Driver Takes Wrong Turn, Gets Shot Near PCAD Rally

Lite Beer

Why are armed militias from Suthep allowed to shoot people in Bangkok at will every day?

Get this militia off the streets - NOW!

Why have armed people been allowed to shoot and bomb the protesters.

Who up until very recently have been generally non violent protests???

Get the Police to do their job!

And that probably answers both questions!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why are armed militias from Suthep allowed to shoot people in Bangkok at will every day?

These are ultra-royalist paramilitary militias. Further discussion on the matter is illegal in Thailand and against TV rules if it includes mention of those who cannot be mentioned.

And where is the proof that those that attacked the protesters are not also paid by Suthep? To stir up hate and cause violence?

He wants to force the army to intervene. He's calling for it every day. Nobody benefits from violence except Suthep.

This is a guy who has a proven history of giving orders to fire on his own people.

Sad situation, but as I recall the yellow shirts have been victims of red shirt thugs lobbing grenades and shooting at yellow shirts protests and encampments in cowardly hit and run attacks for years from bridges and flyovers, now they are shooting back.

The first attack as I can recall was back on 29th November 2008 when the airport was shut down and have happened ever since, now the yellow shirts a shooting back, just not cricket.

Unfortunately as I have witnessed so often so often in Thailand no entry and road closed means nothing unless there is a policeman manning a barrier to enforce traffic regulation, but this is no excuse.

But I understand from earlier reports the car was following a motor bike that did a u turn, presume that is what spooked them.

And where is the proof that those that attacked the protesters are not also paid by Suthep? To stir up hate and cause violence?

He wants to force the army to intervene. He's calling for it every day. Nobody benefits from violence except Suthep.

This is a guy who has a proven history of giving orders to fire on his own people.

Right!

post-195835-13914163442708_thumb.jpg

Sad situation, but as I recall the yellow shirts have been victims of red shirt thugs lobbing grenades and shooting at yellow shirts protests and encampments in cowardly hit and run attacks for years from bridges and flyovers, now they are shooting back.

The first attack as I can recall was back on 29th November 2008 when the airport was shut down and have happened ever since, now the yellow shirts a shooting back, just not cricket.

Unfortunately as I have witnessed so often so often in Thailand no entry and road closed means nothing unless there is a policeman manning a barrier to enforce traffic regulation, but this is no excuse.

But I understand from earlier reports the car was following a motor bike that did a u turn, presume that is what spooked them.

Taken a few nights ago. There are 2 entrance to the bridge from Samyan, this is one of them, the other 2 hundred meter down the road (where the high raise Chamturi squarte building is located..

Mostly unman, something police, sometime PCAD man. It is often open up to let ambulance or PCAD people pass.

I often see people move it aside and drive up. A few minute later, they have to reverse down.

Note that the metal barriers are very light.

post-200079-0-46916300-1391416213_thumb.

Edited by Suriya4
  • Like 1

Right!

Do you have evidence it was red shirts? If not, then I guess it could have just as well been Suthep's men, right?

On the other hand, in the Laksi evidence we have clear evidence of Suthep's men using heavy weapons on the streets of Bangkok in broad daylight.

These are ultra-royalist paramilitary militias. Further discussion on the matter is illegal in Thailand and against TV rules if it includes mention of those who cannot be mentioned.

Unless things have changed in the past week, the ones causing trouble are the 'rent-a-thug's from the south.

A bridge that is blocked with cones and barriers and somebody "just took a wrong turn". Give me a break! Propaganda at it's best! facepalm.gif

Learn to read, then come back.

It clearly says SEVERAL (which means more than one) motorists took a wrong turn thinking the bridge was open. It was open and closed several times during the past days so its clear to see how someone might drive into it thinking it is currently open.

Your attempt to defend Suthep's militia shooting at people in Bangkok at their own free will is nothing short of disgusting.

They've been shot at, grenaded and RPG'd over the past few weeks. If the police are unwilling to protect them from violence then taking up arms is a reasonable course of action. Obviously shooting at an unarmed vehicle without provocation is unreasonable but it certainly is understandable.

Where is the rule of law?The buys on brown might be useless but they are better than these armed thugs. Swaggering around randomly harrassing people. One step away from anarchy. We want our streets back!

They've been shot at, grenaded and RPG'd over the past few weeks. If the police are unwilling to protect them from violence then taking up arms is a reasonable course of action. Obviously shooting at an unarmed vehicle without provocation is unreasonable but it certainly is understandable.

What a stupid range of comments wprime

And you are serious aren't you, amazing!

1512042.gif

Edited by Thailand

. Obviously shooting at an unarmed vehicle without provocation is unreasonable but it certainly is understandable.

