PDRC leader Suthep warns banks against rice loans to government

webfact

Now, his threat should be broadcast nationwide and exposed this evil person for sabotaging the payments to the farmers. The farmers should now wake up to the fact that the Government has been working very hard to pay the farmers despite facing the opposition of EC. The farmer should instead rally to against any effort to block their payments.

That's why they the Farmers are protesting against the government, they want their money! That isn't anyone else's fault other than PTP. Or were you in another country when PTP failed to secure any loans from the banks last week?

You just have to read how Suthep is intimidating the Banks. Before that EC blocked the loan. Not that PTP government don't want to pay the farmers.

I'm sure the government want to pay the rice farmers! It's just that they blew the budget because they knew the scam was not workable, Just as long as it got them the votes they needed!

And while we're at it, maybe we should ask where all that money for new flood prevention went? Hmmmm? Just imagine what PTP would do if they got their hands on that multibillion baht infrastructure development fund! Thank God, that will not happen, now. PTP is finished. The mouth is still talking, but the body is dying.

• Like 2

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Suthep doesn't want for the farmers dto get paid.

This foul sack of sh!t doesn't care who suffers so long as he wins.

Keep following him, though, Bangkokians, Utopia awaits.

I find you description of Suthep extremely offensive and inappropriate.

But accurate............

I would suggest Suthep to not forget that rice farmers are Thais in need. It is not enough to fight against the Taksin-regime, he, and the PDRC should look that they not walk the old elephant trail and not only change the master of the cake...wai2.gif

I think you are under the impression that Suthep is actually doing all this for the 'good of the people'! He only has in own agenda in mind, like avoiding court for murder and potentially becoming Dictator of Thailand.

I think that having a few murder charges hanging over his head and the state of his finances as reported in BP today might have something to do with it, he's in the red big time. saai.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Is PDRC leader now "buying support and votes" by raising money and giving it free to farmers.................. ??

No. Suthep (not a politician) is raising freely given money from anti Thaksin protestors for the farmers .. see the difference?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker
  • Like 1

I would suggest Suthep to not forget that rice farmers are Thais in need. It is not enough to fight against the Taksin-regime, he, and the PDRC should look that they not walk the old elephant trail and not only change the master of the cake...wai2.gif

I think you are under the impression that Suthep is actually doing all this for the 'good of the people'! He only has in own agenda in mind, like avoiding court for murder and potentially becoming Dictator of Thailand.

If that were 100% true. Why didn't he skip the country while he had money? ... like Thaksin did!

Another key PDRC leader also urged all protesters who have money in any bank to withdraw their money if their banks provide loans to the government.

The Public Debt Management Office invited financial institutions to hear terms on the bridging loan auction today after the first round failed with no bidders.

The loan in the second round auction will be doubled to 40 billion baht.

Hit them in the wallet, that's where it really hurts. I don't understand why Suthep hasn't pushed the idea of people boycotting all Shin businesses. Get after it, and mail me a copy of the list.

I hope "Stupid" I mean Suthep keeps plugging away at the banks not to lend money to pay the farmers, the farmers will know he is part of their problem!

You know "Boycott" is a doubled edge sword, very effective, we boycotted grapes and lettuce in the US and brought the growers to their knees.

I believe the rich elite advocating a boycott can have it back fire on them, the country folks are the purchasers of their products, all would need to tell people to stop buying Red Bull, Singha beer, and what ever other products ( buy another brand) the Yellow backers and businesses sell, the rich are much more likely to be devastated financially by any boycott!

Let them cast the first boycott stone!

Cheers

Now, his threat should be broadcast nationwide and exposed this evil person for sabotaging the payments to the farmers. The farmers should now wake up to the fact that the Government has been working very hard to pay the farmers despite facing the opposition of EC. The farmer should instead rally to against any effort to block their payments.

That's why they the Farmers are protesting against the government, they want their money! That isn't anyone else's fault other than PTP. Or were you in another country when PTP failed to secure any loans from the banks last week?

You just have to read how Suthep is intimidating the Banks. Before that EC blocked the loan. Not that PTP government don't want to pay the farmers.

