Red wave set to swamp Bangkok

Lite Beer

Many seem to be shouting war and trying to ignite one. All caused by one single person for greed and desire of greatness. 64 years old and gathered billions. Still it's not enough. How does he think he can return to Thailand and live? Become president of the north? It will not happen.

I thought you were describing Suthep, until I read the "return to Thailand" part.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

art-Thailand-1-620x349.jpg

If this lot ever make it as far as Bangkok, it will be to demand free places at the Baan Bangkae Home for the Aged.

<<<<Flaming comments edited out>>>>. They look old because they are, they worked their lives outdoors, not in air con offices. Probably don't have nice soft hands too. Real people, not plastic, latest i phone celebs.

Edited by metisdead
Flame removed.
  • Like 2

It seems that the army has somewhat been brought "under control" because the generals realize that a coup would not be accepted anymore.

Any coup from the army would lead to a general uprising in the populated north.

On the other side, the courts still can be seen by many as an "independent" body not scared to involve itself with the minority trying to gain power over the majority.

As long as the courts cannot be seen as impartial by the majority of people it's difficult to blame the reds when they want to fight to protect the people's basic rights.

Let's hope that there will be no need for the reds to go at war to defend democracy... and that all those trying to overthrow democracy by any means (criminal, coup, court rulings, ...) pay for their crimes.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I dont like what you say - but I think your right - this Government will be returned to carry on corruption and bring in another amnesty bill to bring "Captain corruption" back from Dubai!! His plan cannot continue until another event happens!! This is Thailands sad future - anything else will be met with an M79 and a red riot!! - We know this but I as a Thai am proud that Thai people stood up in the street and said - "this is not democracy!!". Also did you know Thaksins neice is married to Hun Sens son? and his other neice to Myanmars leaders family? Thaksins lust for power will spill out ofThailand next time - especially now he believes he is untouchable!!

• Like 1

If this lot ever make it as far as Bangkok, it will be to demand free places at the Baan Bangkae Home for the Aged.

<<<<Flaming comments edited out>>>>. They look old because they are, they worked their lives outdoors, not in air con offices. Probably don't have nice soft hands too. Real people, not plastic, latest i phone celebs.

............too much thai whisky!!

If those do come to Bangkok ... I'll recommend to the gf that there is an untapped market maybe selling ageless face-cream to our friends from the north ... rolleyes.gif

They just look old from working hard to keep the rich BKK elite in the lifestyle they demand.

The red wave, shown in this picture, is probably from the red shirted followers of Suthep.

I really wonder if mr T, the great leader, can still count on enough support.

Me thinks that many people now see, or should see, what the promises of the great leader mean for them.

That said, no politician, from whatever side, can be trusted.

They are in politics for money, for power, or for a combination of the two.

At long last things get clearer and clearer, the great leader wants to have the ultimate power over Thailand.

A country run as a family business, with him as the "godfather", no criminal pun intended.

Like the Marcos family in the Phillipines and the Suharto family in Indonesia.

And to gain that goal, he, or his followers, even contemplate war, a war of secession.

Poor poor people, they are used and remain in the idea a politician will do something for them

But is there any difference between Thailand and our countries in the west.

We vote once every few years, and than see what a few powerful families can do.

And the things done are definitely not for or in our benefit.

Many seem to be shouting war and trying to ignite one. All caused by one single person for greed and desire of greatness. 64 years old and gathered billions. Still it's not enough. How does he think he can return to Thailand and live? Become president of the north? It will not happen.

Does the SOE prohibit speeches that are not true and may incite riot? I think this DJ has a destiny in court.

It seems that the army has somewhat been brought "under control" because the generals realize that a coup would not be accepted anymore.

Any coup from the army would lead to a general uprising in the populated north.

On the other side, the courts still can be seen by many as an "independent" body not scared to involve itself with the minority trying to gain power over the majority.

As long as the courts cannot be seen as impartial by the majority of people it's difficult to blame them when they want to fight for their rights.

Let's hope that there will be no need for the reds to go at war to defend democracy... and that all those trying to overthrow democracy by any means (criminal, coup, court rulings, ...) pay for their crimes.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

American aid $ is at stake. A coup interrupts the revenue stream from Uncle Sam.

