Poll: what is your nationality and race/ethnicity?

wym

What is your nationality and/or ethnicity  

241 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The "silly queens" children and grandchildren go off to war. One of your presidents was a draft dodger,hid in Canada, another joined the National Guard to get out of going to war, another enrolled in college to avoid consciption, I could go on forever if necessary .All draft dodgers.

A new topic eh? American Presidents. None were draft dodgers and none went into hiding in Canada. You are wrong.

It is best to keep your mouth shut and have people think your dumb than to open it and prove your are.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The "silly queens" children and grandchildren go off to war. One of your presidents was a draft dodger,hid in Canada, another joined the National Guard to get out of going to war, another enrolled in college to avoid consciption, I could go on forever if necessary .All draft dodgers.

A new topic eh? American Presidents. None were draft dodgers and none went into hiding in Canada. You are wrong.

It is best to keep your mouth shut and have people think your dumb than to open it and prove your are.

OK smarty pants. Post one link that says Clinton or any other President went to Canada to avoid the draft. Then we find out who is the real ***** is.

Deer should not toy with tiger. CC (The Golden Eye)wai2.gif

Edited by thailiketoo

Oh please save me ... an repeated conversation with a Thai immigration Official is now being offered as proof of an 'American' Passport ... facepalm.gif

* sigh *

Travelinggg.jpg

Looks the United States of America to me ... whistling.gif

Good old US of A ...

Guys, just accept it as a fact ... the USA is simply that ... the USA ... and a great and powerful nation it is.

But it's not 'America'.

It's popular colloquialism to refer to the USA as America, undoubtedly ... but the country is the USA.

How many international conventions would you like recognized?

Your Passport ...

United Nations ...

521f6cceb2e0f.preview-300.jpg

Your own Postage Stamp ...

stamps5.jpg

How about the Official Olympic Team Logo?

olympic-team-logo.jpg

Lets just end this conversation there and return to the OP's question ... OK?

Why? It was ,is, one of the dumbest topics yet. Only you mob from Yankeeland cant see that.

Why would you tell David who is an Australian that?

Yankeeland is a small town in central Tasmania.

You might want to google most decorated units in Vietnam. One of the most highly decorated units was a National Guard unit. So, yes National guard units saw service and fought and died in Vietnam. Of course Bush was a jet fighter pilot and that's not a dangerous job is it? You must not have known that National guardsmen served in Vietnam. Well now you do.wai2.gif

Edited by thailiketoo

OK smarty pants. Post one link that says Clinton or any other President went to Canada to avoid the draft. Then we find out who is the real ***** is.

Deer should not toy with tiger. CC (The Golden Eye)wai2.gif

I got the Canada bit from TV.Should have known better. However, he conned to draft board with his ROTC antics to draft dodge, as you are well aware. Over and out. I've got more important things to do with my time than to spend all day here.

Why? It was ,is, one of the dumbest topics yet. Only you mob from Yankeeland cant see that.

Good reply. That explains everything. Yankeeland is a derisive term for the USA.

From the Lingo dictionary of favorite Australian words.

I got the Canada bit from TV.Should have known better. However, he conned to draft board with his ROTC antics to draft dodge, as you are well aware. Over and out. I've got more important things to do with my time than to spend all day here.

You wrote, "It is best to keep your mouth shut and have people think your dumb than to open it and prove your are." Were you talking about yourself then?

Clinton got a student deferment for going to Oxford that's a college somewhere in England I think. I heard he had trouble getting into Kentucky State (unsubstantiated rumor though.)

Edited by thailiketoo

Good reply. That explains everything. Yankeeland is a derisive term for the USA.

While you got your dictionary out, look up septics.As in septic tanks.

You wrote, "It is best to keep your mouth shut and have people think your dumb than to open it and prove your are." Were you talking about yourself then?

Clinton got a student deferment for going to Oxford that's a college somewhere in England I think. I heard he had trouble getting into Kentucky State (unsubstantiated rumor though.)

Ozzies are big enough to admit when they get something wrong,as I did. Septics always think they are right.

No matter what anyone deludedly says, the United States' people refer to themselves as Americans. Americans (the good ol' Us of A) are willing to fight your wars for you, and we don't need a silly queen to do it for. As in war, you may not believe in God, but you're dam_n glad the Stars and Stripes are on your side; therein lies your hypocrisy. And one thing I can't stand is a hypocrite. And, fro now on I think I'll refer to all people from the Australian continent as Britons using the same logic as US of A ain't full of Americans.

Rubbish. Although the US tipped the scales, the primary reason the USA entered WW1 & 11 was for national security/self interest reasons, not to fight other countries wars. On the reverse side don't forget the thousands who have died assisting the US to fight their wars, a fact this is unfortunately overlooked by some US citizens. BTW one of the most higly decorated military persons in the Vietnam War was a British national.

No matter what anyone deludedly says, the United States' people refer to themselves as Americans. Americans (the good ol' Us of A) are willing to fight your wars for you, and we don't need a silly queen to do it for. As in war, you may not believe in God, but you're dam_n glad the Stars and Stripes are on your side; therein lies your hypocrisy. And one thing I can't stand is a hypocrite. And, fro now on I think I'll refer to all people from the Australian continent as Britons using the same logic as US of A ain't full of Americans.

Rubbish. Although the US tipped the scales, the primary reason the USA entered WW1 & 11 was for national security/self interest reasons, not to fight other countries wars. On the reverse side don't forget the thousands who have died assisting the US to fight their wars, a fact this is unfortunately overlooked by some US citizens. BTW one of the most higly decorated military persons in the Vietnam War was a British national.

Another was an Ozzie, Barry Tolley.Former friend.