The EC did not block a loan. They told PT it was illegal to raise a loan as a caretaker govt. told them they could raise a loan if they chose to, but any legal action would be on PT not the EC.

The farmers have not been paid since October. It is PT and PT alone who are to blame for this non payment.

• Like 2

Another key PDRC leader also urged all protesters who have money in any bank to withdraw their money if their banks provide loans to the government.

The Public Debt Management Office invited financial institutions to hear terms on the bridging loan auction today after the first round failed with no bidders.

Hit them in the wallet, that's where it really hurts. I don't understand why Suthep hasn't pushed the idea of people boycotting all Shin businesses. Get after it, and mail me a copy of the list.

I hope "Stupid" I mean Suthep keeps plugging away at the banks not to lend money to pay the farmers, the farmers will know he is part of their problem!

You know "Boycott" is a doubled edge sword, very effective, we boycotted grapes and lettuce in the US and brought the growers to their knees.

I believe the rich elite advocating a boycott can have it back fire on them, the country folks are the purchasers of their products, all would need to tell people to stop buying Red Bull, Singha beer, and what ever other products ( buy another brand) the Yellow backers and businesses sell, the rich are much more likely to be devastated financially by any boycott!

Cheers

If the so called "poor' you refer to stopped buying products made by the rich, they would be on a diet of fish and rice washed down with home brewed Lao Khao and well water.

They love beer made by the rich, Chang & Leo to name the most popular. They'd have to stop using those mobiles built by rich companies in Taiwan and S.Korea using AIS & DTAC owned by rich people. Get rid of those truck built by rich companies with elite owners.

Edited by ratcatcher

I don't know where the money should come from but I would like to see the farmers paid ASAP. They have worked hard to provide us with food and deserve to be rewarded for there efforts.

yes but that would run contrary to Sutheps ambitions, He is hoping they don't get paid so that he might gain some of their support. He really does not care what happens to them or the country as long as he accomplishes his political goals.

• Like 1

I don't know where the money should come from but I would like to see the farmers paid ASAP. They have worked hard to provide us with food and deserve to be rewarded for there efforts.

yes but that would run contrary to Sutheps ambitions, He is hoping they don't get paid so that he might gain some of their support. He really does not care what happens to them or the country as long as he accomplishes his political goals.

Same as PT really.

Same as PT really.

unfortunately, I agreesad.png

I have no lost love for them either, but at this time IMO they are the lesser of two evils.

Cheers

If the so called "poor' you refer to stopped buying products made by the rich, they would be on a diet of fish and rice washed down with home brewed Lao Khao and well water.

They love beer made by the rich, Chang & Leo to name the most popular. They'd have to stop using those mobiles built by rich companies in Taiwan and S.Korea using AIS & DTAC owned by rich people. Get rid of those truck built by rich companies with elite owners.

Let them go ahead then, its their money, bring it on!!

Is there a possibility of independent body taking on the task to pay the farmers, clearly ptp should not take the credit for paying them and they are definately not to be trusted with any money.

and there lays the crux of the problem, Suthep don't care if the Farmers get paid, but who get's the credit.

Is there a possibility of independent body taking on the task to pay the farmers, clearly ptp should not take the credit for paying them and they are definately not to be trusted with any money.

and there lays the crux of the problem, Suthep don't care if the Farmers get paid, but who get's the credit.
One person comes to mind but he is out of politics.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Do you know any independent bodies with 130 billion baht prepared to pay farmers with no guarantee of a repayment? Well, maybe Thaksin Shinawatra, he's got a few bucks to spare.

I have guys offer me a bridge in New York and resort land in the Everglades once in a while .

Why is a man, who is all of a sudden so caring about the farmers plight, hell bent on making sure the government don't get money to pay them?

I'm scratching my head but I just can't figure out how this would help the farmers current situation.

Why is a man, who is all of a sudden so caring about the farmers plight, hell bent on making sure the government don't get money to pay them?

I'm scratching my head but I just can't figure out how this would help the farmers current situation.

