PDRC leader Suthep warns banks against rice loans to government

webfact

Potjaman is rumoured to be fixing a deal

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I hope the farmers get paid, all politics aside. The poor farmers don't need to get caught up in this kind of crap.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe somone with more knowledge tham me may fill in the blanks.

If there was a run on the banks of people withdrawing money.

Would this not end up in a total collapse of the banks similar to Cyprus.

What effect would this have and what measures would they have in place

to stop this.

Has to create a new cause' all the others have failed miserably..The allure of the mistress fame is keeping this one flagging concepts that have been argued already and responded to already by the banks.. so what is the point dear Suthep..? They already decided they aren't gonna lend squat... so you are a day late and a dollar short of having any impact on this LMAO!!! The next warning will be to the RAIN GODS... "Don't you rain too much !!! Or your life will be very difficult!"

post-200033-0-48619900-1391420762_thumb.

I don't know where the money should come from but I would like to see the farmers paid ASAP. They have worked hard to provide us with food and deserve to be rewarded for there efforts.

I agree with this sentiment. PTP has tricked the farmers who also, it must be said, allowed their greed to overcome their common sense. Still, you don't want to see people and villages and provinces destroyed because of government chicanery. Something--I don't know what, short of a special tax on PTP members--should be done to help these people. But it should not further destabilize the nation's economy or run the risk of generating a panic and a run on banks. And it should at least look a little to the future and the desire to restore rice exports to their former level.

KRUNGTHAI denies granting loans for rice pledging scheme

By Digital Content

BANGKOK, Feb 3 - Thailand's state-owned KRUNGTHAI Bank's board of directors brushed aside reports that the bank is giving out loans to the caretaker government's rice-pledging scheme.

So that means they are/WERE "CONSIDERING, eh???? Get your money out of the banks folks,...

By Digital Content

BANGKOK, Feb 3 - Thailand's state-owned KRUNGTHAI Bank's board of directors brushed aside reports that the bank is giving out loans to the caretaker government's rice-pledging scheme.

So that means they are/WERE "CONSIDERING, eh???? Get your money out of the banks folks,...

Advocating a run on the banks? I would be very careful if I were you...............

So Suthep doesn't want for the farmers dto get paid.

This foul sack of sh!t doesn't care who suffers so long as he wins.

Keep following him, though, Bangkokians, Utopia awaits.

Isnt he working hard to get some of the red votes hehehehe,the man is a lunatic,he hasnt got a clue how to win an election.Maybe he think its an erection,he must get off on this

• Like 1

Just when there is a schism between Yingluck and the rice farmers Suthep opens his yap and

does his best to drive them back together. Who would you support the party that is trying to pay you

or the rascal trying to make sure you don't get paid. Would have been far better to work behind

the scene. But I guess he likes to hear himself speak. cheesy.gif

Yet another topic is turned into a Suthep bash by the rabid reds.

A meeting is taking place today among the bank's executives. It is reported that loans of Bt130 billion to the government, to be given at Bt20 billion/month, might be considered.

So after all a loan to the Govt 'might be' consider .

Still if they only get 20 billion a month that will not pay the farmers who are owed 100 billion now, well they will not all be paid for another 5 months.

Then there is more crop which is in the process of being harvested at the moment, at least some, if not most, of that will be pledged so that will mean the debt to the farmers will continue to rise and more and more will be needed.

The farmers sure need to be paid as whole communities will be suffering.

A disgraceful cock up by Kitteratt, white lies wont suffice this time.

• Like 1

Suthep right, if the bank give money to the Government for the rice pledging scheme, most of the money will go to the red thugs. And the banks must look, that they not going insolvent by given loans to a caretaker Government with BBB+ rating (for now). Suthep have no responsibility for this idiotic Government. Yinluck and Co have to resign directly, that an Interims Government can solve the problems. Anybody see this Government do anything for the rice farmers now? They do nothing, and the rice rotten in the warehouses. Rice farmers waiting for payments now 9 months, so please dont say anybody else is responsible. Before the resign, they forget to make sure that there is enough money, and if I remember right, there was 500 Billion for the rice, but 400 Billion going away...In oktober 2013 Taksin get 1 Billion US$ from Thai-officials, he say to Forbes...jingle bells...rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

i dont think he had to say anything as i think they are still not an elected government .still caretaker ....i dont think the banks would have the <deleted> to lend them anyway...people closing their accounts would do serious damage to them and their reputation...

Do not think for one minute that farmers have failed to notice the that state owned bank set up to help them has failed to support them in their time of need. To have an account with that bank requires the farmer to be a member of a co-operative in which each member cross-gurantees the other members. So why do they need that bank?

tragickingdom, on 03 Feb 2014 - 17:44, said:tragickingdom, on 03 Feb 2014 - 17:44, said:

Take out this thug. Or just cut all of the subsidies given to Southern Rubber tappers.

That is what started this.

The Rubber Road Blockages. When that did not work, the rest is history.

