I need a pint bad! :(

jamhar

I'm starting to go into withdrawals here blink.png I need a beer badly! Does anyone have a countdown clock for when the beers are flowing in the bars again? I'm imagining a count down clock with one revolution that ticks off the time until the beers start flowing again. Like the one the Nazi's had in the movie "the battle of the buldge"w00t.gif

Yeah, i have beers and whiskey in the fridge but i'm what you call a "social drinker". I cant drink unless someone is having a pint with me. AND watching some pretty girls at the same time doesn't hurt either.whistling.gif

OK so when is it legal to serve beers in the bars again?

I have to admit that I fail to see the logic of the alcohol ban over the election period.

Is it a Thai tradition to get totally blasted and thus be unable to vote? I have my doubts. And those diehard drunks for whom that may be the case will surely be prepared, and have a stash of their favourite poison to see them over the 'dry' period.

It seems totally barmy to me.

Don't most alcoholics keep a carton of beer stashed at home?

laugh.png

Read the post carefully and report back.

To the OP - Bring a couple of ladies back to your place and have some beverages. If you deplete your supply of beer, send ladies out to buy some more - they'll know where to buy.

• Like 1

Me " so if the voting is finished why are the bars closed until 12 O' clock tonight?"

Thanks PJ for the info

Midnight!!??? <deleted>!! facepalm.gifsad.png

To the OP - Bring a couple of ladies back to your place and have some beverages. If you deplete your supply of beer, send ladies out to buy some more - they'll know where to buy.

Thanks thm! thumbsup.gif Dammit, I've been doing this all wrong!!!facepalm.gif Maybe if I learned some Thai, it would help huh?w00t.gif

Thanks guys, I have my count down clock set for midnight! But i doubt anyplace here will be opening up by that time.

Just as well, I want to get up early to catch the Superbowl on live stream somewhere :D

PS, has anyone else noticed how peaceful and serene its been the last couple of days? Its kinda nice! except for the part where i'm bored sh*tless!whistling.gif

I have to admit that I fail to see the logic of the alcohol ban over the election period.

Is it a Thai tradition to get totally blasted and thus be unable to vote? I have my doubts. And those diehard drunks for whom that may be the case will surely be prepared, and have a stash of their favourite poison to see them over the 'dry' period.

I had a conversation with my wife (Thai) on this very subject about three hours ago.

Wife " that is the voting finished now" I don't remember the exact time, around 5 or 6

i think.

Me " so if the voting is finished why are the bars closed until 12 O' clock tonight?"

Wife "that is to make sure the candidates don't give the voters money to have a party

tonight after the polling stations close'

Me " so the the voters can't get money for voting today and have a party tomorrow

then? "

Wife "No "

Nothing I said after that made any sense, to the wife, end of conversation.

So nisakiman there you have it Thai logic, now you know. cheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

You are lucky....mine just said no more beer...anytime. :-(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't most alcoholics keep a carton of beer stashed at home?

laugh.png

Read the post carefully and report back.

[/s] Sure

I had a conversation with my wife (Thai) on this very subject about three hours ago.

Wife " that is the voting finished now" I don't remember the exact time, around 5 or 6

i think.

Wife "that is to make sure the candidates don't give the voters money to have a party

tonight after the polling stations close'

Me " so the the voters can't get money for voting today and have a party tomorrow

then? "

Wife "No "

Nothing I said after that made any sense, to the wife, end of conversation.

So nisakiman there you have it Thai logic, now you know. cheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

You are lucky....mine just said no more beer...anytime. :-(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mothers know best ... rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Its to prevent parties being thrown by the Candidates on the Eve of Elections and through Election Day in an attempt to manipulate the vote of the electorate...

I've been informed that this was the initial logic behind the ban on alcohol over these periods....

As it happens, my wife and I went for a meal last night with a (farang) friend and his wife, and my friend managed to persuade the waiter to bring us a couple of beers (they sat on the bottom shelf of the drinks tray next to the table in a plastic bag - oh the subterfuge...), which warranted a 50 Baht tip when we paid, I thought. Then this evening (8 ish) the missus and I went to the local night market to do some shopping and grab a bite, and the lady with the drinks stall was quite happy to supply me with a beer to wash down the kaow pad muu. So I guess the deciding factor for whether you get a drink or not just depends on who (and how) you ask.

Same same in the states on election day. No sales until the polls close.

You know we all have guns over here so it keeps things a tad bit more civil.

The farong ones aren't smart enough to do that so they post on Thai Visa about it.

Guilty Impulse! :D but in my defense, I did not realize it would be groundhogs day lol

one funny story.

I was informed of the impending mandatory lent by a shop keeper who was trying to tell me there was no beer whiskey sales allowed, WHILE SHE WAS BAGGING SOME BEERS FOR A THIA CUSTOMER!w00t.gif I thanked her for the info, wai'd and left chuckleing :)

Its to prevent parties being thrown by the Candidates on the Eve of Elections and through Election Day in an attempt to manipulate the vote of the electorate...

I've been informed that this was the initial logic behind the ban on alcohol over these periods....

Same in Australia - used to be?