Which one should I buy? Honda City or Toyota Vios

tangcoral

Lets assume they are priced exactly the same, which would you take and why?

Pros and Cons of each? Or does it come down to personal taste? Never mind the looks.

I'll probably get the higher tier model on either car.

I also notice the City has the VSA option, I dont see that on the Vios...how important or necessary is the vehicle skid assit?

Edited by tangcoral

Go rent one of of each for a day and then make up your mind, will cost 3-4 k baht perhaps but will be money well spent.

A friend of mine did just that app. 3 years ago and bought the City, he said everything was better in the City but that was 3 years ago.

I like the City best of the two, the Viros engine is dated.

I'm still driving my 2009 City, it's a decent little car. If I was looking at the top tier City/Vios models, I'd go for the new City. The new '+' model has CVT, e-85 compatibility and side and head airbags. All pluses over the Vios, in my opinion.

• Like 2

I may stretch my budget and leaning towards altis and civic...whats new for 2014? Which would be a better buy?

If u dun mind the Corolla being the next~in~line taxis in BKK,go for it..juz don't take similar colours as the taxis..lolz..

Sent from my i-mobile IQX Bliz using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi, I'm looking for a buyer for my Vios 2013 top model with leather seats upgrade from toyota K motor.

Registered on 18/10/2013 I'm selling due to upgrade to fortuner. The car is in good condition and it's almost 4months old. I'm a Singaporean working here in bangkok. Let me know of you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I rented the Vios but bought the City, a much better finished car to my mind. For practical purposes though I would much rather have a Jazz, had one before and though the finish in the City may be a little better I really miss the versatility of the hatchback.

I rented the Vios but bought the City, a much better finished car to my mind. For practical purposes though I would much rather have a Jazz, had one before and though the finish in the City may be a little better I really miss the versatility of the hatchback.

There is a new City released in January, the engine is now compatible with fuel up to E85 and has CVT, and top model SV+ is 749,000bt many many air bags and safety features so City would be top choice. The only strange thing they have done is taken rear disc brakes off and replaced with drum brakes.

I may stretch my budget and leaning towards altis and civic...whats new for 2014? Which would be a better buy?

Guess the Altis is the newest if you like it... the Civic a few months older [to me difficult driving position in the new and last model Civic so would be 1st off the list]

Myself if I wanted this size maybe the Nissan Sylphy, or the best looking in class in my eyes the Mitsubishi Lancer EX

Well, to follow up on another thread.

After being in the market for 2 months, I bought the Vios yesterday. The J version. I did not need abs, nor power side windows and pretty skirts (unless on my wife). Better financing for a farang, as Honda had "discounted cough cough" the %50 downpayment for us aliens to %30. And it was still too high for me.

Toyota had the 30k downpayment discount plus another 15k if you did not take their Galaxy Note 3. So 45k discount and %20 deposit.

I will get an aftermarket touch screen bluetooth thingy later on.