Poll: what is your nationality and race/ethnicity?

wym

What is your nationality and/or ethnicity  

241 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Poll noob here so forgive me if I screw it up, mods feel free to fix.

Note it's anonymous - but feel free to share here if you like - I'm a white 'murikan.

if you have more than one passport put the one where you were born and/or grew up.

And let's not get too rabid about my choices of categories - personally I realize there is no such objective classifier from a scientific POV, I realize it's broad brush strokes, no offense meant.

Edited by wym
  • Like 1

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

" West Asian (Indian etc) or Middle-eastern". India is southern Asia. Western Asia is the Middle East.

OK, but apparently too late to edit - wanted to include in the same category as middle-easterners anyway.

Most likely (I'm predicting) not a large percentage here. . .

" West Asian (Indian etc) or Middle-eastern". India is southern Asia. Western Asia is the Middle East.

OK, but apparently too late to edit - wanted to include in the same category as middle-easterners anyway.

Most likely (I'm predicting) not a large percentage here. . .

I have voted on your Poll,and it would be nice if you could tell us the purpose,or Hypothesis,at least towards the close of your Poll.

Edited by MAJIC

I have voted on your Poll,and it would be nice if you could tell us the purpose,or Hypothesis,at least towards the close of your Poll.

Simply curious, stimulated by someone posting in the age poll.

American by birth, Texan by choice.

So you are American from the USA then ... rolleyes.gif

I am Mexican, hence I am Americian

I am Brazilian, hence I am American

I am ...

Yes, I know you guys hate it when I refer to that wee fact!

Grrrrrrr David I hate it but you're right grrrrr

I detest being called a North American.

Edited by ToddWeston
  • Like 1

mate you havent added enough, I am aussie(second fleet and 1854 immigration) with french(bigot), german(schmidt), scottish(mcleans/stewarts) and english(priest) backgrounds, mum always said there was irish in there too but I havent found that. The names are my grandparents(incl. maiden names), there are several more in the family tree along with 8 second fleeters so I am a real bitsa.

I have polled as UK but I consider myself Scottish first then UK then European then a citizen of the planet Earth.

Hopefully in a few months time you will be ex UK. That'll make us English happy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

mate you havent added enough, I am aussie(second fleet and 1854 immigration) with french(bigot), german(schmidt), scottish(mcleans/stewarts) and english(priest) backgrounds, mum always said there was irish in there too but I havent found that. The names are my grandparents(incl. maiden names), there are several more in the family tree along with 8 second fleeters so I am a real bitsa.

Maybe we're related -- I've been called on here a Bigot as well. (Cracker from Florida)

I have polled as UK but I consider myself Scottish first then UK then European then a citizen of the planet Earth.

Isnt that like an Australian saying they're English? Why do Scot's have this habit of switching between both?

My friend does this and its really annoying.. Im from England but im really Scottish. But hes born in England..

Do African Americans say "Im an American, but im really African.."

ToddWeston, on 04 Feb 2014 - 07:22, said:ToddWeston, on 04 Feb 2014 - 07:22, said:
David48, on 04 Feb 2014 - 07:18, said:David48, on 04 Feb 2014 - 07:18, said:
sdanielmcev, on 04 Feb 2014 - 02:59, said:sdanielmcev, on 04 Feb 2014 - 02:59, said:

American by birth, Texan by choice.

So you are American from the USA then ... rolleyes.gif

I am Mexican, hence I am Americian

I am Brazilian, hence I am American

I am ...

Yes, I know you guys hate it when I refer to that wee fact!

Grrrrrrr David I hate it but you're right grrrrr

I detest being called a North American.

I would as well I think.

But it doesn't normally happen as I'm from Northern Ireland, originally anyway...................rolleyes.gif

tongue.png

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 2

Isnt that like an Australian saying they're English? Why do Scot's have this habit of switching between both?

My friend does this and its really annoying.. Im from England but im really Scottish. But hes born in England..

Do African Americans say "Im an American, but im really African.."

That's heritage.

I am Welsh and British. Where your parents are from, where you were born and where you were brought up all factor.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1