck will protect their rights for them during this period of insanity cheesy.gif

ggold post # 13.

While your entitled to your opinion, You'll forgive me if I think you talk a load of crap.

ggold

I think you'll find that the comments made by by pipkins in his posts could best be described as both insanitary and insanity.

• Like 1

pipkins post # 6

They going to enforce it then? Idiots was not strong enough a word. These people have no clue as to what it means to give up your voting rights for all time.

Luckily.. Yingluck will protect their rights for them during this period of insanity.. ooopss sorry, should I mention Period with all those eductate medics. Remember how they sniggered about it last month. They had no end of fun snearing about her periods, sanitary towels and vaginal surgery did they. Oh how we laughed..... at them, not with them smile.png

They think they got the timing right and it will pressure the Government. All it does is show their allegience to Suthep!!!

All your comment shows is your slavish devotion to a clan bent on total political dictatorship

22 years of watching rich corrupt Thais hold the country back.

I saw first hand the improvements under Thaksin.... and so did most of thailand. BKK is not Thailand and the 100-200 on the march today prove they are a spent force.

Only the media not portraying this again.

Tell me this is a 6 million man march. Didn't even hold up traffic in some parts or it.

BfSaYK1CQAIgHoH.jpg

About 50 people in that photo. Using PDRC's weighted voting, if 300000 in Bangkok are worth 15 million votes in the provinces then thats 2500 'special peoples' votes.

This video below is one of the PDRC numkin who spouted that 300k = 15 million nonsense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xtcvkWAMWo

I wonder if his 300k in Bangkok = 15 million in the provinces also applies to the South? To Surat Thani provincial voters too? So much for democracy if this lot ever get power again.

Actually these people are smart. My wife works at one of the ministries and they were just told by a supervisor to make sure they go vote sunday. They were told that all the people who vote will be counted as a person who agrees with YL and disagrees with boycotting this election.

Since she is at work right now she has not had a chance to watch or read news today so i tend to believe her. Maybe this public health society also is aware of this which pushed them to announce their boycott of this election?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

pipkins post # 6

All your comment shows is your slavish devotion to a clan bent on total political dictatorship

I saw first hand the improvements under Thaksin.... and so did most of thailand. BKK is not Thailand and the 100-200 on the march today prove they are a spent force.

Tell me this is a 6 million man march. Didn't even hold up traffic in some parts or it.

BfSaYK1CQAIgHoH.jpg

I think only the most cretinous people could actually vote and love someone who murdered more then 2000 of their own countrymen.

Give me 300 dollars to improve life me, me love you long long time. It ok you kill Thai!

• Like 2

mamypoko post # 5

One can but only presume that you have never been a member of any organisation, trade union., professional body, military unit etc which might have made comments that concern you and the subsequent actions you were expected to follow?

If by 'One' you mean you, then we all know the dangers of making assumptions.

I won't give a resume, but I still keep that funny short haircut.

...and if a supervisor or superior told his/her charge to vote a particular way and I was included in this group...I might just tell that person (read organization) to go eat a bag of dirt.

This is a threat of a few executives of the society. The purpose is to sabotage a democratic process. How had they got the opinion and feelings of the members? As a society, if the members' opinions were not asked, such action has violated election law as well as law related to a registered society.

• Like 1

pipkins post # 6

What a ridiculous thing to say - someone disagrees with these people, and lets face it most thinking people would find it odd that people would voluntarily give up rights taken for granted all over the world to be ruled by an appointed committee headed by a deeply corrupt scoundrel with far worse democratic credentials than Thaksin, and you condemn them for "slavish devotion to a clan bent on total political dictatorship".

Interesting logic on your part.

• Like 1

pipkins post # 6

BfSaYK1CQAIgHoH.jpg

I think only the most cretinous people could actually vote and love someone who murdered more then 2000 of their own countrymen.

Give me 300 dollars to improve life me, me love you long long time. It ok you kill Thai!

Spend a few moments researching this claim before you throw up posts like this. Was Thaksin guilty? Yep, but he wasn't the only one. There are more than a few standing on the protest stages who have blood on their hands. Work out why the Dems, with Suthep as deputy PM, killed the inquiry ... How far up did these killings go?

You really don't want to throw these stones as they'll come flying back towards you.

Edited by Snig27

Spend a few moments researching this claim before you throw up posts like this. Was Thaksin guilty? Yep, but he wasn't the only one. There are more than a few standing on the protest stages who have blood on their hands. Work out why the Dems, with Suthep as deputy PM, killed the inquiry ... How far up did these killings go?

You really don't want to throw these stones as they'll come flying back towards you.

I'm sorry but add all the 'blood on the hands' of all the protest leaders and it still won't add up to the 2000+ murdered by Thaksin. I can't think of any Thai leader in recent history that has killed 2000 of his own countryman. That's quite an achievement isn't it?

• Like 1

This is a threat of a few executives of the society.

What is your evidence of that? Are you a member of the Public Health Society?

if the members' opinions were not asked, such action has violated election law as well as law related to a registered society.

Oh, nevermind.

You have no evidence.

First you make a declarative statement.

And then follow it up with "I don't know, but if" sort of nonsense.

What a ridiculous thing to say and lets face it most thinking people would find it odd that people would voluntarily give up rights taken for granted all over the world to be ruled by an appointed committee headed by a deeply corrupt scoundrel with far worse democratic credentials than Thaksin

What a ridiculous thing to say that "most thinking people" would find any Thai politician in recent history has "far worse democratic credentials than Thaksin".

This is a threat of a few executives of the society.

What is your evidence of that? Are you a member of the Public Health Society?

if the members' opinions were not asked, such action has violated election law as well as law related to a registered society.

Oh, nevermind.

You have no evidence.

First you make a declarative statement.

And then follow it up with "I don't know, but if" sort of nonsense.

Four members of my related families are medical professional. One of my business is related to healthcare.

The evidence is that some doctors are now asking voters to support the election.

Are they speaking on behalf of all their members?

icommunity was positive they weren't.

Well, at least until the 3rd sentence of his declarative post.

On the basis that they haven't balloted the members, I would think not. Authoritarian nonsense.

Unions got rid of public show of hands years ago.