Welcome to New Members

tuky

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, yeah...guday. I'm an Aussie, as ya mighta guessed. Believe it or not I'm doing my bit for the world domination of the English language.

Still figuring this forum out. If I ever find a FAQ that tells me how to post an avatar or pic on here I'll do it???

Hi there, I am the one with nickname Snake, but i do not bite,

at least not so quick...

Live in the Netherlands and after the first holiday in Thailand (dec 2005) becoming a frequently

returning visitor.

Like to pick up all the "nice to know" and "need to know" things

and sniffing around in this forum for all the serious and funny stuff.

Gee .... there is a lot to reed here .. do not know where to start!

A lot of members here too, will be hard to get to know them all !

One is start (thanks Bambi !) :o

o yes .. like to learn to read and write Thai language too .. long way to go !

pleased to meet you all ! :D

Edited by Snake

Good Evening,

So sorry to have missed this part when joining a few days ago...

I am Welsh when Wales play rugby and English when England play football.

Life was great in the late sixties & early seventies.

Looking forward to making friends and having fun here.

Luv it already so much the wife is getting jealous !

Good Evening,

I dig that kind of fuzzy logic. :D

Welcome to :o enjoy.....!

redrus

Hi, I'm chris simone's my daughter. We live in Hawaii. We just returned 2 days ago from our first trip to thailand. Very interesting.Kinda hot,smelly,crowded,wet(songkan). Really enjoyed ourselfs.I been reading the posts on here for months, lots of good stuff, Thanks to all posters. We spent our 11 days in Bangkok, Will probably try up north next trip. I'm in the process of dropping out of society (again) and was thinking of moving there for a while. Don't know if this is the right place,or if it is allright to post this or not but I found a cheap tour guide who worked out very well for me and probably saved me a lot of money if anyone's interested,let me know. Thanks again for this forum,Chris.

I am a Thai girl who has been spending her time in England since studying there.

I found your site and intersted about how foreigners feel and say about Thailand.

Hi, I'm chris simone's my daughter. We live in Hawaii. We just returned 2 days ago from our first trip to thailand. Very interesting.Kinda hot,smelly,crowded,wet(songkan). Really enjoyed ourselfs.I been reading the posts on here for months, lots of good stuff, Thanks to all posters. We spent our 11 days in Bangkok, Will probably try up north next trip. I'm in the process of dropping out of society (again) and was thinking of moving there for a while. Don't know if this is the right place,or if it is allright to post this or not but I found a cheap tour guide who worked out very well for me and probably saved me a lot of money if anyone's interested,let me know. Thanks again for this forum,Chris.

Welcome both of you to :o , enjoy. :D

redrus

I am a Thai girl who has been spending her time in England since studying there.

I found your site and intersted about how foreigners feel and say about Thailand.

Welcome!!!!

I'm very interested in hearing your story's, we can use more females on this forum! Your Thai visions of life will be highly appreciated.

:o

Hi...

I'm Kate.

I am lving in Chiang Mai and would like to say hello.

please don't be horrible to me as I am new.

Hi Kate!

Hi: I'm Nancy and i live in the Washington DC area of the US. I lived in Bangkok in the 80's and 90's and now am seriously considering returning. I am looking at Chiang Rai and have visited the forum.

Nice folks in there. Any advice about Chiang Rai would be appreciated. Looking forward to stopping by regularly.

Hello Kate. Is this your first tour in Thailand?

Hi Nancy!

Ah, yeah...guday. I'm an Aussie, as ya mighta guessed. Believe it or not I'm doing my bit for the world domination of the English language.

Still figuring this forum out. If I ever find a FAQ that tells me how to post an avatar or pic on here I'll do it???

Hi bruce! Just pop over to your control panel, and use the "guided mode option" to atart with. click update avatar, and you´ll get it step by step, as with allthings in life... Welcome!

Good Evening,

Hi oneyed john! ! Myt mother´s half welsh, and i´m english/dutch/spanish/and a bit of everything else mixed in... That´s why I make good cocktails...

A very warm welcome to Rose Apple.... What a great blend of english and thai!! Look forward to your contribution!

Hi Simone and Chris! welcome to the rank and file of us tv.commers! As you must have established, we all like to have fun here, but the help is also always forthcoming.

Welcome to Thaivisa, we hope you enjoy your time here :D

:D:o

Pinstripe charly... You nickname puts you in good stead with us already. Warm welcome to all.

I´m Kayo, a mostly harmless joker who likes to have fun, and every now and then can be helpful... One of the many court jesters if you will!

Enjoy the board. Oh! And don´t mind any of the others.

:D

Hello people!

I read Thaivisa website and this forum for a while, and I finally registered some time ago.

I'm from The Netherlands and (almost) have an opportunity to work at a university in Bangkok, in an engineering instructor position. Job hunting from here is difficult, but I'm lucky to have an old teacher here who has some contacts with Bangkok Universities. And he really wants to help.

