Welcome to New Members

tuky

We at Thaivisa welcome all new members in the Thai year 2549, or perhaps as most of us might know it, 2006.

Post your introduction here so we all might get a chance to know you, and you us before you start posting.

Welcome to Thaivisa, we hope you enjoy your time here :D

:D:o

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone

I was told about this website from a friend of mine. I've been doing alot of reading and made exactly 1 post and enjoyed it tremendously. It took me about 1 week to get the nerves to introduced myself, so, HERE WE GO:

As you can see my nik is "misplaced". The name actually translate my personal feelings of living in the UnitedStates but feel the sense of belonging to Thailand. I am 100% Thai man and have been living in USA for the last 28 years. I am married with zero child to a wonderful Thai women. My entire existence revolved around my family, friends, pets (2 dogs & 1 cat), and a dream of someday to be living back in Thailand.

I really don't want to bore many of you with my personal information, but please feel free to ask if you would like to know anything in particular. I'm not overly sensitive and I do enjoy a good harassement from friends now and than, so, please don't feel as if you need to be polite. I give as good as I take (make sense?).

Anyway, I hope you gentleman and ladies welcome myself with open arms; eventhough, I'm not a farang perse'. :o

Thank you so much for this site, I can finally keep up todate on the current events in LOS

welcome to the forum Misplaced.

I'm not overly sensitive and I do enjoy a good harassement from friends now and than, so, please don't feel as if you need to be polite. I give as good as I take (make sense?).

This is a good attitude to have for this board. There are alot of members on here who can not pass up the chance to insult anyone or anything from America.

I almost quit reading this forum when I first joined because of all the america bashing. But my love for Thaland has kept me around and the american bashing is not nearly what it used to be.

again welcome

PKG

Allow me to introduce myself.

I'm Mad Mike, formerly Buadhai, formerly mgnewman.

I junked mgnewman because no one could pronounce it.

The board software stole Buadhai from me, but I hope to return to it "real soon now".

I was trying to help the admins figure out why some people stopped getting topic notifications via e-mail. After some testing I discovered that only some e-mail domains were not receiving notifications. So, I changed from my venerable Dot Mac e-mail address to a GMail address. GMail worked.

Unfortunately, GMail is POP only (no IMAP) so all the notifications were going to my iMac desktop machine, which is always on. But, I usually access TV from my wireless iBook.

To remedy this, I decided to switch my e-mail again; this time to a working IMAP account.

Sadly, that account never received the verification notice from the board, so although I am able to log on as buadhai, I am unable to post or send PM's.

I have e-mailed the admins about this problem, but, since it is a long holiday weekend, I have no hope of the problem being fixed until at least mid-week.

In the mean time I have adopted the sobriquet so kindly given my by Yorky: Mad Mike.

However, the avatar remains the same, obnoxious and much-hated Mr. Big Head. And, I've added a hint as to my real identity in my signature line, below.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all.

The board software stole Buadhai from me, but I hope to return to it "real soon now".

I was trying to help the admins figure out why some people stopped getting topic notifications via e-mail. After some testing I discovered that only some e-mail domains were not receiving notifications. So, I changed from my venerable Dot Mac e-mail address to a GMail address. GMail worked.

Unfortunately, GMail is POP only (no IMAP) so all the notifications were going to my iMac desktop machine, which is always on. But, I usually access TV from my wireless iBook.

To remedy this, I decided to switch my e-mail again; this time to a working IMAP account.

Sadly, that account never received the verification notice from the board, so although I am able to log on as buadhai, I am unable to post or send PM's.

I have e-mailed the admins about this problem, but, since it is a long holiday weekend, I have no hope of the problem being fixed until at least mid-week.

In the mean time I have adopted the sobriquet so kindly given my by Yorky: Mad Mike.

However, the avatar remains the same, obnoxious and much-hated Mr. Big Head. And, I've added a hint as to my real identity in my signature line, below.

The forum ghost must like you MG :D

When we get live admins again we can hopefully merge the two/three characters. :o

cv

Call me stoopid, but what is your former handle? :o:D

New Members please not. The forum rules actually forbid the use of two handles. But we have allowed member mad_mike to use a new handle to allow him to post until we can sort out his problem.

Be sure to read the Forum Rules and we will get along fine :D

The forum ghost must like you MG :D

When we get live admins again we can hopefully merge the two/three characters. :o

cv

I may be out of Thailand fot Christmas New Year thingy. But I am aboard through the generosity of cyberspace :D

Hey All!

I just noticed this topic in the forum.. sorry I didnt introduce myself sooner.

I am a Canadian living in Hong Kong right now, but in January will relocate to Koh Samui. I am a chef and got a great job at a resort out there. I love the food forums!!

Thaivisa has been very heplful to me so far (apart from some grumpy replies) and it is making my transition into Thailand easier.

I'm happy to be a part of your community, thank you all

Happy New Year Everyone!

Mike, I sorted out your problem 16:00 this afternoon. Hope it works now!

Cheers!

Hey All!

I just noticed this topic in the forum.. sorry I didnt introduce myself sooner.

