Why AreExpats So Stuck Up

kingstonkid

Sorry if i offended anyone. I realize that not all are but.

Here is my story. I live in rangsit in a small group of houses with many Expats teachers matter of fact i have 1 n either side of me.

There is a couple around my age and various other teachers.

Here is my question and I have noticed this on the streets in BKk and in malls.

First i am not handsome but not ugly i shave and brush my hair and teeth before I go out and wear good clothes.

However, if You smile and say hi hello to people they seem t look at yu as if you are the scum of the earth and that you are not worthy if they look at you at all.

my issue is that i have ended up isolated.

hence my question

i have even seen 2 teachers that i have been told tech at the same school get in line one behind the other and not even say HI.

WHY ARE EXPATS STUCK UP?

I am looking for real help here so please Trolls GO AWAY

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all caps. Topic title edited to remove all caps.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....I didn't want to start it, but I also saw teacher who were full of self importance.

You would believe they are professor for rocket science, but later you know they are from UK (just for example, no UK bashing) and teach English.

I am actually not smiling at other farangs, I am ignoring them. But if one is friendly to me I always be friendly as well smile back or say hello....

• Like 1

Soutpeel, on 02 Feb 2014 - 22:55, said:Soutpeel, on 02 Feb 2014 - 22:55, said:
Costas2008, on 02 Feb 2014 - 22:50, said:Costas2008, on 02 Feb 2014 - 22:50, said:

Yes, I agree with you.

There is something wrong with the teachers.

Generally, they have a chip on their shoulder, stuck up noses, and an inferiority complex.

They would criticize you for every mistake you make, and call you illiterate, doesn't matter if English is not your mother language.

Don't know why and how they got the idea that they are superior beings, because in reality they are just ordinary men or women working hard to earn some money to live.

Is it not to do with the fact a lot of teachers are in fact control freaks, and even when dealing with adults they really believe they are still in class with the children

That's a very good explanation, Soutpeel, but I still insist that they should try to change the bad attitude they have towards other people and especially foreigners.

If they carry this attitude in the class, I feel sorry for the kids they are teaching.

Of course, there are always exceptions.

Edited by Costas2008
  • Like 2

Yes, I see them in the nightclubs….just acting as if they own the world and are doing girls a favour by coming out. When you talk with them, they honestly believe that they can have any girl they want just by looking at her.

Why would you choose to live out in Rangsit? Maybe a reason you feel so isolated is because you are. Is it not an option to move to an area where there are more social activities and things to do?

• Like 1

Seen this myself, make's me laugh now, but in fairness it 50/50. I live nearly out in the sticks but I was walking along the road I was happy to see a farang walking towards me as there are not many English speaking people around here, I said hello as we had to walk pass each other he didn't even say hello or say anything, I think a lot of the English Teacher out here are crazy.gif

Then I past a Thai Guy who smiled and he said "where are you going?????"cheesy.gif

Edited by lmfao

Please don't blame the teachers. Many expat teachers are here to enjoy Thailand. While here, they need to support themselves!

Perhaps, blame the country for not projecting a good image in the law enforcement arena.

When foreigners get into trouble, there's no one to help them. Invariably, they try not to associate with people they don't know.

Try harder and reach out for them.

• Like 2

i know 1 who is very conceited but he was like that back home too ,he claims he won teacher of the year award ,but unconfirmed

in udon thani there is a bunch of these cretins who its best to avoid ,theyre all trouble exemplified

Edited by 3NUMBAS

However, if You smile and say hi hello to people they seem t look at yu as if you are the scum of the earth

Most of the time not to say every time if you smile to a Thai people you'll receive a nice smile as an answer so instead of saying hello and smiling to expats say sawat dee krap and smile to the Thais.smile.png

Thats how they interpret been professional and (manly me got big penis not you)you see it everywhere man in politics,sports,music industry,this is why I dont like competition in schools because it pits kids against one another and winners get to brag and loosers have to soak it up and then what work harder more determined to beat his ass right thats ugly coming from childrdn some may say its just a bit of fun but for the loosers it aint,and we know how hard there trying and taking it seriously look at those soccer fans and fights they get into.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand