Election Over, Result Out By '23 February'

Lite Beer

Richard Barrow says counting is underway.He says there were no elections in 9 southern provinces and 5 districts of Bangkok. Which suggests that, given all the circumstances, the election has been a resounding success. Interested to see some turnout figures....although the PDRC supporting EC will probably try to withhold them.....

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the irony if YL were now to lose by one vote.

Thailand is very entertaining, never a dull day. Loads of comediennes around.

So since a few polling stations will leak their numbers out anyway, I bet those would be the winning lottery numbers, good luck and all that. What's the score, then ?

Wait till the 23rd of this month? But I would expect that even after those 'advance voting' re-sessions we'd still need voting in all districts were it wasn't or couldn't be held today?

BTW will anyone coming with preliminary results be handling unconstitutionally and be brought to court?

I'm thinking the same...why the 23rd and so long in this day and age?...are they counting by hand?...how antiquated...and more of an opportunity to scramble the votes

They will probably have the results today where polling took place. It has already been stated that other day or days will be allocated for elections for people who were prevented from voting. It was said they will not release the results on the basis it may influence those yet to vote.

Suthep today:

The PDRC had not obstructed anyone from voting and did not intervene at polling units

what an out and out liar even the strongest elite lovers on TVF must recognize this lie

This is lying <deleted>. Ask the voters of Din Daeng (close to whrre I live) ask Chuwit (well, why not!) THE PDRC PHYSICALLY PREVENTED MANY PEOPLE FROM EXERCISING THEIR FREE RIGHT TO VOTE. Even so Thais in 88% of constituencies were free to vote. I can understand if the EC dont want to release the votes, but there is not reason not to release the turnout figures tonight.

• Like 1

RT@teamkorn Apparently YL's vote is now invalid, she put her ballot in the wrong box (orange party list ballot goes in other box) pic.twitter.com/T5o3GLUt0I

BfdXLiuCUAE2bKd.jpg

We all knew the PM isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this cheesy.gif:cheesy:cheesy.gif

By the look on the other faces I think someone has passed wind and sent the occasion into we must get out-a-here quick............sad.png

SOP for PTP. She's blaming it on someone else: RT@Saksith: TR @jeerapong_nna: 16.40 PM confirms putting ballot in wrong box, says she followed officials instructions, notified EC already

Thait

I doubt you'll see any change in the protesters position. They have vowed to continue their protest until YL and her corrupt govt resign. That may just happen sooner than the 23rd especially considering the NACC is hot on her trail and the rice farmers are on the warpath now as well. Geez I wonder where all the money went that was supposed to be paid to the farmers?

Edited by fdimike

Two quick points:

1. Yingluck casting her ballots in the wrong boxes and then blaming someone else again for her own mistakes. What a pathetic excuse for a Prime Minister this person is. Can't use her brain - just follows what anyone tells her without thinking of the consequences. Sums her up perfectly.

2. People questioning why there is the need to wait until 23 February to announce results. This is the earliest that the polls can open in those areas that were unable to vote last weekend or today. Votes shouldn't be influenced by announcing earlier results. However, the chances of further delays are highly possible meaning this could drag on and on for weeks or months.

Not much to defend YS, but she has been clearly mislead by the ballot officer:

Said that... facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Wait till the 23rd of this month? But I would expect that even after those 'advance voting' re-sessions we'd still need voting in all districts were it wasn't or couldn't be held today?

BTW will anyone coming with preliminary results be handling unconstitutionally and be brought to court?

I'm thinking the same...why the 23rd and so long in this day and age?...are they counting by hand?...how antiquated...and more of an opportunity to scramble the votes

Plenty time for a bit of creative accounting me thinks

• Like 1

And on the 23rd what makes them think that they will be able to vote then? Different date = more blockades, more obstruction, more violence etc etc. What on earth do they think will be different? Just count the votes and be done with it.

When will the unpaid rice farmers see the color of their money I wonder?