I have been in Thailand many times already, and since some time a Thai girlfriend too (what's new). So I hope to join you all in LOS as soon as I can!

Hello people!

I read Thaivisa website and this forum for a while, and I finally registered some time ago.

I'm from The Netherlands and (almost) have an opportunity to work at a university in Bangkok, in an engineering instructor position. Job hunting from here is difficult, but I'm lucky to have an old teacher here who has some contacts with Bangkok Universities. And he really wants to help.

I have been in Thailand many times already, and since some time a Thai girlfriend too (what's new). So I hope to join you all in LOS as soon as I can!

:D to :o please don't let the wabbit bug you, he is harmless really.... :D

redrus

Hi, just wanted to quickly introduce myself and comment publicly what a fantastic forum this is!!!! We are currently living in Brisbane, Australia with a plan to move to rural Thailand in the next six months. I am a Thai national/Australian citizen who has lived in Australia for the past 25 years.

My husband is Australian and we have decided that life in Thailand would suite us better.

I have read through many of the topics posted on this forum and there has been a lot of useful information as well as funny comments.

Thanks to all who contribute to the many questions us Newbies ask, and I have one now! How do I find the "threads" to questions such as "visa for husband of Thai national?"

Makyai

Hope it works this time?!?!?

Hi, just wanted to quickly introduce myself and comment publicly what a fantastic forum this is!!!! We are currently living in Brisbane, Australia with a plan to move to rural Thailand in the next six months. I am a Thai national/Australian citizen who has lived in Australia for the past 25 years.

My husband is Australian and we have decided that life in Thailand would suite us better.

I have read through many of the topics posted on this forum and there has been a lot of useful information as well as funny comments.

Thanks to all who contribute to the many questions us Newbies ask, and I have one now! How do I find the "threads" to questions such as "visa for husband of Thai national?"

Makyai

Re Visa...

Have a read of this... http://www.thaivisa.com/275.0.html

then have a read here.. Thai visas, residency and work permits

You could also search for information using Search

And after all that you still haven't found your answers... then post the question in the Thai visas, residency and work permits section of the forum .

totster :D

Makyai

The Royal Thai Consulate General at 87 Annerley Road South Brisbane 4102 Tel: 3846 7771 is very user friendly. :o

The Royal Thai Consulate General at 87 Annerley Road South Brisbane 4102 Tel: 3846 7771 is very user friendly. :o

I will give them another try. It depends on the person who is there. Sometimes there is a very helpful Thai gentleman other times the ladies are not as helpful.

As I have lived most of my life in Australia, I am learning how to get what I want from Thai people. I migrated to Australia with my parents whe I was 5 years old. As my father is Swiss and mum Thai, and we are living in a western country, my behaviour and understanding more western then eastern.

Thank you for your guidance and making all Newbies feel so welcome on this forum.

Makyai

Master Chief here

I have already been replying and adding topics.

English is not my first or second languish, so go easy on me.

I have been in Thailand for about 10 years now and have a Thai family here with two lovely daughters. Run a medium size biz here.

Have strong believes in people who are good and dislike people of bad nature.

I like honest business and think that there are too many uneducated and dangerously streetwise people doing biz in Thailand, Thais and Farangs.

So all my advises must be regarded under the motto, do not buy, sell or give money in Thailand if you cannot afford to loose it, because that is why so many people get in to trouble here, they just cannot afford the loss and than they get desperate.

Heineken is my favor.

Good eating, excellent service and timid atmosphere are favorites.

Be safe out there.

I will give them another try. It depends on the person who is there. Sometimes there is a very helpful Thai gentleman other times the ladies are not as helpful.

As I have lived most of my life in Australia, I am learning how to get what I want from Thai people. I migrated to Australia with my parents whe I was 5 years old. As my father is Swiss and mum Thai, and we are living in a western country, my behaviour and understanding more western then eastern.

Thank you for your guidance and making all Newbies feel so welcome on this forum.

Makyai

You are Thai, thus your husband is able to apply for a Non-Immigrant visa and extend that for a year at a time in Thailand. Good luck.

Hello everyone, been a member and reading here for a while but never got round to introducing myself, so here goes, i am simon from the north east of scotland, working in the oil business currently on a 5 and 3 week rotation in Luanda, Angola.

Been to Thailand 6 times in the last year or so but always heading for the nightlife of patong, now i need to slow things down and stop drinking so much, so will be visiting Udon Thani in the middle of next month.

perhaps i will meet up with some of you guys there.

Simon

Hello everyone, been a member and reading here for a while but never got round to introducing myself, so here goes, i am simon from the north east of scotland, working in the oil business currently on a 5 and 3 week rotation in Luanda, Angola.

Been to Thailand 6 times in the last year or so but always heading for the nightlife of patong, now i need to slow things down and stop drinking so much, so will be visiting Udon Thani in the middle of next month.

perhaps i will meet up with some of you guys there.

Simon

If you're planning on slowin down, think carefully before meeting up with some TV'ers........ :D

:o to :D ........Enjoy. :D

redrus