Air Asia flight To Udon Thani for visa run

I see the Air Asia morning flight time has changed again and now they are leaving at the even later time of 7:50, will I have enough time to get to the Thai consulate or has anyone gone on this flight recently while on a visa run?

Nok Air doing a 6 a.m. flight but round trip works out just under 700 baht more expensive

That would be a pretty tight schedule to make it to the consulate on time. You might consider a late afternoon or early evening flight and spend the night before. No rush at all that way.

Have you checked Nok for flights listed for Vientiane that are a fly/ride service via Udon.

Tried it a couple of days ago. Got to the border at 10am but it was ridiculously slow.

Didnt get through to past 12.

called Air Asia to try to change my flight and as it was under 48 hrs they wanted me to fax them proof from the embassy to prove I was waiting for a visa.

The Thai Embassy abliged and I sent the information. My gf called to tell them we had sent the info and they then wanted info that we were married. <deleted>!

Ended up booking the return flight with Bangkok Airways. Turned out cheaper than booking another flight with Air Asia and they had food and a tv.