Thai-Indian business tycoon to be deported for protesting

Lite Beer

Right, NO foreigner have a right to go for protest, this is a Native Thai Nation issue and Business. That what I exactly hate in my country or back in Europe,foreigners come to our country's and going on the street to tell us what we should do and what there rights. xxxxxyou all,if you don't like the country you visit then leave it !!!!!!

We should leave it, broke, broken and tattered, then take away the rights and assets of Thais in our countries and send them home, if they are all like you of course...

Edited by johnefallis

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CMPO asks Immigration to deport anti-govt protest leader Satish Sehgal;

seek talks with PDRC to reopen Rama8 bridge Feb 6 /MCOT

I had dealings with Khun Satish in the early 1980s and believe he has dual nationality.

India does not allow Dual nationality. So it seems he is going back.

Maybe he has Thai citizenship and also a P.O.I card

UPDATE

Indian to be deported for leading protests

BANGKOK: -- The Thai government on Tuesday ordered the deportation of an Indian businessman for leading a group of protesters in a business district in Bankok demanding the ouster of Ms. Yingluck .

Satish Sehgal, chairman of the Thai-Indian Business Association, was ordered to be deported by Thailand’s Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO), which is overseeing the government’s response to protests, according to Thai news agency MCOT.

The CMPO directed immigration authorities and police to start procedures to deport Sehgal, who has been living in Bangkok for decades and holds an Indian passport, for leading anti-government protests and defying a state of emergency.

Mr. Sehgal was a core member of the protests aimed at ousting Ms. Yingluck.

Authorities had warned last month that action would be taken against five non-Thai protesters for their active role in demonstrations led by former Democrat lawmaker Suthep Thaugsuban.

Last month, Sehgal led a group of protesters in Bangkok’s business district and called for the elected government to quit. He also publicly criticised the government and showed his strong affiliation to the opposition Democrat Party.

Thailand has a sizable population of ethnic Indian businessmen who have largely remained focused on increasing their business presence.

-- TheHindu.com 2014-02-04

A foreigner in Thailand does not enjoy the same rights as a Thai that are provided by the Thai Constitution?

Probably not? I have been married to my Thai Wife for 14 years, but as I understand it, if we move to Thailand, I will be treated like a foreigner as far as immigration is concerned, as far as buying a house is concerned and who knows what else. This has been holding me back from her wish for me to move with her to Thailand. Sort of like walking unvited into someone's house.

"who knows what else" well all the foreigners living in the country. There is a substantial list of what rights we havent got cheesy.gif . Actually good move hang on for quite some time and do a hell of alot of research before u commit my opinion only of course but im happy living here no complaints really.

Deport him, one less foreigner to think about. He can appeal to the People's Council but I guess Suthep and his comrades gives a damn about some kind of big shot about the Thai Indian Chamber of Commerce. He should have joined the Thai visa brigade and he would still be save or join up his brother and sisters in India to choose between the BJP and the Congress party because India too is not really a democracy.

Why this bloke really got involved in Thailand I still don't get it.

UPDATE

Indian to be deported for leading protests

BANGKOK: -- The Thai government on Tuesday ordered the deportation of an Indian businessman for leading a group of protesters in a business district in Bankok demanding the ouster of Ms. Yingluck .

Satish Sehgal, chairman of the Thai-Indian Business Association, was ordered to be deported by Thailand’s Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO), which is overseeing the government’s response to protests, according to Thai news agency MCOT.

The CMPO directed immigration authorities and police to start procedures to deport Sehgal, who has been living in Bangkok for decades and holds an Indian passport, for leading anti-government protests and defying a state of emergency.

Mr. Sehgal was a core member of the protests aimed at ousting Ms. Yingluck.

Authorities had warned last month that action would be taken against five non-Thai protesters for their active role in demonstrations led by former Democrat lawmaker Suthep Thaugsuban.

Last month, Sehgal led a group of protesters in Bangkok’s business district and called for the elected government to quit. He also publicly criticised the government and showed his strong affiliation to the opposition Democrat Party.

Thailand has a sizable population of ethnic Indian businessmen who have largely remained focused on increasing their business presence.

-- TheHindu.com 2014-02-04

I guess four more foreigners to go. Well done :)

Gosh one less Indian,never mind foreigners were warned before hand and there's another billion available.

Wonder if they'll move on to Chinese Thai American Thia Falang Thai,problem with xenophobia it starts getting messy when not everyone is equally xenophobic and chooses to marry.

In other places symptoms of a lack of individuation,immature children myself included always chose to blame others for our misfortune.Taking responsibility,serving time,paying your dues will be a sign of joine up thinking and a new breed of mature adults.Adultery is not just for the weekend.

