Pattaya Lady Boy picks Hong Kong Tourist Pockets On Baht Bus

Rimmer

Pattaya Lady Boy pick Pockets Hong Kong Tourist On Baht Bus

22.jpg
PATTAYA – February 2, 2014 [PDN]; at 12.15 a.m. Pol. Capt. Suphan Sopee (Investigation officer of Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province) was notified from a Mr. Chun Fai Leung, aged 54, who is a Hong Kong tourist, that he was pick pocketed on a baht bus of documents, cash for 6,000 Hong Kong dollars (or 10,000 THB), 1 credit card and 1 identity card that was in his pocket. He thought that the thief might be the lady boy who sat close to him.

Upon questioning Mr. Chun Fai Leung he told police that he got on the baht bus at the red light intersection near Tops department store, central Pattaya, in order to go back to Ibit hotel on Pattaya second road. He then said that there was a lady boy who tried to sit closely to him all the time but after he got off the baht bus he then noticed that his wallet was missing and was convinced that the lady boy had taken it.
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2014/02/02/pattaya-lady-boy-pick-pockets-hong-kong-tourist-on-baht-bus/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2014-02-02

Again another well researched article by Pattaya Daily News.

Your reputation amongst the world’s press is growing greater by the second. facepalm.gif

Today’s FX rate is 4.24 Thai Baht to 1 Hong Kong Dollar (rounded off), so 6,000 Hong Kong Dollars actually equates to about 25,440 Thai Baht and not 10,000 Thai Baht as suggested in the story.

• Like 1

same same, not sure it was a lady boy but a person looking like a female got my wallet in the same way. realised as soon as the bus went but it was gone. Have instituted any theft on new wallet.

the ones who were operating in pattaya were in a group of three/four and carry a rather large bag which is used to hide their actions from other passengers and the victim,the ones who tried it on with me were neither skillful or discreet,

and you would have to be falling down drunk to not notice,but that was a good while ago maybe the've been practicing.

Actually in the Phillipines they are called Backlas

Yeah... bakla. But same in every respect, except not as cute. Saw a bunch of them take of their shirts and start playing pool in Subic. They were just pretending to be baklas.....for the cash. lol There are some "real" ones, but problem their is they never get that critical "cropping". You only know because of the duct tape.

Well, what do you expect, if they report, that the victim was on his way back to Ibit hotel, which actually is called Ibis!

You "mae kawchai loe"?

Your reputation amongst the world’s press is growing greater by the second. facepalm.gif

Today’s FX rate is 4.24 Thai Baht to 1 Hong Kong Dollar (rounded off), so 6,000 Hong Kong Dollars actually equates to about 25,440 Thai Baht and not 10,000 Thai Baht as suggested in the story.

The Thai police know who commits these crimes. Everytime they receive a new order to cut

down crime in Pattaya, first thing they do is round up the ladyboys. I do not really give a

flying bleep what they do in a bedroom with a customer, but if they would stop being the

pickpocket kings of Pattaya they would really help their reputation a lot.....

same same, not sure it was a lady boy but a person looking like a female got my wallet in the same way. realised as soon as the bus went but it was gone. Have instituted any theft on new wallet.

How does this work exactly...seriously, I don't understand how any man with sensory nerves in his butt can have his wallet lifted from a back pants pocket without feeling it. I mean, I've lived on this earth almost 50 years now and traveled in packed subways and busses from San Francisco to New York to London to Bangkok and never had this happen to me. I've also ridden allot in the infamous and packed like sardines jeepneys of Manila and Angeles City and again nothing.

Of course, I take sensible precautions. If standing or walking in a crowd, I will often move my wallet from my back to (deeper) front pant pocket. In situations like a public baht bus or jeepney, I will not only move the wallet, I'll put my hand on my wallet and keep it there until I alight from the vehicle. Simple really.

I had an item (happily not a wallet) lifted from my FRONT pocket on a baht bus by a gang of actual ladies (using that term charitably) with the big bags. It was daylight, I was totally sober (as usual), and the bus was packed. I DID feel it as it happened but they are pros and the very moment it happened the item was hidden away. It could have been with the actual picker or transferred to another big bag lady. Then what? I accused them and then this gang of rough Thais is acting angry and threatening and accusing me of accusing them falsely. Yes, I posted it about and YES it can happen to ANYONE. Frankly, I wasn't aware of the big bag real lady baht bus gangs before it happened to me. Now when I see any group looking like that at all, yes, I literally clutch the items in my front pocket. So awareness helps, sure.

Edited by Jingthing

Pedanticism, aside, how is the report affected by this?

How does this work exactly...seriously, I don't understand how any man with sensory nerves in his butt can have his wallet lifted from a back pants pocket without feeling it. I mean, I've lived on this earth almost 50 years now and traveled in packed subways and busses from San Francisco to New York to London to Bangkok and never had this happen to me. I've also ridden allot in the infamous and packed like sardines jeepneys of Manila and Angeles City and again nothing.

Of course, I take sensible precautions. If standing or walking in a crowd, I will often move my wallet from my back to (deeper) front pant pocket. In situations like a public baht bus or jeepney, I will not only move the wallet, I'll put my hand on my wallet and keep it there until I alight from the vehicle. Simple really.

I had an item (happily not a wallet) lifted from my FRONT pocket on a baht bus by a gang of actual ladies (using that term charitably) with the big bags. It was daylight, I was totally sober (as usual), and the bus was packed. I DID feel it as it happened but they are pros and the very moment it happened the item was hidden away. It could have been with the actual picker or transferred to another big bag lady. Then what? I accused them and then this gang of rough Thais is acting angry and threatening and accusing me of accusing them falsely. Yes, I posted it about and YES it can happen to ANYONE. Frankly, I wasn't aware of the big bag real lady baht bus gangs before it happened to me. Now when I see any group looking like that at all, yes, I literally clutch the items in my front pocket. So awareness helps, sure.

Good safety practice...if there is not an empty space between you and the other passengers, then phone and wallet go to the front pockets and hands in or on the pockets. It may look funny but the pickpockets will leave you alone.

The lady boy done it. It's elementary. thumbsup.gif

Yes, always a smart move to go with the high percentage answer........wai2.gif

Not exactly. The crime victim's account sounds credible. That's all, and he pointed to the ladyboy as the only person who had the kind of recent contact with him that could have done it. Good odds it was the ladyboy.

Pedanticism, aside, how is the report affected by this?

I think when a "news" website can't even get a basic fact like the current exchange rate correct, it affects their credibility.

But what surprises me is that once you read the item, you find out that it is only an allegation. The guy isn't sure it was the ladyboys. He only suspects them, yet the PDN (or this site) uses the headline 'Pattaya Lady Boy picks Hong Kong Tourist Pockets On Baht Bus'. That really kills some credibility.

• Like 1

I would not even have my wallet in my back pocket to begin with, it would stay in my deep pants pocket. OMG, you have been very lucky where your back pocket is concerned, maybe it's OK if you are seated, but it would be very easy to stand up before you remove your wallet, and it's away.

Wallet, phone, and all valuables should ALWAYS be in the man's front pockets. Even then, it's a good idea to kepp your hands on your stuff in a situation as described. Also, putting a wallet in the back pocket when driving will give you a very painful back.

Very well,

As you leave Thai Visa, please close the door on the way out.

If you do decide to stick around for a bit, I suggest that you read and adhere to the rules, especially rules 1 & 7.

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) To respect fellow members.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Edited by Rimmer
Quoted reply of removed