anywhere on the island i can buy a "stuffed" pufferfish?

Virt

Last year we went to a restaurant which had some taxidermy pufferfish hanging in the ceilings, and i would like to buy one of those this year, to my small "thai corner" in my liviningroom, where i have various things from Thailand.

I can't recall i have seen any place that sells those neither on Samui or in Bangkok, so i wonder if anyone would know if it's possible to find one on Samui.

Or if they are even legal to bring home?

Thanks.

The gift shops on the pathway to Grand Father Grand Ma rocks, Lamai usually have them, hanging about ...thumbsup.gif . .... can't say I noticed anywhere else! wink.pngblink.png

Thanks.

Didn't plan to go there again because i actually found it a bit booring down there, but maybe we will pass by on our day tour around the island, when we go look for new "secret" beaches ;)

Can buy them on Ebay, but i prefer to buy them locally so i got a story to each thing i bring home :)

The gift shops on the pathway to Grand Father Grand Ma rocks, Lamai usually have them, hanging about ...thumbsup.gif . .... can't say I noticed anywhere else! wink.pngblink.png

Thanks.

Didn't plan to go there again because i actually found it a bit booring down there, but maybe we will pass by on our day tour around the island, when we go look for new "secret" beaches wink.png

Can buy them on Ebay, but i prefer to buy them locally so i got a story to each thing i bring home smile.png

Will keep an eye open around Maenam for you! wink.png .....

Ahh yeah, the shell shop in Nathon, Been there one time, but can't recall that i saw any pufferfish, but they sure had a lot of other beautiful things ,especially their huge conchs.

About Big Buddha, didn't walk around a lot in all the various shops the few times i have been there, so that might be a good idea too.

And if that fails, i could try and ask the staff nicely in this restaurant in Bangkok next to our hotel, if they want to sell me one of theirs smile.png

post-138525-0-23375600-1391385031_thumb.

Leave the poor animals in the sea, please

I thought about that aspect and also thought about not buying one because marinelife is better off where they belong, but to be completely honest, i don't know if i will turn down a deal if i see one.

Sorry for not beeing perfect.

• Like 1

Leave the poor animals in the sea, please

I thought about that aspect and also thought about not buying one because marinelife is better off where they belong, but to be completely honest, i don't know if i will turn down a deal if i see one.

Sorry for not beeing perfect.

Are they actually "stuffed"? I always thought they are filled with air......(and leave all fish in sea and don't eat meat and don't kill plants.....)

• 4 weeks later...

I just spoke to the owner of the Shell Museum just outside Nathon and he says he has pufferfish.

They're just filled with air. He also warns that they must be kept in a dry and hot climate.

If it's kept in humid colder climate, it'll slowly desintegrate.

I just spoke to the owner of the Shell Museum just outside Nathon and he says he has pufferfish.

They're just filled with air. He also warns that they must be kept in a dry and hot climate.

If it's kept in humid colder climate, it'll slowly desintegrate.

Thanks Mole.

Well i guess it's a bad idea to buy one if it just disintegrate in the climate i normally live in.

And now it's back to packing suitcase.

Plane takes off in 5 hours :D

Yes, he told the thin membrane of the fish will just crumble when exposed to humid air over time.

In colder climate, the moist won't evaporate away, so it simply decomposes.

Edited by Mole