Gunfire and bomb explosions rock two protest sites in Bangkok

webfact

you sound like an over biased reporter and red sympathizer from BBC or CNN

where are you commentating from, London or Thailand?

atlanta, that's where all the cnn reds are

last time there looked like being any trouble in Thailand you fled to London

so i am not surprised you are not here

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Golly Dad, the Red Medal of Valour with Thaksin's face on it! What did you do to win that?"

"I shot a truck, son!"

"Wow, my HERO!"

Now i may be stupid but i dont think so. Just how do YOU know it was a red shirt? Were you with him???? You know it could just be some one that lives in BKK not some one from the north. Or it could be some of the people from the south that always try to kill everyone.

"Golly Dad, the Red Medal of Valour with Thaksin's face on it! What did you do to win that?"

"I shot a truck, son!"

"Wow, my HERO!"

Now i may be stupid but i dont think so. Just how do YOU know it was a red shirt? Were you with him???? You know it could just be some one that lives in BKK not some one from the north. Or it could be some of the people from the south that always try to kill everyone.

i think you have just proved one of your points yourself by generalizing that ''some of the people from the south that always try to kill everyone.''

apart from the poor grammar it sounds a very stupid statement to make

Could be anyone from the 50 contesting parties or local to bigger mafia or regular citizens who have lost money or their jobs. More than likely its just people of bkk fed up to the back teeth and threats on obstructing the voting tomorrow.

Plenty of armed citizens here and violent youth looking to make a name on the streets.

"I shot a truck, son!"

"Wow, my HERO!"

Oh no, they would never dare to attempt to kill someone. All those bombings and killings in the last month or so were committed by protesters themselves. They all want to commit collective suicide. Grow up.

For heaven's sake, UDD core leaders are giving open interviews to the western newspapers in which they glorify violence and impatiently wait for the civil war to begin.

• Like 2

Sounds like its kicking off on Lak Si and Chaengwattana with clashes between red shirts and anti government. At least 1 dead

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yep...Check out the other thread...Photos from around IT Square...Bangkok seems to be in for a very long night. What a start to the Chinese New Year! Lunatics are taking over the asylum. Be safe.

Sounds like its kicking off on Lak Si and Chaengwattana with clashes between red shirts and anti government. At least 1 dead

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yep...Check out the other thread...Photos from around IT Square...Bangkok seems to be in for a very long night. What a start to the Chinese New Year! Lunatics are taking over the asylum. Be safe.

Which thread are you referring to?

These red and yellow fools are being screwed by the people they idolize. I think that "democracy" is not for LOS. It takes time (about 1000 years for it to evolve).
We had the dark ages, feudalism, Magna Carta, middle ages, enlightenment (Renaissance), revolution (the king's head was cut off), representative government, industrial revolution, lots and lots of wars (with other countries) and real democracy (where all men and women can vote).

Feudalism to democracy in one go? It does not happen that way

• Like 1

"I shot a truck, son!"

"Wow, my HERO!"

Other side of the coin....

"Golly Dad, what did you do in the war?"

"Why I blocked the elections so nobody could vote."

"For what reason."

"The elections were rigged and there was vote buying going on."

"Wouldn't it have made more sense to call the U.N. to monitor the election so you could prove the allegations?"

"Shut up and eat your soup."

As they are not the Government in power. How could they call the UN?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

judging by an amatourish performance, a big chance that locals are showing, what they think about bangkok shutdown.

wait till tomorrow for an escalation of violence around polling stations

Sounds like some of you sick bastards are really looking forward to seeing human suffering. I hope for the sake of this country that you are very sorely disappointed. Sadly I think you will get your wish thanks to the governments private militia :(

• Like 2

I just received this from visa.com on my handset but its actually old news from more than 12 hours ago and isn't even listed any longer on breaking news of either of the English news papers. I find it annoying to be sent these dramatic headlines and only to find out that this is old and pretty much insignificant news. This is not the first time and seriously considering to stop receiving these e-mails.

Eh?