It's Uncle 'peeping' Tom nowadays ...

If those do come to Bangkok ... I'll recommend to the gf that there is an untapped market maybe selling ageless face-cream to our friends from the north ... rolleyes.gif

They just look old from working hard to keep the rich BKK elite in the lifestyle they demand.

I would have to say, if that is that is the case, the "rich BKK life style" that you mentioned would include majority of falang requirement to stay here comfortably.

Sadly if the Dubai crim gets his way the next generation will look the same as they keep the rich Chang Mai elite in the lifestyle they demand.

In you other post it is possibly not the political colours on the wristbands that you see but the nation....two sides opposed but both contain an element with a common want for their country...common ground is there. There is hope.

and the next generation will be asking their grandparents what voting meant in the old days........as TS will make sure there is never another vote if he returns to power. Remember 'Democracy is not my goal" or words to that effect.

Only three hours of voting left now and the election has been a huge success. Only three out of 33 constituencies in Bangkok have been blocked, and throughout most of Thailand voting proceeds unhindered. The anti democracy conspirators have got it wrong at every turn, and if they now try to thwart the will of the people by using their corrupt control of the courts they will indeed unleash a people's tsunami on Bangkok.

90% of forum posters are wrong

Anyone who opposes a mega corrupt government is wrong

All courts are corrupt if they convict anyone

Let them try this PEOPLES 48% tsunami on BKK

Army are wrong to stop the siege of BKK

This Elections a big waste of money is ok---when a later fair election --not favouring the PM.

The election pledges to get in last time were honoured in the first 6 months of being elected. ??? NO---fair elections you say----

Would this be a style of promises/brainwashing.

Only three hours of voting left now and the election has been a huge success. Only three out of 33 constituencies in Bangkok have been blocked, and throughout most of Thailand voting proceeds unhindered. The anti democracy conspirators have got it wrong at every turn, and if they now try to thwart the will of the people by using their corrupt control of the courts they will indeed unleash a people's tsunami on Bangkok.

38 polling stations in Bang Kapi closed
February 2, 2014 10:34 am
The Bang Kapi district chief has closed 38 polling stations in the district mostly because there were no station officials.
The director said the district could not find venues for some of the closed polling stations.

The Nation

60 polling stations in Pathuwan district closed
February 2, 2014 10:31 am
The Pathumwan district director has ordered the closure of 60 polling stations to voting because there were no officials to man the stations and because the roads around the stations were blocked by protesters.
The announcement was made at 10 am.

The Nation

333 polling stations open: EC
February 2, 2014 11:11 am
The Election Commission has announced that voting could be held at 333 in 68 provinces out of 375 constituencies in 77 provinces can be held.
It said voting in 42 constituencies in 9 provinces was disrupted.

The Nation

somehow the figures don't fit. Are we going to witness a rigged election?

You really have been brainwashed my friend. Try thinking for yourself. Thaksin has told you has he that this his intention, has he?

Thaksin is not a good pm. He is not a good politician. But if the Thais don't like him they don't vote for him. But suthep and his supportive mafia have completely lost the moral ground by carrying guns to the polls. Its the beginning of the end for the mafia.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thaksin has told you has he that this his intention, has he?

Do some research.

Or listen to what his followers are shouting.

They are indeed shouting secession and T for president.

Where, oh where, would that idea have come from?

Now just suppose the North, will split from Thailand,

You really think that piece of landlocked land will have a future?

Nicely locked in by Laos, Birma and Thailand.

There is nothing there to support an economy.

And no more money sent home by the Northern people!

The only solution in Thailand might be a federal state.

But I am afraid that might be unthinkable

Rest me to say that your ideas about mafia are slightly skewed.

It remains to be seen, if one could mention mafia, which side has the most right to claim that title.

Seen the killings, the fires, the fights, the suppression of different ideas, I guess what side my vote will land.

Brainwashed, maybe?

Could it be they are just protesting peacefully trying to get people to cast a no vote rather than block voters from the polling booths.

