I'm going to be a multi - millionaire or die in futures

At 13:11, the $CAD March 2013 contract is trading at .8979 That is a change of .0012 X 300 contracts for a profit of 1.2 million baht if I closed immediately. For 1 hour of doing nothing.

I am not making this stuff up. You can make incredible money with futures. But the real money is not implying the hourly swings but holding out for the home run. If the dollar goes to where I hope, by next year I will have an additional 150 million baht. Of course, if it goes against me, I walk away with my life savings gone.

Some traders make $10 million $USD in a minute. 100 contracts will give you $1 million USD in a move of 1 cent. When employment or monetary information is realized, I've seen moves of 1.5 cents in 2 minutes. Do the math.

And if it moves the other way, what is your maximum exposure/loss?

I agree with his thought that "if I lose I just have to go back to work anyway". I like that thinking..... there is a plus side, but the minus side is just the status quo, so why not go for it? I think there is something to that thinking.

At 13:11, the $CAD March 2013 contract is trading at .8979 That is a change of .0012 X 300 contracts for a profit of 1.2 million baht if I closed immediately. For 1 hour of doing nothing.

I am not making this stuff up. You can make incredible money with futures. But the real money is not implying the hourly swings but holding out for the home run. If the dollar goes to where I hope, by next year I will have an additional 150 million baht. Of course, if it goes against me, I walk away with my life savings gone.

Interested to know why you are plunging it all into high risk and aren't spreading it around. I'm just starting out on CFD (although I'm not actually doing myself) I've invested an amount that I wouldn't want to lose but if I did lose it, I've still got plenty left. The rewards are very high but so are the risks. That's why I have the majority of my investments spread around.

I agree with his thought that "if I lose I just have to go back to work anyway". I like that thinking..... there is a plus side, but the minus side is just the status quo, so why not go for it? I think there is something to that thinking.

That is totally wrong way to think, there are many other things that can go wrong in life and that type of thinking leads to ruin.

Also the fact of the matter is with Futures he can loose much more than what's in his account, read the small print, so this is about as far from arbitrage as possible

Sadly...that plate is taken.

I am confused...it does not take much...300 contracts x 100k each....whatever that equals...but you say you do not need the cash upfront, surely you have to guarantee it somehow...especially with that amount of dosh.

I'm along for the ride with you.

I'm also with Interactive and I shorted 300 CAD Mar'14 GLOBEX @ 0.9001 with my paper trading account. So far, in the first 10 minutes I'm down 35K. Strangely, my commission was $741, not the $2000 you stated.

I had to put up $447,375 of initial margin, with no daytime maintenance margin requirements you could be wiped out in an instant, especially with that kind of leverage.

Whereustay, I strongly recommend you read 'The Disciplined Trader' by Mark Douglas. In a nutshell, he says the type of risk-seeking behaviour you have will lead you to continiously blow up accounts even if you are successful occasionally. Trading those sizes can be an addiction and you probably need to change your whole frame of mind to be successful long-term. Even if you win this time, do you really think you will be able to give it up?

Now, I'm down 50K. Enjoy the ride!

• Like 2

$Cad futures are traded on the CME, every tick is 10 dollar so 300 cars *10=3,000 a tick. margin is1800 a car, 1800*300= 540,000 that is what he has to post at the clearing firm to trade this postion. it can work but i would trade smaller and build up cash first. i saw a dentist once turn 10k into 10 million u.s. then lose it all. it is possible just have the discipline to stop

• Like 1

I trade sports, not financials, but I would never put my bank on the favourite in the 3.0 pm at Ascot in the hope I get rich or go broke. Makes no sense. If you can make great money scalping, like you intimate, why risk going broke? Psychologically flawed. Put it right and live to fight on! Good luck , whatever you do.

Betting everything for the chance of living a 'multi-millionaire's lifestyle' isn't worth it. Since you must be already well off, you know that it isn't a thrill-ride the whole time. You'd get used to it. Just bet what you can afford to lose i.e., not your whole life savings, as you say.

You don't believe people make money trading? One trip to New York City will open your eyes.

Sure, the streets are paved with gold.

PS maybe the guy we should be talking to today is the one who went long.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1