Last Meal ?

ford8

3 POW's an American, A Brit. and an Israeli facing execution, were given the opportunity for release if they could answer a question each.

To the American "Vot vos der namen of der Battleship sunk by der Bismark ?"..

"The Hood"

OK

To the Brit "How many died ?" .

OK

To the Israeli " Vot ver der names and addresses ?"

Nyotaimori could be perfect for the occasion.

nyotaimori_17.jpg

There used to be a Restaurant in Perth, Western Australia (Oxford Street Leederville) in the 1980s where food was served in the above manner but they were required by the Health Department to place a layer of Plastic Wrap over "the human PLATE" before placing the food on it.

Didn't last for very long though as the "Do Gooders" grizzled enough to get the joint closed.

There was one of them in Sukhumvit...had several nights there.

I would start with jumbo shrimp cocktail then get new York strip steak with garlic butter on top.a side of asparagus and a half pound baked potato with extra butter and sour cream.wait at the same time I would like a pound of Alaskan king crab legs.and to finish it off a beer and some whiskey

As I wouldn't need to worry about the fat in the meal...fried lamb kibbeh (ground lamb, pine nuts and bulgur) as appetizer, Morroccan bstilla(filo dough stuffed with chicken cooked with saffron and spices, scrambeled egg, and almonds with cinnamon and powdered sugar on top) as appetizer, fesunjuhn (Persian duck, ground walnut and pomegranate molasses stew), candied sweet potatoes, romaine salad with roquefort dressing, for dessert chocolate fudge cake from the Cheesecake Factory in California served with Ben and Jerry's New York super fudge chunk ice cream

and downed with a bottle of Rene La Lou Champagne (any vintage).

Wow! Great Choice!

Seems to me you have spent some time thinking about this.

Your not emailing us from Prison, are you?

Unrealisitic meal:

Mom's Chicken Parm with pasta with saute mushrooms/garlic drowned in her tomato/pesto sauce with her garlic bread.

Her 3/4 baked cherry cake or moist chocolate cake from 100% scratch.

Realisitc meal:

Mushroom Risoto with tomato/pesto pasta and sausages.

I'd probably die before the execution..

Beluga Caviar

Foie Gras

Duck Confit

Époisses Cheese

Lemon Meringue Pie

White Chablis with the two first dishes,

Bordeaux Château Margaux

Champagne with the Pie

Mniam... Mniam...

Your execution will be canceled too. BTW Seems an urban legend to me ...

I'll have rocket salad with parmesan chesse, tomatoes, parma ham and balsamico for starters, 4 Cheese pizza with black olives, lamb- chops with princess beans and roasted potatoes and Khao Niau Mamooang (with sweet coconut milk...not the salty stuff).

With that, I would like a good sparkling mineral water and a liter of crystal white beer.

No, I'm not emailing from prison! I had just recently made a list of food i wanted to make that I missed eating from back home. The idea was to get people coming here to visit to bring me one or two ingredients that were not perishable and either can't easily get here or are too expensive. I have started cooking one of the dishes every couple weeks. Don't have the space to really cook much here and then the cost to get the ingredients can also be quite a lot or difficult to find.

I just made the fesenjuhn a few days before and froze several portions so i can have it when the urge hits. I was taught to make it by one of my friend's mother when she came from Iran. B'stilla I used to make for New Year's eve dinner parties served along with a full multi-course Moroccan dinner. I've orded b'stilla appetizers at Crepes and Co. but they don't compare to my recipe. It takes almost a full day with marinating the meat etc. That is for some time when I have nothing to do.

Rene La Lou champagne was my favorite back in 80's. I used to buy it by the case as it was difficult to get. Now it's virtually impossible or way to expensive to get even a bottle.

Unfortunately the dull answer to these things is that I believe it isn't whatever you want at all and they do have a menu and budgets, etc which is kind of obvious when you think about it

Killjoy. sad.png

Correct....boring.....