It is a foregone conclusion that Red party preferred candidates will hold power but - wouldn't it be funny if some whacky no hoper party got up and nbeat ol Yingluck so she was relelgated to the back benches and some other nut case was PM.

How wonderful that would be to the THAKSON supportive fools

And on the 23rd what makes them think that they will be able to vote then? Different date = more blockades, more obstruction, more violence etc etc. What on earth do they think will be different? Just count the votes and be done with it.

Do you ever think when you post.

89% ok.. So next time all the resouces will be poured into the few areas where voting did not take place.

Yingluk is in power do obstruting it does not get them out, nor does a coup nor Junta.

EC are in charge and it up to them to organise it so they'll have to seek solutions!!! NOT the Governement job to do this and not their problem. If they have 6 months to decide if Yingluks ballot paper is in the wrong box (EC staff told her quite clearly which on so EC at fault here) Let Thailand spend more millions of tax payers money trying to get the Government out.

Seems no end of money available for trumped up and rig court cases. Pity the Elites didn't throw some of this into project that move the country forward rather than regaining power. People might vote for them that way.

In caretaker mode they only have the mob and the Judicial coup to fight. As they are restriced in what they can do, it makes their life easier.... They don't need all those agencies open and can set about moving office and bases further North if req.

Today with over 89% voting with not problems, prove, Bangkok is NOT Thailand and the idiots on the picnic are welcome to live in the city that is closed down.

I can see no pics of the 6 million picnicers by the way. Just another of Sutheps final days, final decisive battle and topped it with a picnic to block every single road in Bangkok. FAIL and in full public view

89% voted?

Well that would leave just 9% that supported Suthep and his fascist, reactionary thugs.

Oh the irony clap2.gif

BTW...where is Herr Suthep? awefully quiet today whistling.gif

• Like 1

89% ok.. So next time all the resouces will be poured into the few areas where voting did not take place.

Yingluk is in power do obstruting it does not get them out, nor does a coup nor Junta.

EC are in charge and it up to them to organise it so they'll have to seek solutions!!! NOT the Governement job to do this and not their problem. If they have 6 months to decide if Yingluks ballot paper is in the wrong box (EC staff told her quite clearly which on so EC at fault here) Let Thailand spend more millions of tax payers money trying to get the Government out.

Seems no end of money available for trumped up and rig court cases. Pity the Elites didn't throw some of this into project that move the country forward rather than regaining power. People might vote for them that way.

In caretaker mode they only have the mob and the Judicial coup to fight. As they are restriced in what they can do, it makes their life easier.... They don't need all those agencies open and can set about moving office and bases further North if req.

Today with over 89% voting with not problems, prove, Bangkok is NOT Thailand and the idiots on the picnic are welcome to live in the city that is closed down.

I can see no pics of the 6 million picnicers by the way. Just another of Sutheps final days, final decisive battle and topped it with a picnic to block every single road in Bangkok. FAIL and in full public view

89% voted?

Well that would leave just 9% that supported Suthep and his fascist, reactionary thugs.

Oh the irony clap2.gif

Yes the irony. 89+9=???