I am a Canadian living in Hong Kong right now, but in January will relocate to Koh Samui. I am a chef and got a great job at a resort out there. I love the food forums!!

Thaivisa has been very heplful to me so far (apart from some grumpy replies) and it is making my transition into Thailand easier.

I'm happy to be a part of your community, thank you all

Happy New Year  Everyone!

Hi Lovesun and welcome... had the pleasure of talking to you in Thaivisa Chat the other day.. come and see us again sometime.. :o

totster :D

Mike, I sorted out your problem 16:00 this afternoon. Hope it works now!

Cheers!

Does that mean mine should work now too? Just noticed, don't get PMs either - sent a test PM and nada,neither e-mail or board PM notification. :o

I think that some e-mail servers are rejecting mail from thaivisa.com. No idea why. Yahoo works. Gmail works.

The problem George fixed for me was an attempt to change my e-mail address to an account that I thought would work but didn't. As a result, I never got the confirmation message and was unable to post.

Now I can post, but notification still does not work to some e-mail servers.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys!!

I am also new to the computer world, so please forgive me if i have impolite manners sometimes... I have just discovered all kinds of etiquette that you are supposed to follow when chatting and blogging (i dont even jnow what blogging means really)

LOL!!

Oh yeah.. Happy New Year Everyone!

Edited by Lovesun

welcome to the forum Misplaced.

I'm not overly sensitive and I do enjoy a good harassement from friends now and than, so, please don't feel as if you need to be polite. I give as good as I take (make sense?).

This is a good attitude to have for this board. There are alot of members on here who can not pass up the chance to insult anyone or anything from America.

I almost quit reading this forum when I first joined because of all the america bashing. But my love for Thaland has kept me around and the american bashing is not nearly what it used to be.

again welcome

PKG

Thanx for the welcome.

I don't really let America Bashing bother me too much, I just considered it as jealousy :o . When the chips are down who do they called "A-M-E-R-I-C-A". The day the world stop asking America for help is when they can start to bash us.

I must say though, I do enjoy being in Thailand much more.

We at Thaivisa welcome all new members in the Thai year 2549, or perhaps as most of us might know it, 2006.

Post your introduction here so we all might get a chance to know you, and you us before you start posting.

Welcome to Thaivisa, we hope you enjoy your time here  :D

:D  :o

Hi, y'all -

I'm Steve, was referred to this group by a good friend in Pattaya. I live in the US with my Thai wife and our three kids (hers and ours). I get to LOS every few months for business and play, have been going for the past 5 years, and plan to retire, or semi-retire in the Chiangmai area in afew years. We have the land, will build soon. Like most of us, I'm still completely mystified by Thai women and most things Thai. So I'm here to get a clue. Thanks!

When I first signed on a couple of weeks ago and started asking questions in the Visa section, I remember thinking "I wonder why they do not have an introduce yourself area?"

My excuse is that I am thick.

Got some good advice (and done a LOT of reading!) - really given me a headstart with the visa stuff. Thanks folks. Will try and put at least something "back in the well".

Just in case any ECO at Brit Embassy is reading this, for a hobby I help old ladies accross the road......... and the Missus is really a Nun :o Honest.

Hi guys I am Montanut you can call me Mona. Living in Oxford, UK. I got married as soon as I graduated from the Assumption University to a British Gordie lad - happily married for nearly 7 years. Expecting a baby in any minunte now. I stumbled along and found this forum when searching for a recipe and thought it is great! It makes me home sick and I envy you guys who are living in thailand.

I bet those British folks who are living in Bangkok envy me cause I can get endless supply of Marmite and Custard!!! Yummy! Oh and how about Salt and Vinegar crisps and clotted cream?!? :o

I am half Chinese - I lived in China Town area so if you want to know anything about that area let me know!

Nice talking to you guys :D

BTW, my favourite forum is FOOD also. I am so obsessed about food.

Mona

Hi Everyone,

Like Mona, just noticed this thread too so apologies for a belated intro!

My name is Jaff, I'm 33 & live in London.

I spent 1 year teaching English in Thailand ( came home 3 days before the tsunami) & have visited on many more occassions.

Back in the UK now but I have a business in BKK which requires me to travel to & fro. I am single again after breaking up with my thai g/f so am nursing a broken heart & wondering why I'm so unlucky in love....

Hi, I'm the_heart_thief. (I'm also a diamond thief, so I used to be Ali Baba's apprentice.) I'm a Party Animal most of the time, but my job (teaching) requires me to look and act uptight while working. It's also mandatory that I "eradicate my sense-of-humor at work (if I ever had one). Other than that, I'm alright especially at night when I'm playing with my baby, my computer!

I guess, that's all I can say about me for now.

Welcome to Thaivisa, we hope you enjoy your time here :D

:D:o

Hello all

thaimac here making his first post from ireland,took me about three months to do it,scared to death.

hope to travel to thailand this year,have being twice before on short stays 1 to 2 months,planning a longer visit this year when the visa bills cool off!!!

im really enjoying the forum,cheers!!!!!