Sad. There was a big article on him in the Bangkok Post a few days back where it talked about how his family came to Thailand, how they built up the businesses, he became a respected member of the community, did good works for charity etc. If this was America everyone would say that he is representative of what makes America great, he is the living embodiment of The American Dream, proof that anyone can make it there through hard work and dedication. Sadly this is Thailand and there is no democracy here, only Taksinocracy that says dissenters must be punished. By the sounds of it he is a real stand up guy and his only 'crime' is taking a stand against a corrupt government made up of criminals and gangsters, he did the right thing and he will suffer for it. This is a sad day for Thailand.

I couldn't agree more. His only crime is being a person of integrity who saw the tyranny in his adopted homeland go beyond tolerable and decided to take a stand.

This is pure vindictive harassment and intimidation and reflects on the immature and bullying nature of those behind what Thai's call "slaughter the chicken for the monkey to see" or roughly translated as "since he's a high profile non-citizen we'll make an example of him to foreigners to stay out of our business".

I smell Chalerm and Surapong behind this.

We are foreigners in this country. Person on integrity? Let him fix India (his own country) first before he want to judge Thailand. Between India and Thailand I prefer Thailand first. Bangkok might be a mess now but thanks god Thailand is not only made of Bangkok as it only has a population of around 10% of Thailand so we still have 90% that live outside of Bangkok. Bangkok is peanut for the Kingdom of Thailand.

Sad. There was a big article on him in the Bangkok Post a few days back where it talked about how his family came to Thailand, how they built up the businesses, he became a respected member of the community, did good works for charity etc. If this was America everyone would say that he is representative of what makes America great, he is the living embodiment of The American Dream, proof that anyone can make it there through hard work and dedication. Sadly this is Thailand and there is no democracy here, only Taksinocracy that says dissenters must be punished. By the sounds of it he is a real stand up guy and his only 'crime' is taking a stand against a corrupt government made up of criminals and gangsters, he did the right thing and he will suffer for it. This is a sad day for Thailand.

I couldn't agree more. His only crime is being a person of integrity who saw the tyranny in his adopted homeland go beyond tolerable and decided to take a stand.

This is pure vindictive harassment and intimidation and reflects on the immature and bullying nature of those behind what Thai's call "slaughter the chicken for the monkey to see" or roughly translated as "since he's a high profile non-citizen we'll make an example of him to foreigners to stay out of our business".

I smell Chalerm and Surapong behind this.

We are foreigners in this country. Person on integrity? Let him fix India (his own country) first before he want to judge Thailand. Between India and Thailand I prefer Thailand first. Bangkok might be a mess now but thanks god Thailand is not only made of Bangkok as it only has a population of around 10% of Thailand so we still have 90% that live outside of Bangkok. Bangkok is peanut for the Kingdom of Thailand.

Errmm, is this thread about your preferences of countries Sir? Please try to stick to the topic.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

if you don't like the country you visit then leave it !

I disagree with the concept of borders.

They are a man-made source of selfishness and xenophobia.

I see the world as a whole.

Everyone should be alone to move freely.

And people from any country should be able to get involved in other countries' problems if they think they can help.

Now, what other world do you suggest I teleport myself to?

• Like 1

CMPO asks Immigration to deport anti-govt protest leader Satish Sehgal;

seek talks with PDRC to reopen Rama8 bridge Feb 6 /MCOT

I had dealings with Khun Satish in the early 1980s and believe he has dual nationality.

Decent chap, by the way, in my view.

Thai nationals can't be deported from Thailand.

There was an article about Mr. Sehgal several days ago. Two key points from the article were that he has been a regular speaker on the protest stage, and that he was born in India and has never gotten Thai citizenship.

...one man has cut a distinctive figure as he leads the rally on the Silom stage every day. Satish Sehgal...

The following was the caption below a picture from the article:

BACKING REFORM: Satish Sehgal, second from right, and PDRC protesters march to the Department of Civil Aviation to stop officials from working in the office.

Also from the article:

Mr Sehgal was born in India... He has never become a citizen...

So Mr. Sehgal is not a Thai citizen and he wasn't someone who just happened to be hanging around the protest. He gave speeches from the stage and participated in trying to prevent Thai government officials from doing their jobs.

• Like 2

I suppose all us foreigners living in Thailand should stop criticising the government on TV and other forums, as we may also risk deportation. It should not be too hard for the government to force TV (or the telecoms companies) to expose who is behind the various nicknames/IPs here.