Good men do bad things and power corrupts we all know this, so he used the north.... end result is hes not here but the north is booming .. now why is that ? because the good done outlasts the bad.

Every academic of note accepts the good done in those early years they should not be pretended as bad because they wernt, i dont even like admitting it myself but its simple undeniable fact.

Suthep on the other hand has done sweet FA but feather his own nest and his handlers ... now if you want to compare the two I will come down on the side of Thaksin every single time because he at least benefited millions and it will continue to and never tried to stop the people from voting whereas Suthep .... well i dont know what his achievements have been apart from being a leader repeatedly when civilians are getting shot at by his orders at worst or acquiescence at best.

Nobody seems to get this. Thanks for posting. They call Thaksin corrupt and full of self-interest. What politician ISN'T? Bottom line is that living in Isaan for almost 9 years it's easy to see how much Thaksin's policies have benefitted the region. The standards of living are much higher now and it's made my own personal life here easier as time goes forward, and that's certainly the case for those around me.

Is it all perfect? No.. Yingluck's gov't has created a lot of problems for farmers, no question, primarily the rubber tree and rice farmers (our per kilo rate is much lower this year than last), and strangely the pig market plummeted once she got into office, but ultimately conditions are better for the poor here than they've ever been. My wife didn't vote for her, but my wife went to vote. At least here she has that option. This situation at the polls in Bangkok is extremely disheartening.

the problem with the farang and others in Bangkok & Pattaya seems to be that they are completely unaware or indifferent just how much a difference Thaksin's pre-coup gov't made in the lives of the poor population. I'm sick of hearing about how evil it is to improve the lot of the poor. The world has come a long way from fuedalism, but you'd have to wonder at that reading some of the comments on here that would just as soon lend to population cleansing rather than figuring out what's best for everyone.

One thing for sure, a lot of the fascist comments I hear on here represent a mentality that won't do anybody in Thailand any good. If Suthep, Abhisit and their buddies want to start winning votes, they need to start winning the hearts of the voters by taking real inititatives to better their station in life rather than continuing to alienate the poor. Will it be corrupt and self serving just like the Thaksins? yep, always is.. That's the nature of gov't. Very rare is the true leader who's only interest is in the common good. Show me one in America or Britain or in the Thai Democratic party, I challenge you.

Bottom line though is if all people's interests are accounted for, people in general suffer less. If a corrupt government can accomplish that, well, so be it. They've got my support.

I know many politicians who are not both here and in other countries, read up on Thaksisn list of charges. read up on how much money he stole from Thailand - and by the way - if the people in Isaan are so well of because of his policies - i take it you wont be calling them the poor downtrodden by the elitists any more!!

Many people in Isaan are better off, not necessarily well off, and not all.

Just a very basic example, one of Thaksin's lesser discussed initiatives was to install water towers (& distribution) in villages where the water table was unstable. He got to some, but couldn't get to everyone before he was ousted. As such I have running water and never have to worry about it, even in the dry season, but my inlaws, a much larger village half a kilo away has no running water. What their wells (which are becoming unusable) produce is undrinkable at best, unavailable at worst, so the gov't trucks in water to distribution points in the village. I have other relatives much further away who have to pay a truck to bring water to fill their jars ... It's a major problem which created an unhealthy and extremely low standard of living for those in rural areas, and Thaksin was working to solve it. You can't appreciate how difficult life can be without running water until you've experienced it.

I'm well aware of what Thaksin has been accused of. I'm not entirely sure you are though. But that wasn't the point. The point was that he's helped a lot of people in spite of corruption. I don't know how valid his charges are, and agree much of it is probably politically motivated, but even if it was all true I'm willing to overlook it because of what he accomplished. I'm sure a laundry list of charges vs. someone like Suthep would be just as long if people were motivated enough to put one together. That is my point. I'd be fine with any politician as long as they did something to help the living standards of me and my neighbors.

Typical redshirt drivel... no matter what he has done bad dont judge him for it he did a few good things too. The law is for everyone and everyone who is corrupt democrats redshirts all.. should be brought in front of a judge and put to jail. No exceptions.