What's 'e talking about??? coffee1.gif

There's a lot of angry people who are not allied to the militant extremist wings of red or yellow, who are just angry because they are being stopped from voting. It is very offensive to any citizen to have their most basic right blocked by other people. Add to that the damage to small local businesses etc. and you have got a situation where tempers are fraying very badly. Even people not related to the factionalism are stressed-out and 'snappy' right now, including many of my friends here. The mood is ugly and bruised like clouds before a storm. Blocking voting is a crime, and is also an insult to your fellow citizens. Don't think you can block voters and expect people to not get angry across the board.

There are posters accusing the red shirts for the violence against protestors and their opponents saying there's no proof.

Other posters are saying it is just some discontented Bangkokians - which you seem to be implying - and their opponents asking for proof.

In other words it's all supposition. Now I don't agree with preventing people from voting but that intimidation pales into insignificance against bombs & shots fired at protestors, some of which have died. The fact that the attacks on the protestors have been going on for as long as the protests (2 months or so) rather points to organised - not random - violence which certainly had nothing to do with voting when they started.

I'm not going to say who is responsible because I don't know for sure but the scale, lack of police effort & number of attacks tend to point in one direction.

• Like 1

Can someone please give me a plausible explanation for why these attacks aren't hitting anyone?

I just can't believe that they could consistently miss their assumed targets with bullet after bullet after bullet, night after night.

If you fire a fully-automatic weapon into a crowd and you don't hit anyone, you should definitely consider turning the gun on yourself. You have failed at life.*

*Does it count as a flame if I'm insulting terrorists?

Does that fact alone not make you and the others on here wonder about just how amateur these attacks actually are????

And the Police ???? ................whistling.gif

I heard the police were around but the military told them to leave since they were doing nothing anyways (as instructed by their red affiliated commanders of course).

"We'll take over now boys, go back to what you do best!"

( Setting up road blocks to extort cash from motorcyclists.)

And the Police ???? ................whistling.gif

cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

and the Police..?? There are still some joking guys here..

The crime fascistic blockers DONT WANT Police.. they only want Military

Thats why now the start gunfires at empty trucks and place "bombs" where

no one can be hurt.. to Show that that the reds or others are violent ...

and the dumb and the blind dont see the bitch behind that Showtime games..

• Like 1

judging by an amatourish performance, a big chance that locals are showing, what they think about bangkok shutdown.

Yes for sure, the average LOCALS have automatic riffles at home! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well, the "bombs" are actually ping pong balls filled with firework powder which any kid could create so I doubt the guns are automatic rifles. If they were we wouldn't constantly be hearing about these "attacks" that lead to no injuries. It is very likely to be p-ed off locals with amateurish weapons.

Even the regular fireworks sold for Loy Kratong etc blow off kids' fingers and blind them on a regular basis, not to mention the occasional fireworks factory that blows itself up. These are not safe toys that you can find at Hamley's.

There's a lot of angry people who are not allied to the militant extremist wings of red or yellow, who are just angry because they are being stopped from voting. It is very offensive to any citizen to have their most basic right blocked by other people. Add to that the damage to small local businesses etc. and you have got a situation where tempers are fraying very badly. Even people not related to the factionalism are stressed-out and 'snappy' right now, including many of my friends here. The mood is ugly and bruised like clouds before a storm. Blocking voting is a crime, and is also an insult to your fellow citizens. Don't think you can block voters and expect people to not get angry across the board.

This is not voting day ... no one is coming to vote.

This is Red Shirt violence ... as ordered by Thida and the rest of Thaksin's merry men.

Sounds like some of you sick bastards are really looking forward to seeing human suffering. I hope for the sake of this country that you are very sorely disappointed. Sadly I think you will get your wish thanks to the governments private militia sad.png

thank you, ting tong tee sood. Your moniker tells everything about you

I expect you would have been happier had it been a more professional attack that would have killed scores of innocent unarmed protestors

You were around in 2010 spouting the same pro thaksim BS

stay in London and massage there where it's safe

Why not read people's posts before over-reacting?

i did read it, that's why i reacted

whats your excuse for posting?

No excuse. Just a vain attempt to get posters to think before posting inflammatory comments. In the circumstances, a forlorn hope.