Red Shirt supporters told not to wear red

webfact

Ms Thida expressed sympathy to farmers who have not been paid for the rice they sold under the rice pledging scheme and criticised some commercial banks for refusing to extend loans for the government’s payment.

“UDD members will stage protests against those banks on behalf of farmers countrywide after the election,” she said.

Here we go, it's not the government's fault, it's the nasty banks not giving them loans for paying the farmers.... facepalm.gif

To be fair. If Yingluck had not yielded to Suthep they would be paid by now. The problem for Yingluck is that under her rule the government is selling rice, but not Thai rice, rather inferior imported and vastly cheaper rice from Cambodia and who is getting the money? This tidbit of info comes from a person within the government that on Tuesday applied for a high paying job at a recruiting agency that a certain person works for. He is sick to the bone of what is happening, myself included...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How would they have raised the money, considering the last time they tried (before becoming caretakers), they only got half the amount they were looking for?

The government would simply raise the interest they're willing to pay, as they get more desperate, after all it's not the Shin-Elite who will have to pay the loans & interest back, is it ? wink.png

It's always easy to spend 'Other Peoples' Money', than your own, which is why this whole speculating-in-rice scam was carried-out by the Thai government, working without the support & agreement of the other major rice-exporting countries, rather than some anonymous businessman in the Middle-East dealing in rice-futures.

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure there will be some sporadic violence, but Suthep supporters simply do not have the numbers to cause major problems. Provided the red shirts can remain disciplined for the next 36 hours or so, then the conflict will be practically won.

• Like 1

Ms Thida expressed sympathy to farmers who have not been paid for the rice they sold under the rice pledging scheme and criticised some commercial banks for refusing to extend loans for the government’s payment.

“UDD members will stage protests against those banks on behalf of farmers countrywide after the election,” she said.

Here we go, it's not the government's fault, it's the nasty banks not giving them loans for paying the farmers.... facepalm.gif

To be fair. If Yingluck had not yielded to Suthep they would be paid by now. The problem for Yingluck is that under her rule the government is selling rice, but not Thai rice, rather inferior imported and vastly cheaper rice from Cambodia and who is getting the money? This tidbit of info comes from a person within the government that on Tuesday applied for a high paying job at a recruiting agency that a certain person works for. He is sick to the bone of what is happening, myself included...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are speculating that they would have been paid by now. I am not so sure. I think the 2.2 trillion infrastructure loan wouldn't have happened, so they wouldn't have that money. They would have had to borrow the 180 billion and it's not clear that that would have happened for sure either, or at least not at interest rates they would have paid. On the other hand, if they hadn't dissolved parliament it's possible that they could have found some way to come up with the money, or at least put things off saying they had more G2G deals and that the farmers just had to wait a little longer for the government to be paid. It's entirely possible that dissolving parliament when they did was their best shot at trying to deflect blame.

Another clueless individual believing that she is important enough to be heard. You have failed the people you profess to represent and then you have the audacity to blame the banks for not extending credit on money your leaders stole. Maybe its time to get off your medication, or brain washing, and realise that your beloved leaders caused this mess.

• Like 1

As much as I'm not a fan of the red shirt movement or people I have to say that this is one of the most sensible things I've heard a leader say.

Could it be that they are actually developing a political mind and progressing onwards from the "wear red and carry a big stick" philosophy?

I am sure there will be some sporadic violence, but Suthep supporters simply do not have the numbers to cause major problems. Provided the red shirts can remain disciplined for the next 36 hours or so, then the conflict will be practically won.

Won? Can't see any winners yet. I agree that the election going off successfully and peacefully is essential. However it's just the first step. PT cannot rule in the manner they have for the past three years. Corruption needs to be cracked down on, someone who understands economics needs to make policy, the law must be obeyed and not used as a weapon, thaksin either comes home and goes to gaol or cuts all links to Thai politics and PT, all involved in the protest violence need to be prosecuted, no more blanket amnesties, a South African truth and reconciliation type committee to decide who should be banned/gaoled/exonerated with UN or ASEAN facilitators to ensure impartiality and justice, an education policy built upon substance and a real goal to create an educated, thinking, independent populace rather than flashy gimmicks, all these and more are required before anyone can say Thailand has won.

• Like 1

Unbelievable - right? One assumes that in order to be the MD or Chairman of a bank , a certain amount of intelligence is required. You'd have to have the IQ of Forest Gump to agree to lending this government any money relating to the Rice Scheme!

So she's going to deflect the blame for the rice scheme onto the banks.

Crude, desperate, simplistic, unethical, ridiculous, and laughable enough that it will probably work.

I've said it before, more 'Gaul' than Asterix.

Unbelievable - right? One assumes that in order to be the MD or Chairman of a bank , a certain amount of intelligence is required. You'd have to have the IQ of Forest Gump to agree to lending this government any money relating to the Rice Scheme!

I doubt if Forest Gump would have had anything to do with lending this pack of thieves money just so they could feather their own nests with it.

Thida Thavornseth, leader of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), said she received a report regarding unscrupulous people possibly wearing red outfits feigning to be UDD members in creating unrest – an activity that could eventually lead to a coup.

What a load of crap ! Seems she went to the same 'lack of ethics' school as Taksin. At least when they were wearing red you could clearly see the violent mob coming at you....