He is a criminal.. he is convicted and even more cases are waiting for him. (would not be so if the amnesty wiped his slate clean). Now Suthep wants no statue of limitations on corruption. YL deadly scared opposes it as it would mean the end for her brother.. (again corruption putting her brother in front of the country). Now Suthep might be caught if there is no statue of limitations so that would be good for the reds.. but for sure it would mean the end of Taksin (and help to combat corruption in countless ways)

Great success ?? So I guess I can safely assume Yingluck will return to power with no

one else on the ballot, and we will be back to the old status quo. Meaning to dismiss

charges against Thaksin and the 25,000 people facing corruption charges, a continuation of

the rice scam which is well on

the way to bankrupting the country, and continued pressing for the 2.2 trillion baht

fill the feeding trough oops I mean the transportation bill which will put Thailand in debt

for 50 years.... You call that success ??? Wow.

Those that want Yingluk and who voted for her party will think it was a tremendous success, they had an election and elected the person they want. The minority will always be upset but the majority will be happy.

Edited by chooka

No you only want those agreeing with you whether they are Thai or falang

You are supporting a group which is trying to deny the fundamental right of voting! It does not get any more undemocratic than that! The Yellows have had multiple opportunities to make their so called "reforms" recently, in 2006-2008 especially.

Only some arrogant and ignorant Bangkok expats continue supporting them for some selfish reason obviously. Some are even hoping for a military coup.

Keep on voting is the only way to get rid of corrupted politicians eventually. Military coups only hand power back to the same corrupted elite in Bangkok and nothing improves. The Reds are not much better but at least it is a small step forward.

This arrogant attitude of Thai Chinese minority is very dangerous. The idea it is their birthright is to rule over Thailand. It could turn against themselves if the angry Reds really started flooding to Bangkok. All that decades long hate just waiting to be released. It could turn very ugly and very fast. When Thais lose their cool, they really lose it in very bad way. I hope it does not come to that.

In 2010 it was very close of starting a civil war. Government buildings already were burning all over the place but for some unknown reason it did not escalate beyond that. This time we might not be so lucky.

Finally someone who knows what there talking about, the Chinese started imagrating to Thailand over 400 years ago, between 1882 & 1917 there where 30,000 per year coming to Thailand, starting in 1910 they where required to take Thai surenames, they currently make up around 14% of the population around 9 million. Between WWI & WWII they contoled all the rice, timber, tin and rubber being produced in Thailand mainly via corruption. Today 80% of the Thai stock market is controled by Thai Chinese, 80% of the top 40 wealthiest Thais are Thai/Chinese with the new 2013 #3 being Chareon of Thai Bev.

Yingluck, Abiset, Thaksin and most all of the past 10 PM's have been Thai/Chinese, the military, the courts and most public offices at the high level are Thai/Chinese. They are seperate society within the Thai society, you will rarely ever see a Thai chinese marry a Thai, they are only allowed to marry within there society, if they do so they risk being shunned by their family.

I am not saying that all Thai/Chinese are bad or corrupt, but the current situation is just a power struggle between the Thai/Chinese elites, with the poor Thai people being manipulated stuck in the middle!

Haha!!! ..........i fear you dont know what youre talking about sorry for you - Take this from a Thai who has studied Thai history. The word Tai is a Chinese word - tey were a very large China tribe that migrated here to Chiang Mai and the central regions around Phitsanolok and Sukhothai around 800 years ago. The oldest known mention of their existence in the region is made by the exonym Siamese scriptures of the1200's.They mixed with the indigenous population and formed the mainstream thai culture - The lanna and Ayuthaya cultures came from these people and were moved to Sukhothai and Bangkok. The Northeast of Thailand was largely unaffected by Chinese migration hence they are indigenous tribes of different variety. To look at recent migrations from China is a drop in the ocean against what happened in the 800 years before regarding the effect of the Chinese in Thailand - The Shinawatras came to Thailand and took over the silk trade in the North. So where as your argument about Chinese elite democrats - it was China who banned a recent movei based on Thaksins rule of Thailand and his empeachment in 2008. i hope this is of help to you!