Ahh you got me...thumbsup.gif

What if Thaksin had farang in him? If I'm not mistaken the last military imposed Prime Minister was born in the UK., or so I'm led to believe, to diplomatic parent/s. He must be substantially cleaner than Thaksin, but then I suppose so is the Mafia. It's sad when miss-guided, uneducated people do not understand why Thaksin promised the rural poor all the things he did just to get elected in the first place, they were his licence to plunder the countries assets. They say that a military imposed Prime Minister is undemocratic, which is true, but at least he had some moral backbone, unlike the "Democratically elected" plunderer, who now has to run the country from Dubai. So what's democratic about him telling his little sister how to run the country and to get an amnesty bill through parliament, so that the he can get back into Thailand to take up where he left off. If it was my country, I'd rather have a clean military imposed leader, even though not so called democratically elected, than a democratically elected DICTATOR! We've seen this all before in South American countries, where once elected these sort of phariahs think that gives them permission to rule the people and not SERVE THE PEOPLE, which is what true democracy is supposed to be about. Love of your country and serving your fellow countrymen and women, not your own greedy power hungry agenda. Thailand, like all the other corrupt countries, past and present will get to an acceptable true democracy one day, but until the likes of the past corrupt system is eradicated in the minds of the people, it will be business as usual. Corruption, Corruption and more Corrruption. Sad that the masses of Thai people, whether they wear Red or any other colour do not realise that their country and standard of living is going nowhere with the likes of these people in charge. Thaksin bought Man.C football club. His motive was only to try to give legitimacy to try to use the UK., as a bolt hole if necessary. Thankfully the authorities in the UK., saw straight through this and after he was a convicted felon, denied him the right of a visa to stay in the UK. He thought he could use the UK., the same as he could buy his way into popularity with the Thai people. Maybe he thought all countries behaved the same way as he did/does.

• Like 2

She was clearly following instructions by the elections officers. Typical Thai cock-up which I'm sure they'll sort out without disenfranchising the PM.

Actually i think the second official told her...better check which box you put it in poocheesy.gif

I think they + cronies + camera team came self important inside, rush for the photo, ignoring the slaves standing around.

So they let it happen in an cynical way.....by not jumping in when the self important people show off.....

She was clearly following instructions by the elections officers. Typical Thai cock-up which I'm sure they'll sort out without disenfranchising the PM.

Yep,... she intended to elect herself under her brother's puppet orders,... 'nough said... giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Edited by MaxLee

89% voted?

Oh the irony clap2.gif

Yes the irony. 89+9=???

Ahh you got me...thumbsup.gif

Proof of intelligence of red supporters finally revealed. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

When will the unpaid rice farmers see the color of their money I wonder?

It is a foregone conclusion that Red party preferred candidates will hold power but - wouldn't it be funny if some whacky no hoper party got up and nbeat ol Yingluck so she was relelgated to the back benches and some other nut case was PM.

How wonderful that would be to the THAKSON supportive fools

Ah, we are getting there.

Yes, I agree, it would be great. Thailand needs more parties independent of both sides or it will never leave this cycle.

IF elected.. brilliant, if through mob violence No chance.

One thing I read today was that Thai Society is waking up to the facts that you can riot, commit crimes and fire guns in the street with imputity if you have the right connections. Some are fearing a more general break down in law and order as people lose respect for Gov agencies, Police and Courts.

Whilst the Police have always been known to be corrupt, that the Courts all chose to behave in the same way and try it on with a Judicial Coup, just leads the country downhill. NACC Chairman in a moment of madness in front of reporters said today, "I'll sort the problem out, I'll get her out on therice scheme charge" Luckily it found it's way onto Pantip and Twitter... more problems for the Dems side!!!

Lot of these old judges just not up to speed on social media and hand held phones are they. Much better when they could just write a little note to the army, telling them who to get rid of.

Third hand theories are now outed as BS we saw quite clearly yesterday that it was PDRC armed and on the streets. NOt to protect themselves, but to stop voters releasing the ballot papers.

the 2 Feb 2014 snap election was planned and held nationwide. Some provinces and districts could not have their election because of thugs blocking the registration centers and prior to election day prevented the distribution of ballot boxes and papers. Therefore new election date has to be scheduled for these affected places according to the election laws under the constitution.

EC Commissioners should know the law very well. I can't blame them if they don't. After all they are new and under pressure, manipulation and maneuvering of the DEM and it PDRC/PCAD. I hope they learn and be better Commissioners of EC and don't let democracy suffer.

Edited by icommunity
  • Like 1

If you ever needed an example of how the election are held in banana republic look not further than the one today. So many irregularities and illegal actions. The election is already a failure and only people with vested interest could claim that this joke of an election was legitimate and transparent. It would not stand anywhere in the western world. Actually, it would not take place anywhere in the western world because of the circumstances under which was held.

• Like 1