Chongchom border crossing still open ?

Expect to pay around 1,300/1,400 Baht for a visa run at Chong Chom.

Crossing is open from 6 am to 10 pm 7 days a week. And cost could go as high as 1500 baht. 1200 for Cambodian visa and 300 for u-turn.

Who is charging you the 300?

I have never paid anything but the visa for Cambodia at Chong Chom. Some of the Khmer have tried to get 200-300B for not staying 24hrs, but I have always told them no! They look at you and wait 1-2 minutes and then stamp your pass port. If you stand your ground you wont need to pay.

Evisa as stated not accepted and it is $28 including all the taxs'/ cc charge

I have NEVER in the past 4 years paid more than $20 for a 1 month visa there nor been asked to pay more,

but then i have 8 or so Cambodian stamps in my passport with a few extensions as well on an Ordinary visa

I have NEVER in the past 4 years paid more than $20 for a 1 month visa there nor been asked to pay more,

but then i have 8 or so Cambodian stamps in my passport with a few extensions as well on an Ordinary visa

20% of those that enter Cambodia at Chong Chom get their visa for $20. The other 80% pay 1000 to 1200 baht. If doing a border hop they normally get stung another 300 baht for the U-turn.

Myself as well. Never one baht more than us20 although I was hassled more than usual last trip.

Try this:

Smile

Say: No

Smile

Leave

20% of those that enter Cambodia at Chong Chom get their visa for $20. The other 80% pay 1000 to 1200 baht. If doing a border hop they normally get stung another 300 baht for the U-turn.

would love to know how u get these numbers?

do u stand there day in, day out counting as i am sure the Cambodian authorities do not keep records laugh.png

do u stand there day in, day out counting as i am sure the Cambodian authorities do not keep records laugh.png

I admit it is only a estimated guess but I do live in KC and inter react with those that are going across and with officials at Kap Choeng Immigration and Chong Chom Border Crossing. I'll take my numbers any day.

• 1 month later...

I admit it is only a estimated guess but I do live in KC and inter react with those that are going across and with officials at Kap Choeng Immigration and Chong Chom Border Crossing. I'll take my numbers any day.

I can confirm that I have seen him sitting outside M & D Coffee collecting number plates in his notepad........

Seriously, I would hesitate to doubt the numbers of kwaibah who is the authority on Kap Choeng/Chong Chom in view of how close he lives.

If I wanted any up to date info on either place, I would go to him first.