While you got your dictionary out, look up septics.As in septic tanks.

I have noticed Aussie humor seems unable to get past kindergarten type rhyming name calling.

At least the Thais make up a new word, Farang. Aussies are stuck with referring to Americans as places where sh** is kept. Class act that, eh?

Ozzies are big enough to admit when they get something wrong,as I did. Septics always think they are right.

When wrong I admit it promptly and apologize.

See:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/701943-yingluk-in-uniform/page-6#entry7406366

Sorry, I thought you brought up the reference to ********* when you only repeated it. My apologies.

You however clutter up the board with flames and insulting rhyming slang because you can't get our facts straight.

Edited by thailiketoo

Rubbish The first major offensive by American forces (not British but American) against the Empire of Japan was the battle of Guadalcanal to save Australia.

If the Japanese captured the island, they could cut off the sea route between Australia and America. If the Americans controlled the island, they would be better able to protect Australia from Japanese invasion.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/battle_of_guadalcanal.htm

USA entered WWII because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. Full stop.

Rubbish The first major offensive by American forces (not British but American) against the Empire of Japan was the battle of Guadalcanal to save Australia.

If the Japanese captured the island, they could cut off the sea route between Australia and America. If the Americans controlled the island, they would be better able to protect Australia from Japanese invasion.

No idea fgor the attack on my post as it confirms US forces were deployed for national security/self interests. US wanted to protect the sea routes to ANZ mainlands as they were major bases for US forces in their build up for the Pacific Campaign, not out of the kindness of heart to protect Australia/N.Z.

Edited by simple1

Indeed. Its just a bit of fun. Very surprised having returned after nearly 20 years away, how much more Welsh, Wales has become.

Maybe its the assembly? Anyway, as long as we beat the English in the rugby we don't care. Lol

At least the Welsh have a chance at beating the English at rugby. Us Scots don't have much chance of winning anything nowadays. Certainly not football or rugby. Maybe tennis laugh.png

The way things are at the moment, you could probably beat us English at cricket!

Are people from the USA Americans?

Yes.

They are nationals of the United States of America and their nationality is American.

Just as I am English and a national of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, but my nationality is British.

It seem some people would prefer Americans be called "United States of America ians" and the British as "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland ians!"

Maybe we could shorten those to "USAians" and UKians" to keep people happy.

Me? I prefer things as they are.

Does anyone from any other country in the Americas consider themselves American? I doubt it; surely they consider themselves Brazilian, Canadian, Mexican etc.?

• Like 1

No idea fgor the attack on my post as it confirms US forces were deployed for national security/self interests. US wanted to protect the sea routes to ANZ mainlands as they were major bases for US forces in their build up for the Pacific Campaign, not out of the kindness of heart to protect Australia/N.Z.

USA entered WW2 a day after and because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. 8 months later and before any significant US presence in Australia, America launched its first major battle at Guadalcanal to save Australia from invasion by the Japanese. You can spin it any way you want but most Aussies just said Thanks at the time. 7000 Americans died there.

• Like 1

thailiketoo, maybe you should read this from the U.S. Army Center of Military History.

If you do, you will see that whilst protecting Australia and New Zealand from Japanese invasion was one of the reasons for this campaign, it was not the only, or even main, one.

As the enemy closed on those two island democracies, the Allies scrambled to shore up defenses, first by fortifying the Malay Barrier, and then, after Japanese smashed through that line, by reinforcing an Australian drive north across New Guinea. To make this first Allied offensive in the Pacific more effective, the Americans mounted a separate attack from a different direction to form a giant pincers in the Southwest Pacific. This decision brought American forces into the Solomon Islands and U.S. Army troops onto the island of Guadalcanal

Read on and you will see that another major aim was to protect American sea routes.

Edited by 7by7

USA entered WW2 a day after and because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. 8 months later and before any significant US presence in Australia, America launched its first major battle at Guadalcanal to save Australia from invasion by the Japanese. You can spin it any way you want but most Aussies just said Thanks at the time. 7000 Americans died there.

Thanks, but I do know of the attack on Pearl Harbour and the US loss of life on Guadalcanal. We will just have to disagree on the strategic reasoning for the attack on Guadalcanal.

Thanks, but I do know of the attack on Pearl Harbour and the US loss of life on Guadalcanal. We will just have to disagree on the strategic reasoning for the attack on Guadalcanal.

I can give you ten links that all confirm the objective of denying their use by the Japanese as bases to threaten supply routes between the U.S., Australia, and New Zealand. Strategically, possession of a Guadalcanal air base was important to control of the sea lines of communication between the United States and Australia. If the Americans controlled the island, they would be better able to protect Australia from Japanese invasion and they could also protect the Allied build-up in Australia that would act as a springboard for a major assault on the Japanese. Hence the importance of the island.

Australia was alone. The Brits lost Singapore and Burma and would have done the same thing with Australia. America only stood in the way. Boggles my mind that you would not say a prayer every night for the Americans who died to keep Australia free. Why? Does that really make any difference? Japan might have attacked but didn't. There may have been a major loss of Australian civilian lives but there wasn't. And you are trying to denigrate Americas contribution to the freedom and safety enjoyed by Australia in the past and today as a result of the American military. Amazing, just amazing.

Japan might have attacked but didn't.

The bombing of Darwin:

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/fact-sheets/fs195.aspx

Japanese midget submarine attacks on Sydney, 1942:

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/fact-sheets/fs192.aspx

Two air raids and a midget sub is hardly what one might call an attack during WWII. 2 British motorists died and 39 Australian civilians died as a result of the air raids. 7000 Americans died at Guadalcanal so the Japanese would not invade Australia at some point in time which was my point.

Edited by thailiketoo