While you may be correct about the North 800 years ago what I have posted are correct facts, you can look them up yourself on wikpedia! And since you are Thai why do you hate your fellow countrymen so much, why do you side with the rich chinese Thai elites?

Edited by bkkfaranguy

One really has to be a blind fool to write such rubbish. So you are against democracy?! Go back to your home country, Thailand does not need your kinds of expats!

I am an expat and am severely embarrassed whenever these poorly informed posters heap the blame on one individual. Please dig deeper before you make such laughably shallow and poorly researched claims.

This is a proxy war. Once you understand who the players are hiding in the shadows, you will know that this is ONLY about power and nothing else. Side A is every bit as ruthless, corrupt and murderous as side B. Please educate yourself Eric before you post again, because you just come across as somebody suckered by propaganda, which comes from both ends of the political spectrum. Don't be that sucker.

............shall we be Shinawatra suckers instead then??

Read my post again. As you should have the first time around. Or perhaps you are not as literate as you think.

One really has to be a blind fool to write such rubbish. So you are against democracy?! Go back to your home country, Thailand does not need your kinds of expats!

Since you have taken it upon yourself to be the expert, what type of expats does a country that also allows you a visa really want? Since you believe so much in democracy, when were you elected and by who to tell people what this country wants?

Do you even understand what Thaksin wants?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

............too much thai whisky!!

Too much snobbery & bigotry.

• Like 1

90% of forum posters are wrong

I'd put it no higher than 20%. You seem to be using Suthep's system of rounding up numbers. However, the anti-democracy apologists do seem to be getting louder as their totalitarian plans fall apart.

Why does Suthep want to be president of the North?

No you only want those agreeing with you whether they are Thai or falang

You are supporting a group which is trying to deny the fundamental right of voting! It does not get any more undemocratic than that! The Yellows have had multiple opportunities to make their so called "reforms" recently, in 2006-2008 especially.

Only some arrogant and ignorant Bangkok expats continue supporting them for some selfish reason obviously. Some are even hoping for a military coup.

Keep on voting is the only way to get rid of corrupted politicians eventually. Military coups only hand power back to the same corrupted elite in Bangkok and nothing improves. The Reds are not much better but at least it is a small step forward.

This arrogant attitude of Thai Chinese minority is very dangerous. The idea it is their birthright is to rule over Thailand. It could turn against themselves if the angry Reds really started flooding to Bangkok. All that decades long hate just waiting to be released. It could turn very ugly and very fast. When Thais lose their cool, they really lose it in very bad way. I hope it does not come to that.

In 2010 it was very close of starting a civil war. Government buildings already were burning all over the place but for some unknown reason it did not escalate beyond that. This time we might not be so lucky.

Finally someone who knows what there talking about, the Chinese started imagrating to Thailand over 400 years ago, between 1882 & 1917 there where 30,000 per year coming to Thailand, starting in 1910 they where required to take Thai surenames, they currently make up around 14% of the population around 9 million. Between WWI & WWII they contoled all the rice, timber, tin and rubber being produced in Thailand mainly via corruption. Today 80% of the Thai stock market is controled by Thai Chinese, 80% of the top 40 wealthiest Thais are Thai/Chinese with the new 2013 #3 being Chareon of Thai Bev.

Yingluck, Abiset, Thaksin and most all of the past 10 PM's have been Thai/Chinese, the military, the courts and most public offices at the high level are Thai/Chinese. They are seperate society within the Thai society, you will rarely ever see a Thai chinese marry a Thai, they are only allowed to marry within there society, if they do so they risk being shunned by their family.

I am not saying that all Thai/Chinese are bad or corrupt, but the current situation is just a power struggle between the Thai/Chinese elites, with the poor Thai people being manipulated stuck in the middle!

Interesting

Now can you please tell me which group pays all the high taxes that sees the north have a reasonable life style

we live in Udon

we have electricity

we have water

we have roads to drive on

we have radio and TV

Udon is not the poor place that has nothing

but all the good things we have must be paid for by someone

Please show me links to where Tasking spent his money on the North

Not the taxes paid to the government by the people you hate

• Like 2