Sorry, I Don't understand. Wouldn't it be better to take suthep and his scum off the streets now ?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The government benefits from violence as it legitimizes the use of force against the protestors. Suthep is calling for the army to protect them as the police are not doing their job.

The police have caught at least one of these attackers and have arrested arms smugglers on a regular basis, if they were affiliated with Suthep we'd know about it.

What a stupid range of comments wprime

and you have no sense of empathy.

The government benefits from violence as it legitimizes the use of force against the protestors. Suthep is calling for the army to protect them as the police are not doing their job.

The police have caught at least one of these attackers and have arrested arms smugglers on a regular basis, if they were affiliated with Suthep we'd know about it.

Bullpoop. The government does not want violence. Suthep wants violence so that he can force the army into a coup.

The Laksi men in black with heavy weapons firing from the pro-Suthep protester crowd into the pro-election crowd, caught on CNN and BBC - what was that? They can even be heard on one of the videos saying "quick, hide the weapons, the army is coming?"

Edited by ShannonT

The movie Downfall comes to mind. The paranoia that characterizes PCAD is scary. They see enemies everywhere. Whether it is imaginary Cambodian mercenaries, or secret agents descending from non existent helicopters, or police snipers disguised as window cleaners and now this.

Who the F are PCAD to shoot at motorists? Seriously, when did they become judge, jury and executioner? Wasn't Chalerm going to have this guy and his gang of nutters arrested by now? Why doesn't Chalerm and his so called public security agency get off their posteriors and go and protect innocent people and either disarm these violent lunatics or arrest them? That's the bloody idiocy in all this. Armed idiots shooting at people and the people who are responsible for public safety sitting by with their thumbs inserted up their posteriors.

" Wasn't Chalerm going to have this guy and his gang of nutters arrested by now? Why doesn't Chalerm and his so called public security agency get off their posteriors and go and protect innocent people and either disarm these violent lunatics or arrest them? "

GK, as I have said several times before. He could, he should, he ought to, he might, he was supposed to, he would if he could but he can't.

There are bigger guns in this city than Marshal Chalerm and regardless of all his braggadocio, he is afraid to make the first move, except towards the cabinet (drinks, that is).

Sadly such tragic events are not unknown elsewhere. Wrong place wrong time, the consequences can and were fatal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/events/army_corporals_killed_at_ira_funeral

That incident took place a long, long time ago, indeed, it was during my own lengthy period of military service, a time when I was also required to carry out duties in Northern Ireland.

I have made some comments on TV.com before about the danger of Thailand falling into a state similar to the "Northern Ireland problem", and there is no doubt that that is not a direction that this country wants to go. There are only losers in that kind of war, no winners...!

The outcome for these two young lads who had inadvertently wandered into the IRA funeral was particularly horrific. Both were beaten severely, indeed, to within an inch of their lives, before eventually being bungled into a "Black Cab" where they were finally shot. An Army helicopter captured the final moments, whilst a reporter on the ground recorded graphic details of how one of them begged for his life with one eye hanging out of his head.

So yes, it is possible to take a wrong turn and pay the ultimate price...!!

• Like 1

It is impossible to take a "wrong turn" onto this bridge. It is closed by cones and metal barriers that would need to be physically moved as a car cannot get through. I know as I look down on it from my office in Chamchuri Square, and drive past it every day. More to this story I feel.

There might be. However, before the business about "red" Khao Sod fabricating stories starts, I'd like to point out it was reported by other media people, including Nation journalist Noppatjak.

Richard Barrow @RichardBarrow 14h

Motorist who was injured when his car was shot at on the Thai-Japanese Bridge near Chamchuri Square (Pic @noppatjak)

Bfe4jIMCIAApUWe.jpg

tukky_nt @tukky_nt 14h

A woman injured in one of the cars shot on Thai-Japanese Brdg; not far fr PDRC stage at Lumpini Park via @noppatjak pic.twitter.com/AMFh2lbT0i

tukky_nt @tukky_nt

11.17pm: At least three cars were shot on Thai-Japanese Bridge near Chamchuree Square, Samyan via @noppatjak pic.twitter.com/Wh6I5OgBkl

' One outa three ain't good.'

Front runner for Thai Visa Worst Post of the Year 2014. Well done, and good luck WPRIME!

• Like 1

Why don't the Police surround the encampments and block off all supplies to the protesters? Force them to do something. You can't as the government just let protesters control the city. I have never seen this in any other country. Unbelievable.

• Like 1

. Obviously shooting at an unarmed vehicle without provocation is unreasonable but it certainly is understandable.

Sorry, I Don't understand. Wouldn't it be better to take suthep and his scum off the streets now ?

Yes it would. They are not helping anyone and the courts will end this all anyway.

• Like 1