Because there is no government. Remember? And the government before dissolution did not have the money budgeted to pay the farmers. They are technically, skint, boracic, whatever. Begging is what they are trying to do. Whoever they borrow from has no guarantee they will be repaid.

The EC did not block a loan. They told PT it was illegal to raise a loan as a caretaker govt. told them they could raise a loan if they chose to, but any legal action would be on PT not the EC.

The farmers have not been paid since October. It is PT and PT alone who are to blame for this non payment.

There you go with your fairy tales again,

The care taker government can apply for a loan, The EC has to approve or reject the loan, the right to approve a loan is given to the EC when a caretaker government ask for a loan approval.

The PTP must take responsibility for not paying the farmers prior to them becoming a care taker government, but since they became a caretaker government the only agency that can approve a loan is the EC., who up to this point the EC has refused to do!

In this morning BP newspaper there was an announcement the Government received a loan for 17 billion baht, which is part of 20 billion in loans. that was approved by the Board on January 8,, the "process of finalizing the loan and transferring the funds. however. was disrupted by anti-government protesters"

Documents that the protesters have held up the loans for over a month.

The farmers will began receiving payments from the 17 billion baht next Monday!

Cheers

Because there is no government. Remember? And the government before dissolution did not have the money budgeted to pay the farmers. They are technically, skint, boracic, whatever. Begging is what they are trying to do. Whoever they borrow from has no guarantee they will be repaid.

I remember and you know what I meant.

So what you are saying is that he is more concerned about whether a bank gets repaid over whether the farmers get any money?

Do you want to know what I think? I think he doesn't want the gov...sorry the caretaker government to get any loans because it suits his cause to have the farmers annoyed with the PTP, do you disagree?

The care taker government can apply for a loan, The EC has to approve or reject the loan, the right to approve a loan is given to the EC when a caretaker government ask for a loan approval.

The PTP must take responsibility for not paying the farmers prior to them becoming a care taker government, but since they became a caretaker government the only agency that can approve a loan is the EC., who up to this point the EC has refused to do!

In this morning BP newspaper there was an announcement the Government received a loan for 17 billion baht, which is part of 20 billion in loans. that was approved by the Board on January 8,, the "process of finalizing the loan and transferring the funds. however. was disrupted by anti-government protesters"

Cheers

There you go again with your blinkered vision again.

The EC explained the law to PT and told them what the law said they could do. They told them that it was illegal to create a debt as a caretaker govt that the next govt would be responsible for.

Payment was due in October. No one has disrupted payment, PT has repeatedly failed to meet payment dates because they do not have the money to do so. This is because their inept rice scheme is a colossal failure. They have betrayed their core support.

As for the money raised, can anyone remind me how much PT owe the farmers at present? Is 17 billion enough?

Cheers

The EC explained the law to PT and told them what the law said they could do. They told them that it was illegal to create a debt as a caretaker govt that the next govt would be responsible for.

Payment was due in October. No one has disrupted payment, PT has repeatedly failed to meet payment dates because they do not have the money to do so. This is because their inept rice scheme is a colossal failure. They have betrayed their core support.

As for the money raised, can anyone remind me how much PT owe the farmers at present? Is 17 billion enough?

Nope .. way short. Only 113 billion left to find ... but surely knowing that these payments were coming due the government would HAVE the money! No... kiko... what's your spin on this? Your fantastic upholder of democracy Yingluck forgot?

Cheers

Again your blind mans vision.

Of course you will deny the BP article titled "EC rejects governments request for loans to pay farmers" dated 1-22-2014, the EC made a unanimous decision 5-0 that they lacked the authority to approve a loan.

PTP states the budget was approved by the cabinet on September 3, 2013, the payment was held up because the Democrat asked for the budget to be reviewed and after the review resigned en mass forcing the dissolution, the 130 billion baht has ready been allocated in the 2013-2014 budget and approved by the cabinet last September. There is no new program that would obligate the next government.

The 17 billion was the first loan it had approved, they are pressing forward with the loans because the money has already been allocated and approved prior to the governments care taker status.

Cheers

• Like 2