Gunfire and bomb explosions rock two protest sites in Bangkok

webfact

judging by an amatourish performance, a big chance that locals are showing, what they think about bangkok shutdown.

wait till tomorrow for an escalation of violence around polling stations

A very valid point, you may be right. If the red shirts had done it, it wouldn't have been amateurish, they have a lot of experience at shooting, bombing and intimidation. Thanks for pointing that out.

Nothing like taking sides and labeling about 55% of a population.

• Like 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A very valid point, you may be right. If the red shirts had done it, it wouldn't have been amateurish, they have a lot of experience at shooting, bombing and intimidation. Thanks for pointing that out.

Red shirts are 55% of the population? They are not even that strong in Chiang Mai, or Udon, or anywhere else in the red "heartland".

• Like 2

Can someone please give me a plausible explanation for why these attacks aren't hitting anyone?

I just can't believe that they could consistently miss their assumed targets with bullet after bullet after bullet, night after night.

If you fire a fully-automatic weapon into a crowd and you don't hit anyone, you should definitely consider turning the gun on yourself. You have failed at life.*

*Does it count as a flame if I'm insulting terrorists?

It's to scare the protesters, hoping their numbers will dwindle. They have been pulling sh*t like this, every time the numbers of protesters swell, like they did last night, on several stages. Thaksin knows, that if he lets too many more protesters get murdered by his red mob, there will be a coup, so now he is telling everyone just to scare people, not to kill them. Then again, I think, he will have a hard time keeping his pitbulls on a leash, as things keep going. wai2.gif

Kurtgruen another distinguished scientist who has now gathered all the facts and actually knows the people that did the act. Maybe give all your facts to the police so they can ,make the arrest... What a joke blink.pngblink.pngcheesy.gif

I think a lot of these "attacks" are more warnings as opposed to intentionally kill / maim. The attackers are putting a rein on the protestors as to how far they can go.

Bovine excrement...

These are PTP thugs who are worried that they have a lot to lose if they lose power and control of government, they will and have killed.

Edited by Basil B

"Security guards of the Peoples Democratic Reform Committee were coordinating with the police and soldiers to inspect the damaged truck and collect evidence."

Impressive that the security guards , with all their skills,have now added forensics etc.

How many people does it require to inspect a damaged truck? Could be one of those lightbulb conundrums in the future?

Irrespective of who the perpetrators were, good to see there were no injuries.

I think a lot of these "attacks" are more warnings as opposed to intentionally kill / maim. The attackers are putting a rein on the protestors as to how far they can go.

Bovine excrement...

These are PTP thugs who are worried that they have a lot to lose if they lose power and control of government, they will and have killed.

Not with ping pong "bombs" they haven't.

I am always impressed how many TV members always seem to have the inside track on who did what and why etc,well ahead of any official announcements.

Or? Perhaps the official announcements are not issued until the respective powers have consulted TV?

• Like 2

judging by an amatourish performance, a big chance that locals are showing, what they think about bangkok shutdown.

Amatourish performance? Ever found a professinal performance here?

• Like 1

Can someone please give me a plausible explanation for why these attacks aren't hitting anyone?

I just can't believe that they could consistently miss their assumed targets with bullet after bullet after bullet, night after night.

If you fire a fully-automatic weapon into a crowd and you don't hit anyone, you should definitely consider turning the gun on yourself. You have failed at life.*

The most likely reason is that a pistol let's say a 9mm only has a kill range of approx 25 metres. I would find it extremely unlikely that an AK47 and or M16 were used as the kill range can be up to approx 1 km. Seems like disgruntled locals who don't want the protestors there any longer and want their lively hoods back.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please explain whodunnit, in your view?

Amatourish performance? Ever found a professinal performance here?
The reds were pretty effective 4 years ago. Hate to see this happen all over again.

Red shirts are 55% of the population? They are not even that strong in Chiang Mai, or Udon, or anywhere else in the red "heartland".

30% would be a bit more accurate.

• Like 1

I just received this from visa.com on my handset but its actually old news from more than 12 hours ago and isn't even listed any longer on breaking news of either of the English news papers. I find it annoying to be sent these dramatic headlines and only to find out that this is old and pretty much insignificant news. This is not the first time and seriously considering to stop receiving these e-mails.

Bovine excrement...

No need to insult another posters opinion even if you don't agree with it. Resorting to insults as the first comment says something about you.

I disagree with your opinion though (notice how I don't have to resort to insults). PTP is unlikely to lose power and control of the govt AT THIS STAGE so there is no reason to resort to outright violence that will inevitably result in deaths. When was the last time someone died as a result of these attacks?

Bovine excrement...

No need to insult another posters opinion even if you don't agree with it. Resorting to insults as the first comment says something about you.

I disagree with your opinion though (notice how I don't have to resort to insults). PTP is unlikely to lose power and control of the govt AT THIS STAGE so there is no reason to resort to outright violence that will inevitably result in deaths. When was the last time someone died as a result of these attacks?

You say that, and it makes sense... yet right now there is a large group of redshirts in Laksi heading to a PDRC-blocked election site. By the looks of pics being posted on twitter, many have weapons. Edited by celso

This will never stop because they have zero regard for life and zero respect for other human beings. It makes me sad to finally see the truth.

"They" being?

It makes me sad to finally see the truth.

I assume you mean the truth about idiots with guns, the sociopaths who finance the idiots, the greedy industry that produces guns and blocks laws to restrict their availability and the politicians who are unmoved by the carnage that takes place, even in a classroom full of kindergarten children? And until now you never saw this indifference to life anywhere in the world other than Bangkok? Odd how some people find the truth once they reach Thailand. Must be something in the water.

• Like 2

I just received this from visa.com on my handset but its actually old news from more than 12 hours ago and isn't even listed any longer on breaking news of either of the English news papers. I find it annoying to be sent these dramatic headlines and only to find out that this is old and pretty much insignificant news. This is not the first time and seriously considering to stop receiving these e-mails.

more bombs, shooting and victims now at Lakse, next to don muang airport.

just started, let see, how long airport will hold, before being taken over

I expect you would have been happier had it been a more professional attack that would have killed scores of innocent unarmed protestors

You were around in 2010 spouting the same pro thaksim BS

stay in London and massage there where it's safe

Why not read people's posts before over-reacting?

i did read it, that's why i reacted

whats your excuse for posting?

you sound like an over biased reporter and red sympathizer from BBC or CNN

where are you commentating from, London or Thailand?

• Like 2

Bovine excrement...

You say that, and it makes sense... yet right now there is a large group of redshirts in Laksi heading to a PDRC-blocked election site. By the looks of pics being posted on twitter, many have weapons.

Laksi - isn't that one of the areas where the PDRC are preventing the distribution of ballot boxes or something? I can understand that some of them are willing (wrongly so in my opinion) to take the law in their own hands to stop the PDRC from preventing the elections.

• Like 1

They are only practicing, practice makes perfect, give them another 3 days and they will be able to fill a Thai smile with lead from 50 meters

No flame, you would have to be "racist" to hurt the sensibilities of the PC mob

you sound like an over biased reporter and red sympathizer from BBC or CNN

where are you commentating from, London or Thailand?

From the look of his avatar he's in the Mississippi cotton fields (two smacks on the bottom for racist remarks)

Laksi - isn't that one of the areas where the PDRC are preventing the distribution of ballot boxes or something? I can understand that some of them are willing (wrongly so in my opinion) to take the law in their own hands to stop the PDRC from preventing the elections.

yes headed by a monk who calls himself Buddha !!!!!!!!!!