This could be good news for the government supporters, who may now claim that no (or few) foreigners support the anti-government protests :-)

Or it could be bad for those cheerleading the antics of PTP when they are collectively booted out from government and someone else comes in.

• Like 1

Right, NO foreigner have a right to go for protest, this is a Native Thai Nation issue and Business. That what I exactly hate in my country or back in Europe,foreigners come to our country's and going on the street to tell us what we should do and what there rights. xxxxxyou all,if you don't like the country you visit then leave it !!!!!!

What a retarded comment. Human rights, including concerns about human exploitation, is a global concern.

It does not matter where ones feet are in this world, you should be free to support such things, if you dare.

I bet you aren't railing against the evangelists or the capitalists from afar who prosthelytize outside of their nation-state.

• Like 2

My opinion...Anybody without rights to vote....cannot have rights to do any political activity.......even join any protests or political parade, without risking deportation...or at least some kind of problems if the protest becomes illegal or violent...In this case...this individual is not just a foreigner, its also a member of a public government institution participating in an anti-government movement. In my understanding....those are the rules, official or not, in most countries.

First of all, you must define "political activity".

Does your discussion of what should or should not be part of thai policy, right here, right now, not constitute political activity?

And if not, then where is the line?

To the best of my knowledge, it is not illegal for foreign nationals to engage in legal demonstrations in my country, the US.

Nor should it be. It is codified in our constitution. Our laws extend to our guests and residents.

One does get the impression sometimes that we simply are not viewed as guests here.

My opinion...Anybody without rights to vote....cannot have rights to do any political activity.......even join any protests or political parade, without risking deportation...or at least some kind of problems if the protest becomes illegal or violent...In this case...this individual is not just a foreigner, its also a member of a public government institution participating in an anti-government movement. In my understanding....those are the rules, official or not, in most countries.

First of all, you must define "political activity".

Does your discussion of what should or should not be part of thai policy, right here, right now, not constitute political activity?

And if not, then where is the line?

To the best of my knowledge, it is not illegal for foreign nationals to engage in legal demonstrations in my country, the US.

Nor should it be. It is codified in our constitution. Our laws extend to our guests and residents.

One does get the impression sometimes that we simply are not viewed as guests here.

OPINION

Satish Sehgal: Move to Deport Satish from Thailand

By: Michael Jon

(A quick, unedited update.)

I saw an alert today that a Thai-Indian tycoon was to be deported for joining the protests. I immediately thought of Satish and called him. It is Satish.

Huge numbers of Thai people know that Satish has devoted massive efforts for decades to help improve Thailand. He has supported Royal Projects, the Monarchy, and the economy by helping to boost trade with India, for example.

Satish was born in Delhi and graduated from school there, but then moved to Thailand. He has lived here more than fifty years. He does not hold Thai citizenship and his passport is Indian. He said that his face appears Indian but his heart is Thai, and he is Thai.

During our talk, his two phones were ringing constantly with people showing concern. Finally he turned them off so that we could talk. Satish seemed at once deeply saddened and deeply worried. Saddened because he obviously loves Thailand and many people realize the charity and stimulation he brings, yet the government suddenly wants to kick him out after more than fifty years. Yet he never said a bad word about Yingluck, which was amazing. He did not appear angry at all.

I told Satish that he looks sad and worried to me, and he said that is right. He is not angry but very sad, and extremely worried about his 90 year-old mother. He lives with his mother and she needs him for care and company. He said he has lived with his mom for forty years and she needs to see him every day.

If the government deports him, he is worried about the care of his mother. She needs him, not a nurse.

He said that on 23 January, the DSI summoned him to DSI HQ on the 24th, only one day later. He happened to find the summons late at night pasted by his residence. He was unable to make it to DSI on such short notice.

He mentioned having advised six Thai governments, never taking sides, and often negotiating internationally on behalf of the Kingdom. He admires the King and saw the good things he brings to Thailand. Satish said that Thailand has the best King in the world and that Thai should be very proud to be Thai.

Satish does not yet know the charges. The government has not delivered any paperwork. I asked how he knows it is real, and he said it is all over the internet. He learned from the internet. I asked if he is 100% sure that this is not internet gossip. Satish said that he is 100% sure because he has friends in the right places who confirmed it.

This truly is sad.

Source: Michael Jon

https://www.facebook.com/MichaelYonFanPage

I thought Khun Satish already had Thai nationality. I was wrong. But I still regard him as a Thai and as a decent chap. My heart and hope is with him,

• Like 1

AND just what the hell are international wars all about, if not a form of violent protest against how others run their state?