Lets pay the Rice Farmers, Please Election Comission as you do have the POWER to make it happen, the Gov. Pledge to buy the Rice.

and They did NOT Pledge to buy Suthep's "Rubber Stock" (That is what started all of this) btw coffee1.gif

Get real folks, The Dems and Suthep were in power to make these Reforms that now they are asking for, but they did what they always, do, nothing. Why is that?

Edited by Kan Win

Now, his threat should be broadcast nationwide and exposed this evil person for sabotaging the payments to the farmers. The farmers should now wake up to the fact that the Government has been working very hard to pay the farmers despite facing the opposition of EC. The farmer should instead rally to against any effort to block their payments.

That's why they the Farmers are protesting against the government, they want their money! That isn't anyone else's fault other than PTP. Or were you in another country when PTP failed to secure any loans from the banks last week?

By Digital Content

Advocating a run on the banks? I would be very careful if I were you...............

That could very well happen! If the government push this issue to hard that would be the end result, not just for the banks that loan the money but for the other banks as well.

And while I wouldn't think about taking any money out of the bank at the moment, I think it is something we all need to keep an eye on.

By Digital Content

That could very well happen! If the government push this issue to hard that would be the end result, not just for the banks that loan the money but for the other banks as well.

And while I wouldn't think about taking any money out of the bank at the moment, I think it is something we all need to keep an eye on.

By all means, withdraw your money if you like. However scaremongering, especially on a public forum is another matter altogether.

• Like 1

Now, his threat should be broadcast nationwide and exposed this evil person for sabotaging the payments to the farmers. The farmers should now wake up to the fact that the Government has been working very hard to pay the farmers despite facing the opposition of EC. The farmer should instead rally to against any effort to block their payments.

That's why they the Farmers are protesting against the government, they want their money! That isn't anyone else's fault other than PTP. Or were you in another country when PTP failed to secure any loans from the banks last week?

You just have to read how Suthep is intimidating the Banks. Before that EC blocked the loan. Not that PTP government don't want to pay the farmers.

You just have to read how Suthep is intimidating the Banks. Before that EC blocked the loan. Not that PTP government don't want to pay the farmers.

The only reason PTP want to pay the rice farmers is because if the don't they lose their voter base, ie they won't get elected. It wouldn't surprise me if having secured any loan they would turn around and say that to be fair a new election should be held.

They must be wondering now that numbers of voters and hearsay of how they voted comes to light. They know they are in trouble they are very worried! IMO

• Like 1

By all means, withdraw your money if you like. However scaremongering, especially on a public forum is another matter altogether.

It is not scaremongering to be wary of a government behaving like a wounded animal looking for a way out of it's own mess. I would also suggest that if the caretaker government push too hard it will be they who would be blamed for any run on the banks here.

Not to mention what that would do to investor sentiment from the international community! We might yet learn the real reason why the government introduced a state of emergency!

• Like 1

"He said . . . " Just look how many lines start with that opening.

All hot air. Fewer and fewer will be listening as the days go by.

I am a little confused...by what authority does he make his proclamations? What official office does he hold? Where is the real Thai leadership? Is there not anyone is Thailand...who can bring this mess to a conclusion without spilling more blood?

The only reason PTP want to pay the rice farmers is because if the don't they lose their voter base, ie they won't get elected. It wouldn't surprise me if having secured any loan they would turn around and say that to be fair a new election should be held.

They must be wondering now that numbers of voters and hearsay of how they voted comes to light. They know they are in trouble they are very worried! IMO

Your bias, it's so prejudiced that it prevents you from seeing the whole picture.

There is an old Malay saying, katak di bawah tempurung, which translates to a frog under a coconut shell (not dissimilar to a frog in a well).

If that is so WHY don't they pay them?

I would suggest Suthep to not forget that rice farmers are Thais in need. It is not enough to fight against the Taksin-regime, he, and the PDRC should look that they not walk the old elephant trail and not only change the master of the cake...wai2.gif

I think you are under the impression that Suthep is actually doing all this for the 'good of the people'! He only has in own agenda in mind, like avoiding court for murder and potentially becoming Dictator of Thailand.

Your bias, it's so prejudiced that it prevents you from seeing the whole picture.

There is an old Malay saying, katak di bawah tempurung, which translates to a frog under a coconut shell (not dissimilar to a frog in a well).

If reality is bias then OK I'm bias, And maybe you should take a note of that saying yourself! I say it how I see it.

I'm not claiming Suthep is better, Your failure to see that PTP have missed managed everything they have tried to do, They got themselves into this mess, the reality is they can't get themselves out of it. Not without showing the Thai People the big lie that the rice scheme has been.

There has only even been one real agenda for PTP, and that is Mr T. Is it a wonder they made a mess of everything else!

Really, if PTP were so intelligent they should be on a crest of the wave, basking in the glory of success, Happy in the knowledge they helped the poor rice farmers attain a better standard of living, improving the lot of Thailand. Instead we have government that has succeeded in virtually ruining the financial future not only of the rice farmers but of the nation as well. Just for one man!

So what would be your solution to the scam, more of the same?

• Like 2

I'm sure the government want to pay the rice farmers! It's just that they blew the budget because they knew the scam was not workable, Just as long as it got them the votes they needed!

• Like 1